View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My first DXM trip

Dammitbobby

Greenlighter
Okay, so the other day I decided to try DXM for the first time. I went to Walmart and got Robitussin cold and cough maximum strength DM night time syrup. 30mg of DXM per 20ml of syrup. The bottle was 237ml altogether, and I chugged it. So if I did the math correctly I took about 360mg of DXM. I weight 155lbs. Holy smokes was I in for the craziest trip I've ever had on anything. I find it unbelievable how hard I tripped because all of the posts I read a 300mg trip isn't sh**, and people take over 1000 in instances. Anyways, let me go on to explain what happened.

I get home at 10 pm on the dot. I chug the entire bottle. About 30 minutes in I started feeling drowsy, so I drank a huge red bull. About an hour in, I start feeling pretty drunk. I have the tumbles and lightheadedness, but I enjoy it. The euphoria then sets in about 10 to 20 minutes later. At about midnight, something hits me light a brick wall. All of the sudden, the tv is swirling and I can't read, and paranoia settles in. At this point I'm tripping balls. I think everyone is out to get me. I had to grab the bottle and the box and take it to the trash bin a block away and throw it in there cause I though people were spying on me and I was gonna go to jail for it. I do not remember the walk back to my place. Next thing I remember is sitting in my chair with complete and utter fear as I can't comprehend anything around me. I don't know how to explain it. Every little thought was suddenly too complicated to understand. I start panicking more because I have work the next day at 1 pm. I'm scared I'm gonna go into a coma. So I spent 20 minutes sending my buddy a text "check on me in the morning" just to make sure I'm okay. Then at about 1:30 in the morning, I become paralysed and stuck in a paradox of my own thought. Still trying to comprehend even the simplest of things, like how a chair works. It was terrifying me. Time itself was inconceivable. I spent what felt like hours watching my clock click from 1:34 to 1:35, all while still stuck in this warp of horrid thoughts. At about 2 I gain just enough strength to fall into my bed. I think to myself the only way I'm going to live is if I sleep it off. My body stayed still but it felt like I was doing twists and turns. Not like the drunk spins, but something much worse. Finally at 1 pm the next day I awake. Completely covered in poop. Crapped the bed in my sleep. Even over 14 hours after I took the only dose, I was still coming down. I still couldn't think straight and everything seemed so unreal. I showed up at work late as hell. It didn't completely wear off until about 7 or 8 pm that night.

I guess I'm asking the community what exactly happened. I re did the math. Definitely took 360mg's, the only other active ingredient was doxylamine, which after doing research was completely harmless at the dose I took of 150mgs. What plateau did I reach? It felt way beyond what people say they experience from a 2nd or 3rd. May I say I hit plat sigma? With that small of a dose, all at once?

350 mg is enough in my experience to have complete OBEs and get stuck in time as you describe.

Also there are some that have a metabolic mutation that makes dxm ultra potent compared to a normal person.

Judging by the length of effects it does indeed sound like you have the enzyme deficiency of metabolizing the dxm. The intensity sounds about right for the dose as a first time experience as far as comparing it to my first time dose; which was the same as yours.

I had an OBE that trip just love me LucidSDreamr said is possible.

Now it takes me 700+ mg to get anywhere near a dissociative "hole" type experience even after months and months in between experiences.

The only substance I've ever tried and hated. I can't remember my dose, something around the third plateau dose.

All it did was make me extremely sleepy, dysphoria, and a bad case of vomiting and diarrhoea for 2 days. Very uncomfortable. I must have the enzyme deficiency the other posters mentioned.

Also I didn't feel like I was tripping, which was the whole point.