Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

my first trip report first time with Kava

skitsofrantik75

Bluelighter
I didn't fill in the title of my thread exactly right: (Kava/ 6 Tablespoons)- absolute first time user- I now know why Hawaiians are so laid back

ordered some kava and got it in. Went and got my blender and opened the package of Kava. From Here on its a play by play of sorts.

I opened the bag of Kava and smelled it, it smells like dirt...honestly very earthy smell.

Found the recipe I wanted to try:

6 tablespoons of Kava
1 cup of chocolate milk
2 cups of spring water (I don't recommend adding the water) maybe you have to maybe you don't??
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
a sprig of mint( optional)
a little ginger ( optional)

Blend for a few seconds to get the ingredients mixed and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes
add the mint and the ginger

Blend for 5 more minutes.

This part is very important don't be a retard ( like me) and not strain it. I know duh...but the recipe said you could or couldn't, up to the user. I didn't and its rough you have to spit for 5 minutes getting all the granules out of your mouth.

1:00 Drank the kava on pretty much an empty stomach
Tongue goes numb instantly
T+10 starting to feel the effects
T+20 full tilt
T+30 the rush is coming in waves.
T+1 1/2 still getting wave after wave of euphoria
T+45 the waves are still coming but slowing down some
T+15 waves have pretty much subsided down I just want to stretch out on the couch
I stretch out on the couch and pull a blanket over me and omg it felt soo good, I cant explain how good it felt to lay down but even more so to pull the blanket over me. This is abut 4:30 and im watching sons of anarchy on Netflix and I completely slept through one whole episode and about 15 minutes of the next. So that puts us in the neighborhood of 6:00 pm I wake up. After having the best sleep I think Ive ever had in my life.
I guess my whole ride before crashing was about 3 or 3 1/2 hoursish.
The whole rest of the evening I was so mellow I mean really mellow. I finally crashed about 1:00 a.m this morning.

This is the best I can remember of my ride. And like the title said my first trip report and my first time with kava, it is something anybody should try at least once, and probably a second time to make sure you do or don't like it. My theory is the first time you try it youll probably like it.

It is a great plant and has wonderful potential as a muscle relaxant, antidepressant and speaking of which I am considering going off the antidepressant im on now and switching to kava for my depression and anxiety needs.

Anyone have any question all ya gotta do is ask. Ill help the best I can

Peace

Last edited:
interesting that you got such intense effects from it. i tried it a few times, when it was still available in the pharmacies in the eu. maybe the fresh stuff you ordered was of higher quality? i always just felt a very mild high from similar doses you describe - but chewed and eventually swalled the cut up root itself. the most intense thing i noticed certainly was the numbing of the mouth.

Intense is good way to describe it. I have done it a couple more times since with less of a dosage and had very similar albeit less intense effects. You should give it another chance. Yeas the stuff I have is very fresh so I'm sure that helps. I also think it helps to have a fat source such as milk for the kavalactones to bind to.