• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants My Modafinil Experience

modaenjoyer18

Greenlighter
I started on Modafinil 3ish months or so ago for hypersomnia to very little effect. At the time, I was taking 400mg Modafinil, 225mg Venlafaxine, 200mg Lamotrigine and 60mg Vyvanse. Yes, I know that's a lot. Vyvanse is wildly expensive and I didn't get any sort of effect or therapeutic benefit from it, so after doing some reading I figured I would dive into the nootropics world and give that a shot. The venlafaxine has put me in the worst depression I've ever been in for the last 6 months and the lamotrigine has had zero effect on anything in my life since day 1. My current therapist (doing EMDR) is a big proponent of trying to find a non-ssri way to treat whatever I'm experiencing.

This is where things get kinda weird though. I take everything to the extreme. Like... everything... so here I am now 10 days off of Vyvanse and slowly coming off the other meds to give you my experience with Modafinil, because that's what the post is supposed to be about in the first place. So as I said, I didn't feel any benefit at all from 400mg of Modafinil so my doctor switched me to Armodafinil to see if I responded better to that with the same results, little to no benefit.

Me being me, I decided to hit the internet and found a very lovely site to order Modafinil from and proceeded to get 300 200mg pills and just take more until I felt like it worked.

Cut to now, 10 days later or so and I will lay out what I took this morning as far as meds and nootropics go and then outline the experience and thoughts I am having below that:

1000mg Armodafinil
600mg Modafinil
2000mg L-Tyrosine
1500mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
6000mg Ashwaganda Blend
600mg L-Theanine
900mg Alpha-GPC
600mg Ibuprofen
1800mg DHA
2400mg EPA
2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate
15000iu Vitamin D3
1800mg NAC
2100mg Lions Mane
600mg Uridine

Boys, girls, and people of any other gender identity, I gotta tell ya. This shit is weird. I feel stimulated but in a weird way. The best description I can give is the bodily feeling that you get when you are on a come up of mushrooms or LSD and you get that heavy, but not sedating, body high. Sometimes I feel like I'm full blown into psychedelic land but then it chills out. Obviously I am going to dial back the dosage of Moda and Armoda. I wanted to see how it felt and I'm pretty sure I have a damn good idea now.

My question to all you lovely folks is if there is any indicator in the above stack that would turn what is supposed to be a stimulant into a full blow psychedelic??? I haven't read about anyone else having a similar experience as mine. Let me know any feedback on my stack that may help, I'm not here to be criticized for my choices. Very interested to see if anyone has had an experience similar to mine.

I started on Modafinil 3ish months or so ago for hypersomnia to very little effect. At the time, I was taking 400mg Modafinil, 225mg Venlafaxine, 200mg Lamotrigine and 60mg Vyvanse. Yes, I know that's a lot. Vyvanse is wildly expensive and I didn't get any sort of effect or therapeutic benefit from it, so after doing some reading I figured I would dive into the nootropics world and give that a shot. The venlafaxine has put me in the worst depression I've ever been in for the last 6 months and the lamotrigine has had zero effect on anything in my life since day 1. My current therapist (doing EMDR) is a big proponent of trying to find a non-ssri way to treat whatever I'm experiencing.

This is where things get kinda weird though. I take everything to the extreme. Like... everything... so here I am now 10 days off of Vyvanse and slowly coming off the other meds to give you my experience with Modafinil, because that's what the post is supposed to be about in the first place. So as I said, I didn't feel any benefit at all from 400mg of Modafinil so my doctor switched me to Armodafinil to see if I responded better to that with the same results, little to no benefit.

Me being me, I decided to hit the internet and found a very lovely site to order Modafinil from and proceeded to get 300 200mg pills and just take more until I felt like it worked.

Cut to now, 10 days later or so and I will lay out what I took this morning as far as meds and nootropics go and then outline the experience and thoughts I am having below that:

1000mg Armodafinil
600mg Modafinil
2000mg L-Tyrosine
1500mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
6000mg Ashwaganda Blend
600mg L-Theanine
900mg Alpha-GPC
600mg Ibuprofen
1800mg DHA
2400mg EPA
2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate
15000iu Vitamin D3
1800mg NAC
2100mg Lions Mane
600mg Uridine

Boys, girls, and people of any other gender identity, I gotta tell ya. This shit is weird. I feel stimulated but in a weird way. The best description I can give is the bodily feeling that you get when you are on a come up of mushrooms or LSD and you get that heavy, but not sedating, body high. Sometimes I feel like I'm full blown into psychedelic land but then it chills out. Obviously I am going to dial back the dosage of Moda and Armoda. I wanted to see how it felt and I'm pretty sure I have a damn good idea now.

My question to all you lovely folks is if there is any indicator in the above stack that would turn what is supposed to be a stimulant into a full blow psychedelic??? I haven't read about anyone else having a similar experience as mine. Let me know any feedback on my stack that may help, I'm not here to be criticized for my choices. Very interested to see if anyone has had an experience similar to mine.
Can you explain your reasoning behind each of the medications and supplements listed above? What effect were you expecting each to have? Why did you add these specific things to this stack? This list includes many things I have been curious about, but I would never have thought to combine them.

Am I reading this right? Lions Mane? Wtf
Haha I'm pretty sure its just a supplement.

For what it's worth, that's a lot of supplements. Hard to know what's really going on through all of that. And even though modafinil is known as being relatively tame as opposed to stimulants, you're taking a ton of that+armo.

6000mg Ashwaganda Blend
600mg L-Theanine
Holy crap man

You are taking a hell of a lot of stuff, in VERY high doses. Not good. Just because something is labeled a "supplement" doesn't mean it's harmless. Fatal mistake for the layman.

I highlight these 2 because they have caused extreme reactions in me in such doses.

High doses of ashwagandha daily caused permanent damage to my brain, caused serotonin syndrome, sent me to the hospital twice... (in combination with other drugs like cannabis, alcohol, kratom). Regardless of interaction, it will have severe SSRI withdrawal symptoms in cessation at that dose and is likely neurotoxic.

Theanine... I had a good experience with it around 500mg for a few days, but eventually started interacting with alcoholism in severe ways causing some pretty extreme symptoms... and tolerance became so pronounced there is no reason go take that much.

I can guarantee you are doing more damage than you are trying to fix taking all of that. Your liver is also probably screaming.

Last edited:
Heck dude if you add that all up you are taking an OUNCE of pure chemicals per day

Needless to say... that's A LOT

Vitamins or supplement label be damned, that must be a shock to your system

Last edited:
It's weird, some people experience SJS from modafinil

OP does not want to be criticised for his choices, fair enough

Nobody but nobody is gonna be able to accurately say how all those substances are gonna interract / behave however, impossible

That ashwagandha dose is like 10x the recommended daily dose I usually see, in my experience high doses (400mg+ 2x/day) for over a week or 2 caused some intense anhedonia

holy heck that’s a lot of supplements && daily vitamin intake. surely your body can’t be too happy with that much ashwagandha, and perhaps may cause a lot of mental & physical distress. be careful, OP 🥺