• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My experiences tripping....your insight??

BenzosBudOrBooty

Bluelighter
I was 18 when I started smoking weed and drinking for the first time. I feel I suffered from depersonalization before this...an anxiety disorder. Then I was self-medicating it with drugs and alcohol. 19 I tried acid and fell in love with miss lucy. Tripped almost 10 times in a span of 3 months before I had a nightmarish trip. It's like I was re-born, but for some reason I embraced it and was happy it happened, because it was better than not understanding anything about life. Even though it caused me all kinds of anxiety and anger and sent me to the ER and psych ward eventually (Well I think wellbutrin was the main reason I was sent to the ER and psych ward), I was still happy about the insight I gained. I took 3 years off from hallucinogens before I started doing shrooms a lot, and acid some more. Even DMT once or twice (never broke through though) and mescaline once. Where I found greater insight. Now I'm almost 11 months without tripping, and barely have even drank since July or smoked weed and I've gained soooo much insight. I feel the long term effects of tripping have caused me to gain insight and will continue to.

I've kind of abused psychs in the past but have learned a lot in that regard in sobriety and feel like one day I can use hallucinogens again in moderation. Hope to try ayahausca and more of the same.

But if it weren't for me trying these drugs I would have been stuck in depersonalization forever. I don't claim to be any genius who figures out the metaphysical background of the universe from these drugs....it's just cured my depersonalization. I am now "here". Which I wasn't before I started self-medicating with hallucinogens. Can anyone relate to my experiences that hallucinogens brought you "here". That "this is life". The sky, the moon, the stars, the earth, nature, the forest, even the city. That all is what constitutes our perceived reality. Which I didn't have the insight before because of my depersonalization. Or am I very unique in this????? Or not at all???? I'm guessing I'm not, but I feel I may be somewhat unique???? As I brought no insight to the table before I ever did drugs. Now I'm just a somewhat "normal guy". Hmmm.

I hope to gain greater insight one day from hallucinogens just feel I'm not ready for it yet as I'm still recovering from my last shrooms trip.

Well that's about all my background. I'm almost 25 now. I regret not smoking weed at 16 and then hallucinogens at 18...I probably would have done them more in moderation if I had smoked weed at 16...and would have "got it" easier and not needed to do them as much, but oh well the past is the past. And I'm content most days. Well that's all I'll say. Peace. Your thoughts?

It's great that psychedelics brought you out of your depressive state of mind.
Psychedelics have changed my outlook on life and personality for the better, even though I only take them for fun. Recently I have become a lot more business-minded and analytical.

As for frequency of usage... that all depends on your personality. A lot of people only trip 3-4 times a year. I've been known to trip 3-4 times a week, and I'm not stingy with my doses either. I don't take my experiences (or myself) too seriously and I don't notice any morning-after effects, so for me there is nothing to 'recover' from after a trip. Everybody is different.

From a neurobiological point of view; LSD, shrooms and DMT are actually easier on your brain and body than cannabis. I'm not slating weed but it is known to cause temporary brain damage when used excessively. I've experienced it a couple of times myself.
Cannabinoids build up in the body because they have ridiculously long half-lives. The psychedelics you mention don't stay in the body for very long at all, especially DMT.

When I was young, I used to do acid and scream at the sky "What is the meaning of life?!" The answer I finally got back was "To Live".

Now I am older and calmly say to the swirling silence "No, seriously now, you giggling bastard."