• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My medications at the moment - what say you?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello,

I've had psychological problems since I was nothing more than a kid. I remember having huge sleep problems as early as during daycare (I wasn't even 6 years old) and my first anxiety induced chest pain occured when I was perhaps 10.

I'm diagnosticed with Asperger's Syndrome, social phobia, "real" (I don't know the English Word for it) depression and OCD.

Morning meds:

• Buprenorphine: 20 mg
  • Bupropion: 300 mg
  • Vortioxetine: 20 mg
  • Buspirone: 10 mg
  • Pregabalin: 75 mg

Evening/night meds:

• Pregabalin: 75 mg
  • Alimemazine: 80 mg
  • (until recently, but I can't afford it): 4 mg melatonine (transdermal)

Whenever I want:
  • Buspirone: 10 mg
  • Olanzapine: 10 mg (orodispersible)

I'm not contemplating suicide right now (although I'm indifferent as to wether I live or die), but I have I'm still very inactive ... something that dissapears when I use bensodiazepines or large doses of pregabalin, so I think I have GAD or some other underlying anxiety disorder - alprazolam makes me speeded. Amphetamine makes me calm and focused but also anxious.

I can't sleep for shit. The buspirone feels unnecessary. I will try to raise buprenorphine to 24 mgs (in - in time - which I will succeed with) and pregabalin to 150 x 2 (max dose for anxiety, although a friend of mine has 300 x 3, but I'm fairly sure I'll get at least 150 x 2 ... in time). Melatonine is too expensive for me. And beyond bupe and pregabalin, I've asked for either:

1. Zopiclone (which I most likely won't get)
  2. Agomelatine (which I'm hoping for ... not impossible, but I think I'll miss that one as well)
  3. Mirtazapine, 45 mg (which I think I can recieve, but probably more like 30 mg)

What would you add / remove if you had my problems? The most serious problem right now is my inability to sleep. It drives me crazy. It's 06:30 in the morning and although I didn't sleep more than 5 hours last night, I just can't fall asleep. So you see, I have alot of practical experience with medications, but I'm lacking some real knowledge about how the pills work chemically.

I would be very grateful for some help with this.

best regards