• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My induction on bupe!

Divine-design540

Greenlighter
Well today I started bupe therapy, I'm officially 11 hours in and all I can say is wow why didnt I come to my grips before !!

Hopefully not to soon but it feels like you get your life back!

I had disappeared from blue light and was in a great big fent/hydro/ oxy anything I could get to just thinking enough is enough where's my hard earned money going?

Hope I'm not speaking to soon on the sub therapy though?

8mg sub total it was as follows
-4mg around 10am
-4mg around 2

Tomorrow they said I can take 8 in the morning and double so 8 again,seems like a lot of Suboxone but I guess we will see how I feel?

Comments?

Glad to hear that it is working for you and over the next week you should stabilize and might not need all 16 mg although that is between you and your doctor. I am curious if you plan to use Subs to detox to get clean or stay on it for an extended period as in maintenance. The reason is many people find Subs even harder to get off than the drugs that led them to it. Not to rain on your parade as Subs are a much better choice than most if not all other opioids but coming up with a long term plan is key.

Just my experience... I found suboxone a poor replacement for long term management. I will say, most doctors will promote treatment for perpetuity. I used heroin for 2 months intravenously, it was pretty shitty to withdraw from, and after it was over my likelihood of using more was also a bit lessened. The suboxone was almost harder to cope with titrating than the withdrawals would have been. Once I finally had 'adjusted' to my new life of prescribed drug prevention, I found my motivation/drive totally gone. I spent about 6 months building my WoW Characters, before I realized I needed to stop.

My doctor told me 98% I would fail if I quit suboxone, and relapse on heroin without a doubt. I decided fuck it. 28 days of withdrawals until I could enjoy the post-acute symptoms. My body was worse off than had I never been treated. This was the most drawn out, excruciating withdrawal. I haven't used in some time. This was 4 years ago. I spent 3 1/2 years clean, and did some IV heroin once six months ago. Otherwise zero uses.

If I could go back I would have spent less time in NA, not taken any replacement, and dealt with the withdrawal for a week tops and done more exercise and self evaluation.

YMMV, I am certainly not advocating going against the prevailing wisdom, just my experience having done so after wishing I had never asked for said wisdom.

Thanks for the input guys, it means a lot at a time like this especially, well the funny thing is I mentioned doing a fast taper but my doctor told me that the chances of me relapsing back to my short acting opiates of choice would be much higher, maintaining on a stable dose of subs would be a better option instead of relapse

I can honestly say that my type of addiction feels to me like I would always be addicted and using and I would never be able to stop using short acting pain pills if it was not for such a drug like Suboxone.

during my active addiction I maintained my life and my bills and my roof over my head and food for my children and child support payments never missed one it was just getting to be too much so if being on one drug that one time a day is the answer to getting my life back then I very well might consider staying on it forever, which I understand if a lot of you do not agree with but that's my addiction I feel

I am self-employed and run a successful business so there seems to always be money to be spent but that was my problem when is enough enough?

Today for me I hope and pray

I had a counselor say that to me, if you can take suboxone everyday for the rest of your life and live a meaningful life whats wrong with it? I am currently on suboxone and it has been a hard transition, but to the alternative it is the much better answer to the problem.

I had a counselor say that to me, if you can take suboxone everyday for the rest of your life and live a meaningful life whats wrong with it? I am currently on suboxone and it has been a hard transition, but to the alternative it is the much better answer to the problem.

My sub doctor has the same logic, I guess time will tell how I feel about that. What was your starting dose if you don't mind me asking and what are you at now for your dose?

Like I had said earlier, I started on 4 mg this morning and 4 MG this afternoon but I kind of been cramping up in the legs a bit and mind racing a bit. so I think tomorrow I might up it by another 4 MGs for a total of 12 MGs

I have found lower doses make me feel better for whatever reason, I now take 4 or 8 mg a day and no more and feel better than with a higher dose, but if you feel you are still withdrawaling I would take more

I think you should stick to the 8mg a day max if your feeling better there is no reason to up the dose...

I stabilized on 8mg a day from a 180mg a day oxy habit and felt great. Then I started reducing the daily dose very slowly til I got down to a crumb of a 2mg subutex a day, seriously like .1 mg a day and jumped off with ZERO withdrawal...relapsed hard a couple years later but that's a different story

I think you should stick to the 8mg a day max if your feeling better there is no reason to up the dose...

I stabilized on 8mg a day from a 180mg a day oxy habit and felt great. Then I started reducing the daily dose very slowly til I got down to a crumb of a 2mg subutex a day, seriously like .1 mg a day and jumped off with ZERO withdrawal...relapsed hard a couple years later but that's a different story

Here I am waiting at the clinic and I feel my best option will be 8mg once instead of titration thru the day, and if absolutely needed I could take another 4 mg this afternoon, IF NEEDED , what's your thoughts

I would not go over 8 mg a day..if anything i would think about 4mg in morn and 2mg in evening.less is more with subs

You should really try and split it into two equal doses, 4 and 4. Very importantly, don't equate not withdrawaling, being stabilized with being high...the point is not to get high it's to not withdraw so that you can very slowly taper and get off drugs completely...

I could never taper with oxy...like never, I don't have it in me, but with subs I was able to taper because I wasn't looking to get high. Also excersize is super important, I did p90x while I tapered off and it was yuge.

I would not go over 8 mg a day..if anything i would think about 4mg in morn and 2mg in evening.less is more with subs[/QUOTE

Unfortunately I was using approximately 400 to 500 mg of Oxy per day the 8 mg did not hold me over the full 24 hours, I did end up doubling my dose to 16 mg yesterday morning, but I'm not going to lie you guys it did get me high as fuck, today when I took the 16 it did not do the same affects that yesterday and I just feel at ease, I don't know if I should tell my sub doctor about the first day I did the 16,or just get towards dropping down to eat per day now that it is so in my system, I'm so sorry about the great big red but I am using a voice app because I smashed the iphone today and it will not let me text properly thanks again you guys

Another quick question you guys, why is it that I only ever heard about these Suboxone strips, but when I started the Suboxone all I got was pills, they are great big white pills, I'm not too sure about the Stillman it because I've never seen them But it sure sounds like the film that would work better in not having so much saliva from the pills? It just what's your mouth with saliva that you feel like you need to swallow constantly, are the strips like that too?

I might have just answered my own question is subutex t the strips and Suboxone pills because of the Nelaxone?

Yea it sounds like you have subutex.

I've been on suboxone and generic bupe but they we're always orange strips and pills. Subutex was always white. And yes the difference is suboxone has nalaxone in it. IMO the name brand suboxone strips are better because they dissolve quicker and BA seems to be better.

Honestly I don't think anyone ever needs more than 8mg a day but induction can be tricky. The other factor as you noted is absorption.. There are many factors in how much bupe you actually absorb.

I'm The type of person who would keep the sub in my mouth for 45 mins. To get the absolute most out of it. But you never really know how much you are getting.

If you take an 8mg pill and keep it in your mouth for 20 mind without swallowing you might only be getting 5mg of bupe. Maybe less.

Holy sh*t lol I don't think there's any way I could keep an 8 under there for 20 mins these things create ALOT of saliva and yes orange flavours- I believe I am getting subuxone not subutex

It's almost like ya gotta swallow as they dissolve cuz they make that much fluid but maybe I'm getting some generic shit subs or sum thing ?

They work good either way but don't really dissolve like other subinfuals I've had but these are big and i suppose I Am Taking 2 8's so it is ALOT of saliva