View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My first candyflip and the hell I relive

synthryder

Greenlighter
In early February, a friend of mine and I went to a show (a popular jam band) and I took about 4 tabs while he took one. He was anxiety ridden from one hit while I was perfectly functional (aside from vomiting, which happens because I am more vulnerable to high serotonin levels). My friend acquired some Molly for the show and I planned to candyflip for the first time that night. My friend tried it with a microdose earlier in the week and said positive things about it, so I followed suit.

I smoked 2-4 bowls before taking the tabs (to help with the nausea) and was off. I took the Molly some 4.5 hours into the trip. To that point, I was fine and functional aside from vomiting. After about an hour I didn't notice anything and left the show to get food nearby while the opening acts closed up and the main performers set up. I ran back to the show from where I was and as soon as I got inside things went crazy.

The two drugs were now in full swing interacting and my visuals went nuts. Everything because blurry and things around me warped and distorted. I told me friend what was happening in a panic and ran for the bathroom, where I spent 20 minutes locked in a stall trying to throw up (in my mind, I may have felt better). Eventually I calmed down enough to exit but didn't return to the crowd out of fear that I would have another panic attack. After a while my friend found me where I was and we caught up. The intensity of the flip had gone down and the show resumed as it did hours before.

The one positive thing I will attribute to the experience is the fact that I was able to fall asleep in a reasonable time and didn't feel as "hungover" the next day. The experience has stuck with me, however. Some days I replay the panic I felt in that moment of wanting it all to stop and willing to do anything to make it stop over and over. Most strikingly of all, I sometimes relive it. I will feel the need to vomit, followed by heavy breathing, a panicked need to leave where I am, and end up in a bathroom stall clutching the walls as I did that night, lost in my empty thoughts.

I'm pretty sure this sin't PTSD or anything like that. I also don't think its a panic attack either, I simply relive how I felt in a more calm fashion. What is interesting is that what triggers it is always nausea, followed by heavy breathing and a need to escape. I don't know how long this will persist. I have had a formal "reenactment" about 2-3 times since the show. As a psychology student, I try to analyze the things that happened that night, and wonder how everything came into play. Part of me is curious and wants to try it again, but for the most part I will avoid candyflipping in the future. Concerts are fun on drugs but I will not be combining the two for the foreseeable future.

Your panic attack came from two mistakes. Trying a new combo at a public event and dosing too high. When trying new psychedelics, and especially combo's, always choose a safe setting (like your own home). And always dose low. A single tab with no more than 100 mg of molly for your first try. You can always try more next time. Slowly work your way up. There is a strong synergy between LSD and MDMA.