• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My last Edible made me suicidal?

soapdropper

Bluelighter
I've been taking some edibles I bought at a dispensary (10 gummies , 10mg THC each)

So far every experience has been different, But my very last edible was possibly my worst experience. It started off normal, slightly happy but my negative thoughts started to come up for some reason and they just kept piling on. Later I started shaking and crying. The next day I had this insane low feeling that life is terrible and I didn't want to exist. I felt like all the growing and maturing I did my whole life was cancelled out and I became of mushy mess of emotions. I didn't eat the next day or do anything but listen to sad playlists in my bed the whole day.

Today is the third day since I took them and I'm starting to feel more like my old self even though I still have very low points certain times of the day. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm not quite sure what happened. Every other time has been much more positive.

Firstly, edibles have been known to temporarily claim the heads of even the most experienced cannabis users. Take a small break until you feel better again and then just start low. It sounds like a simple overdose of THC here which isnt deadly or harmful in a sense but will literally fuck you up for a while and make you regret and you may make deals with yourself to not use cannabis again etc but ultimately many just see it as a mistake and go back low and slow and are fine.
I must say however though that 10mg THC is not a very high dose for an edible, but it does sound like your tolerance is very low too.
Edibles are highly not recommended for beginner Cannabis users because you see when you smoke or vape your THC overdose will pass within a couple of hours usually where as the edibles not only take a long time to kick in (see how you got confused and redosed, that redose was too soon by the way, it can be like 2 hours till you feel the full effects if you had ate as well ) but they also take a very long time to clear from the system can be around 8 hours sometimes
I hope this helps

I've been taking some edibles I bought at a dispensary (10 gummies , 10mg THC each)

So far every experience has been different, But my very last edible was possibly my worst experience. It started off normal, slightly happy but my negative thoughts started to come up for some reason and they just kept piling on. Later I started shaking and crying. The next day I had this insane low feeling that life is terrible and I didn't want to exist. I felt like all the growing and maturing I did my whole life was cancelled out and I became of mushy mess of emotions. I didn't eat the next day or do anything but listen to sad playlists in my bed the whole day.

Today is the third day since I took them and I'm starting to feel more like my old self even though I still have very low points certain times of the day. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm not quite sure what happened. Every other time has been much more positive.
yeah i got couch lock, then anxiety, was sad after it wore off, just cant handle thc unless drinking or out doing something real fun, but yeah major paranoia, im a damn light weight, i got too strong of stuff and eat too much wanna find a mellow strain that help one to sleep

Edibles will wreck me in ways vaping & smoking cannot if I go in for a strong dose and they are indeed potent.

I know I cannot sustain a life using THC at all or one that would not make me suicidal at least when all is said and done perhaps I am the disorderly user you don't want fighting for full legalization under their birth name.

I respect ganja for spiritual use I just can't do it based on my history but heck it sure is good medicine for enduring crap work too thing is I can't find better work stoned!

I respect ganja as an organic phenomenon I mean it makes many people happy who value it for both recreation and medicine. The thing I am not too comfortable with today is man tampering with the genetics thinking more THC is better lol

If I am honest I know feel better and have more energy and focus not using any THC.

That being said my crap job is not over yet and a face full of edibles won't make me suicidal this morning I guarantee that.

Last edited:
10mg is standard
I'm probably ok with edibles up to 20mg/3hrs
because it builds slowly
smoked max is 10mg/2hr

i went through a period for a couple of years where i would get very depressed, even with suicidal ideation if i got too high.

i decided to take a break.

i got over it (largely by slowly exposing myself while on phenibut), but there was this one strain more recently that always brought back those feelings: amherst sour diesel, which is strange because i love other sour diesels and basically anything diesel/ chemdog related.

i mentioned it to a budtender at the dispensary, apparently that particular strain (a.s.d.) cause similar depressive feelings for other users. very very odd.

i wonder if there's some trace cannabinoid or terp combo that does it.

I am pretty sure that suicidal ideation is never due to any chemical compound except burning napalm.

it is part of the mystique of the psychiatric industry that dispenses dangerous mental state changing drugs and wants to offload responsibility for their ignorance.

eg. some people respond well to SSRI's and others not so well. still others can begin responding to one and not another.
nobody can flatly declare that this is not about mentally induced healthful ideation rather than drug induced - and suicide is the same.

that the idea of suicide becomes more appealing with SSRI's or other psychiatric medicines, I would look to mind set and setting and dose. no part of the drig whaterver in any way contains the idea, or causes any kind of ideation which is contents of the mind,

These drugs change the landscape of mind, the resonance of it, not the contents.

I have never used edibles, but the cakes that coffee shops here in Maastricht sell, my friend bought two of the strong ones and ate both of them and told me he felt nothing

Even with a high amount of THC I would not expect such a reaction. The worst that has ever happened to me and the over 100 potheads I know is to have some paranoia and anxiety, and even that in the controllable range.

Are you maybe naturally sensitive to the effects of weed? Or could it be laced with something else?

Or maybe you are in an existentialist mode during this period of your life and weed - which is psychedelic in my experience - just triggered some existential terror?