• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My First Tramadol Experience

MickSThompson

Greenlighter
Was prescribed tramadol by my doctor yesterday for hip pain that I was been experiencing lately. I was really hoping for percocets or oxys, and when I asked him about those he declined to prescribed them, which I thought was weird because right after that he told me to be careful with the Tramadol because it can be very addicting.

I took my meds home and started to read up on them online and found Bluelight, so I read a few threads about the drug and thought I would post my experiences as well. The doctor gave me 50mg tabs, and the label says to take one every twelve hours. After reading some user experiencing I decided to experiment with a dose of 100mg my first time. After an hour I felt like I was coming up on percocet or oxys. The feeling was neat, but not strong enough for my taste, so two hours after ingesting 100mg I ingested 100mg more. 200mg seemed to be the ticket for me, and I felt like I was nice and doped up on some percocets, but there was no real plateau feeling at all which was actually kind of nice. It just felt like I was constantly going up. After a few more hours I took another 100mg and felt the feeling intensify only a little. In the end, I ended up taking 400mg and ended there so as not to go over the seizure threshold.

The feeling from the entire experience was pretty awesome. I felt an awesome body high which lasted all day and night, that made me feel like I was gliding across my floor rather than walking. Intense bursts of creativity and nearly myopic focus on all of my tasks made writing and house chores seem fun and way more interesting. And lets not forget the overwhelming feeling of love and joy that I had for everyone and everything the entire time. I ended the night playing Civilization V until about 2am when I started to nod off.

THE AFTER MATH....

I woke up this morning feeling the normal grogginess that one experiences the morning after ingesting percocets or oxys, but once I stood up to use the bathroom I felt the worse pain I have ever had. A head ache worse than the worse drinking hang over you could possibly imagine! I was incapacitated, even threw up because the pain was so much. I was in bed for hours until I felt better. Has that happened to anyone else? Is there a way to counter act that terrible head ache in the morning?

Never got such a bad headache from it. I'm actually going to have Tramacet after my surgery next week.

Some Tylenol should have helped?

The headache may have been unrelated, I've never had one on tramadol, but I suppose different people have different reactions. Tramadol is a great opioid since it lasts so long. It's great that you are knowledgable about the seizure danger, be sure not to go over 400mg in a day.

I've found the best way to dose tramadol is in 50 or 100mg increments 30-45 minutes apart from each other. Apparently tramadol is better metabolized the more that is in your system, the more you take the more effective the next dose is. Your tolerance sounds low, I'd recommend taking 50mg initially, then take another 50mg 45 minutes later, after that take 50 mg every 30 minutes until you are at your desired dose. This strategy worked very well for me, the buzz would easily last 10-12 hours and would sometimes carry over into the next day. The carryover effect would be very helpful for getting me up in the morning, which I'm normally terrible at.

Just be weary of your dose and tolerance, the negatives of tramadol are not fun. On top of the seizure risk tramadol overdoses are extremely uncomfortable. Besides the risk of seizures with overdoses tram can also cause extreme shakiness, hot and cold flashes, violent vomiting, dysphoria, and a really wicked hangover far worse than an alcohol hangover. I've been lucky enough never to have had a seizure and only have had 2 overdoses caused by stupidity. Dont think the seizures can never happen to you, if you find yourself needing more than 400mg per day either take an anticonvulsant with it or stop until your tolerance go down.

Thanks for the info! I like to read up on my pharms before experimenting or getting recreational. When I was younger I took a pill some asshat gave me. Told me it was percocet, and I was stupid enough to take it without actually finding out what it was. Turned out to be seroquil and it majorly messed up my mind. So I always check the numbers on the pills and look them up. The internet is awesome.

I never thought I had a low tolerence, but perhaps I've been mistaken. My brother in law has a bad knee and wasn't able to get to the doc for a script refill on his percs for a week. He was in a lot of pain so I gave him 200mg of tram. He took it all at once and the next morning he told me he felt absolutely nothing from the meds. He was taking percs for a while though, and the last time I had any pain meds from the doc was like nearly a year ago.

I've actually had withdrawls from vicodin once...lasted nearly an entire month, it was terrible. So I'm pretty careful with my opiates/opioids. I really like them, but I understand how much they can fuck me up, so I like to stagger my usage.

Has anyone else tried tram? I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the major head ache I had.

Yo. I take tramacet for trauma pain (I was shot in the face in May). I was on dilaudid then Tylenol 3 (which is weak as shit, give me the percs!!) Anyways. The tramacet seems to be a decent enough painkiller..I'm still I'm constant pain but it takes the edge off. Because of being on dilaudid (hydromorphone) for so long I've got a very high tolerance to opioids, but the third day I took my meds instead of two at a time, I took all I had for the day. It only ended up being 225mg but to my pleasant surprise I was tripping hard. I felt really good but didn't realise how high I was until I got out of bed and tried talking..I was sluring and falling over. Anyways, I'm going to try and deal with my pain so I can take all them at once and try that same high. Never got that headache though , granted I'm on a mixture of 6 painkillers I take throughout the day

If you get that headache reaction from tramadol definitely don't take that dose again, stick to 200mg at most. A tramadol hangover is absolutely brutal with the pounding headache and nausea. Tramadol is nice since it has such a long half life that you don't have to redose and if taken late at night will actually give a nice afterglow in the morning, assuming you don't overconsume.

Edit: didn't realize this thread was over a year old