• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My last time at it..

Purposefull

Bluelighter
Long time addict here.. I got back in treatment back last summer sometime. Just yesterday I picked up my methadone takeouts of 6 milligrams a day down from 30 milligrams the day I walked in. In about 12 weeks I'll tap out at ZERO milligrams. I started tapering down from my initial 30 mg dose a few months ago, 5 mgs a week at first till I got to 10 then 1 mg every two weeks..12 short weeks and I'm free and clear! This will be my 2nd and LAST go with it. I tapered off once before. This time it's even easier since I know how the game works..
YOU CAN DO IT! I'll be 62 in July.. I've been at this since my now 38 year old son was still in grade school..

Next up..quitting smoking. I'm going on 50 years of it..
You are really doing great in your tapering and recovering. Congrats on the quitting drinking. You have accomplished a lot so I know you will have success in your smoking. I need to quit as well. 40 years for me and counting. It's time. I'll be 64 this year. I don't drink either and weed and kratom are my 2 vices. Oh and caffeine. Keep your eye on the prize.

Do it! Quitting smoking is great!

Ok it's not really, but why should I suffer alone. :D

My advice is to taper down a bit and then just quit. No nicotine replacement therapy. Tis what worked best for me anyway. Good luck. <3

I'm not doing so great on the quit smoking front. I'll leave my pack of cigarettes in the house and only smoke in the shop, but then I get kind of tired of running back and forth.. Oh well..it'll get there..

I'm not doing so great on the quit smoking front. I'll leave my pack of cigarettes in the house and only smoke in the shop, but then I get kind of tired of running back and forth.. Oh well..it'll get there..
Smoking may prove to be harder to quit than any street drug. I am finding that is so. But if we keep trying our hardest one of these times it's gonna stick.

How's the methadone tapering going? How are you feeling? Won't be long and you will be at 0 milligrams. YAY !!

Last edited:
i found smoking really hard to quit. it is different to a street drug cos even though its losing social acceptability, its still not smething you have to hide so there isn't that side of it but it means its much more embedded in normal life. you won't really hit rock bottom til you have an incurable disease.

when i finally did, last year, it had way more of an effect on my emotionally than i'd anticipated. i'm sure life factors (abusive boss) were at play but i think it contributed to me crying on the way to/from work every day for 3 months wanting to score and then eventually scoring.

still glad i quit but i didn't realise cigs had any psychological effect and it turns out they really do.