View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My First Experience of a Timeless Reality - DMT

1200ug

Greenlighter
I can honestly say, that is the most profound experience of my life. For those of you who do not want to read this, simply don't, but for those who do, let your eyes continue flowing down the page.

I was not looking for the divine, or trying to get anything answered, I went into the experience with an open mind and I was feeling a little apprehensive as it was my first time. I am mentally stable and have no experience of previous psychotic events or anything like that. I have used psychedelics a handful of times, with mushrooms and LSD being the most frequent. It started within 20 seconds or so, and the whole 2 liter was done in one hit.

I do not know the dose as it was eyeballed but I would imagine somewhere around the 30mg mark. It is so hard to actually write this as I cant fully remember what happened as I was no longer myself and my thoughts are totally scattered since coming back to this reality. Those who have done it will understand, and those who have not will need to try it to understand. I cant compare the effect to anything in this reality. I was hesitant to go in complete blackness as I was on my own, and admittedly apprehensive about my first time. I don't recall hearing any noise as is so commonly associated with the onset. I had vibrating visuals and remember looking at my remote with the most intense OEV I have ever had.

Then as time ticked, my whole vision was engulfed with blackness and as I tried to maintain a visual foothold in this reality I slipped into what can only be described as a different dimension for lack of vocabulary. While I was here, time did not exist and I remember trying to think or remember what time actually was. But it didn't matter that time did not exist, for if time does not exist then life is eternal. Before the blackness engulfed my vision, I remember looking at my swivel office chair and it was suddenly some Mayan/Aztec warrior face, like the kind the Crash Bandicoot has following himself as he navigates his world.

Fast forward what seemed like an eternity, but in reality was only a few minutes, and my mind is back in my body, still with strong OEV similar to mushrooms, I can say that I am truly a happy person and that I have been able to share this wonderful experience with all those who experienced it before me. I take my hat off to the ancient civilizations that discovered this incredible secret! I have found my new medicine of choice. The only after effects I have felt, which are not profoundly positive are the inside of my mouth feels totally strange, like mildly burnt.

Last edited:
Totally want to try DMT. Was put off for a long time due to the few times I tried hallucinogens when I was younger and having really bad trips. Older and more comfortable in my own skin and brain I feel a bit more ready for this. I've chatted to a few people who have used it, their experiences vary, some are able to really eloquently explain what they experienced. Others just can say that it was really profound experience.

DMT is crazy, you described it pretty well, though my own experiences have been a bit different. Sounds like it wasn't a complete breakthrough either, but pretty far in.

I really want to try DMT too. Since I don't know much about it I am a little confused by you saying 1 litre. Was it a liquid? I've only heard of it being smoked.

I assumed he meant he had a bong or something and there was a liter of smoke. Like maybe a bong made out of a 1-liter bottle or something. I could be wrong though.

I have wanted to try it for quite some time, after initially stumbling across the Spirit Molecule on YT, and then reading the book.

It's strange as I find describing things in general extremely hard, never mind the most indescribable experience of my life.

Yes I made one of the the rudimentary bottles with tin foil at the bottom (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/661304-Smoking-DMT-the-Bottle-method) and my mistake, it was not a 1 liter bottle but a 2 liter bottle. I strongly advise you to try and source some DMT from wherever tickles your fancy as you will not look back!

Sounds wonderful, man. It's amazing stuff.

It sounds like once you we're fully "in" you were in a relatively empty space? Did you notice any CEV's at that point? The only time I've been in complete blackness was when I did a bit too much and basically blacked out with no memory, otherwise it's been rich with swirling, kaleidoscopic patterns. Just curious as to your dose.

Happy travelling.

I have re-dosed tonight and definitely feel that it is a drug which demands huge respect and not one that can be taken lightly or recreationally. I have now cemented my understanding that set and setting do play a large role in the effect. [br] Space did not really exist where I was, it was a strange limbo land so to speak. Nothing from where we are usually existed or made sense where I was. I was in eden or bliss! Tonight I could not reach that space again, although had extremely strong OEV. I did not close my eyes, but I think if you need to close your eyes then the dose is not high enough? I have not done it anywhere near enough to call myself even slightly experienced so that may be open to interpretation. Does your mouth feel strange afterwards? Maybe it's my ROI but my whole mouth feels like its on fire, or I have eaten some stinging nettles for 30 minutes or so afterwards?

Last edited:
I really should get an accurate pair of scales, and also figure out how to do new paragraphs. I press enter and format my post correct but once it is posted, it just takes away the formatting and clumps it as one bunch of text!

DMT base is fairly caustic and can make your mouth/lips burn after smoking...you're probably getting your DMT a little too hot.

dmt

DMT base is fairly caustic and can make your mouth/lips burn after smoking...you're probably getting your DMT a little too hot.
I wouldn't consider my experience with the drug life changing as I have exparamented with it several times psycodelics are my favorate class of drugs I have had one bad trip it was when I mixed shrooms and Lsd anyway I was in a small room with about 4 friends we each had 50mg of dmt that we smoked using a meth pipe with in my book is the most effective (word to the not so wise dmt...stinks somethin fearce this was about a year ago this room still reaks of this very distincitive odor) I remember my trip quit clearly tho I boiled the powder untill it vaporized and to get the full effect you have to hold it in untill it compleatly disapates in your body... Soon after I felt a hot sinsation in between my face and skull from there I was literally and figuritivly beside my self as I closed my eyes and a total darkness and absolute silence welled over me,then, vivid intracate lines and shapes of vibrant colors concentrated into a ball just in front of my feild of vition from there it was as if all the small thoughts that roll threw your head threw out the day were morfing into each other fusing and shifting I remember spasificly the neck of a guitar turning into a bike tire transforming into a bird and flying away as I opened my eyes to a hole new world inside this experience where a poster beckoned me to join them and the yellow fleresent lighting seemlisly changed to reds greens blues it was a extravagent 15 minutes before I slowly came to as I was reaching for a hand that wasn't there this drug verys from person to person and generally goes along with the kind of dreamer you are *if you commonly have nightmares this is not the drug for you* if you forget your dreams you will forget your trip this chance to try an amazing drug didn't change my life but it was my first trip and it opened me up to trying shrooms acid Mdma witch did give that life changing reality shadering exceptence of mortality we all so despratly desire.

Hey welcome to the forum, please use interpunction (mainly the enter key) next time to make it more readable. thank you.

Welcome to who you really are....

Infinite divine awareness that is the creator of this universe and many others

Great read. I experienced your trip vicariously through your post as if it was my first time using DMT. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to experience it.
With my experiences and from the personal accounts of others, I have discovered a recurring theme with the use of DMT: the illusion of time is made more apparent.