Lost My father died

Lucy20

Ex-Bluelighter
I lost the only person I had yesterday and the pain is almost too much to bear.
Hug and tell people you love them as often as you can because life could end at any time.
Your suffering is over dad and no matter what I love you and will miss you more than you know 💔

I'm very very sorry lucy, my sincere condoleances, I'm here for you, just PM'ed you, let's digest this for a second, i've been in your situation, I don't have words to say , paradoxally , since I'm a writer, but I know that nothing I would say right now will minimise the pain you are feeling.

we are here for you, much love lucy, and again RIP for him and sincer condoleances, we'll go through this togheter, just for now let it all out, don't be afraid to cry, to scream, anything that can help you.

try to think of the best moments you had, do something he loved in his honor, don't blame anyone, it's the course of nature, if religion really exists, one day you'll meet, but as soul exists, you can meet everyday.

much love

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost the only person I had yesterday and the pain is almost too much to bear.
Hug and tell people you love them as often as you can because life could end at any time.
Your suffering is over dad and no matter what I love you and will miss you more than you know 💔

Sorry for your loss, Lucy. Congrats to your Dad on raising such a good daughter. Keep him alive in your memories. <3

Massive condolences - losing a parent is one of the most devastating feelings imaginable

<3

All that can really be said is...don't reject your grief or ever think that it won't get better. You have to go through the grieving process....no drugs will help...nothing will truly help apart from going through it - it might take a couple of years, who knows.

We never truly "get over" it, we just integrate it, eventually, into the 'new normal'.

Am a bit of a "loss" expert unfortunately. Should you ever wish to chat, feel free to pm

So sorry for your loss, at least his suffering has ended. Try to be strong like he'd want you to be. He can still live on in your memory.

WIsh I could hug my mom today after reading this. I need to work on communicating my love for my family.

Awww, I'm really sorry Lucy. I have no idea what it's like to lose a parent, but please don't let this put you on a self-destructive path. From what I've seen of you here, I love you dearly. Please keep going in the right direction. Everything will get better for you. *HUGS* 💓

I’m so sorry Lucy.
My sincere condolences and love go out to you.

I lost my dad recently too. I know how heartbroken you are. I can tell by your words that you and your dad have a lot of love for one another just like my dad and I.
The last thing I told my dad was that “we are always together.”
I have come to know that we are truly always together over these past few years without him.
I see him in me and feel him.
We will be reunited one day. Don’t you worry.

Big hugs.
❤️

Thank you everyone, I'm doing as good as can be expected. Feels like a vice grip on my chest and my body just feels weak
I haven't used surprisingly enough, well benzos to try to knock me out but as tempting as it is im not shooting heroin
Thank you all for your kind words and sorry I don't have much to say, i just want you all to know how much I appreciate you all, great bunch of people on a drug forum and were the degenerates? Don't think so

So sorry Lucy. I lost mine when I was 19. I can still remember that drowning raw pain feeling that seems like it'll never end decades later. I hope you have some IRL folks around who can offer some comfort and support. Take care ❤

Am so sorry for your loss, Lucy. I have lost many loved one's & know that chest-pain you mentioned.
I think how PO mentioned that when you lose someone so loved; through the processing of grief, you eventually, integrate them into your very being, so they are always a part of you - it's been my experience too, anyway. Probably cold comfort for you, at the moment but the pain will be bearable, eventually.

I saw you posting about how much care you gave to your father. I hope you maintain all the support you need at the moment, and be gentle with yourself. ❤️

So sorry, Lucy... I hope you're doing alright. I lost my father earlier this year. It was horrible, actually in my case when he finally died it was a blessing (for him and therefore, for us) because he was suffering terribly for years. Still, it was awful. I also still have the rest of my family. I can't imagine if he had been my only loved one. But watching him suffer for years and become a shell of his former self kind of broke me.

So sorry. ❤