• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

My first test, please help interpret the results. Thanks.

wingroller

Greenlighter
Hi all, this is my first post and my first reagent testing. I have capsules and Pumas. I was concerned about the capsules' contents and purchased the Mandelin test in summer 2013. The Pumas were obtained summer 2012 in the east coast. The capsules were obtained summer 2013 in the east coast.

Before we look at the results, I performed a sugar and aspirin test because I'm not sure if the Mandelin test expired. The sugar test turned brown to black, even though the color chart said the test should yield no color change. Seems like my Mandelin expired...should I trash my results? Please see pics below.

Sugar:

Sugar, Aspirin:
Asprin turned greenish, as indicated by color chart (if Mandelin test didn't expire).

Puma:
I suspect the Pumas were adulterated with amphetamines, which was indicated by the Mandelin test (if it didn't expire).

Capsule Movie:
There was immediate fizzling, hint of black beneath the yellow bubbles, which then settled to dark brown. What is this (if my Mandelin didn't expire)?

Capsule:

Comments? Thanks for reading and sharing your wisdom =).

Last edited:
bump, sorry, I'm looking for a response before a festival weekend. Is sugar supposed to turn brown then black with a Mandelin test? Thanks!

Last edited:
both samples look awful. my guess: both not E. But the dropper bit of your reagent bottle doesn't look too good too.
Another thing: testing on plastic spoons is not advised. Do the test on a plate, the plastic also reacts to the reagents.