• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My experience...Cannabis and adderall...looking for input.

zeebee3

Bluelighter
I was a fond smoker of weed for many years and then stopped( along with other more distructive substances). Recently opportunity and curiosity caused me to re evaluate my Cannabis abstinance. However, the outcome was not at all what I expected. Unless this has happened to you it will sound very strange.[I will preface this with the fact that I discovered that I can smoke High thc medical without negative effect after 9 pm. and I have a theory] My journey started with some high cbd/ .3% thc Abacus "flower". I had been using cbd already for over a year and so didnt expect any high from it. Strangely I got an uncomfortable buzz and a really bad headache. As it was legally purchased at a cbd dispensary in a state where pot is not legal... I really wondered why I caught a buzz in the first place. Then one afternoon I take just 2 hits of a high grade medical...For 15 minutes I felt a light lifting...then around the half hour point I was way too high. I could barely move from my chair and I seemed to have lost the ability to swallow or blink..my breathing was loud in my ears. I was inches from a total panic. My past experience(s) taught me how to chill a panic attack but it was a challenge. I could not wait for it to stop and it seemed to last hours. Thinking that two deep bong hits was just too much for my new tolerance level and the high thc of the bud....the next night tried one hit...it was perfect...so I had a few more and then a few more after that...with no issue. Strange but even stranger was the next day...one hit and I was wrecked and anxiety ridden. A week went by and I tried RSO cookies at night. Worked great !! Did that for a week.. Then tried one during the day and had the same intense reaction I had initially with the smoke. AHA...I figured its a medication interaction to something I only used early in the day. So it had to be either the 30mg Prozac or 30 mg Adderall . Adderall more likely as it would be depleted by evening. I started taking just 20mg in the morning and not the 10 at noon and found I could smoke slightly earlier at night. So I would say Addys the culpret. I have tried to research this "Madderall" interaction and there is little reliable info. It appears that a large number of people seek that combo. Let me stress that my experience was mentally/ physically profound !!! I dont care to get into past "drug use"...just know that I am not a newbie. It was not pleasant and my loss of contol was actually dangerous. I know some will probably laugh at my story. Hell...I laugh at it. However, as this is a forum for harm reduction ...I would offer caution to others considering the combo for the first time. Be in a safe place. I would wecome any and all input on this topic.Even if you think my combo theory is wrong. Thanks

I was a fond smoker of weed for many years and then stopped( along with other more distructive substances). Recently opportunity and curiosity caused me to re evaluate my Cannabis abstinance. However, the outcome was not at all what I expected. Unless this has happened to you it will sound very strange.[I will preface this with the fact that I discovered that I can smoke High thc medical without negative effect after 9 pm. and I have a theory] My journey started with some high cbd/ .3% thc Abacus "flower". I had been using cbd already for over a year and so didnt expect any high from it. Strangely I got an uncomfortable buzz and a really bad headache. As it was legally purchased at a cbd dispensary in a state where pot is not legal... I really wondered why I caught a buzz in the first place. Then one afternoon I take just 2 hits of a high grade medical...For 15 minutes I felt a light lifting...then around the half hour point I was way too high. I could barely move from my chair and I seemed to have lost the ability to swallow or blink..my breathing was loud in my ears. I was inches from a total panic. My past experience(s) taught me how to chill a panic attack but it was a challenge. I could not wait for it to stop and it seemed to last hours. Thinking that two deep bong hits was just too much for my new tolerance level and the high thc of the bud....the next night tried one hit...it was perfect...so I had a few more and then a few more after that...with no issue. Strange but even stranger was the next day...one hit and I was wrecked and anxiety ridden. A week went by and I tried RSO cookies at night. Worked great !! Did that for a week.. Then tried one during the day and had the same intense reaction I had initially with the smoke. AHA...I figured its a medication interaction to something I only used early in the day. So it had to be either the 30mg Prozac or 30 mg Adderall . Adderall more likely as it would be depleted by evening. I started taking just 20mg in the morning and not the 10 at noon and found I could smoke slightly earlier at night. So I would say Addys the culpret. I have tried to research this "Madderall" interaction and there is little reliable info. It appears that a large number of people seek that combo. Let me stress that my experience was mentally/ physically profound !!! I dont care to get into past "drug use"...just know that I am not a newbie. It was not pleasant and my loss of contol was actually dangerous. I know some will probably laugh at my story. Hell...I laugh at it. However, as this is a forum for harm reduction ...I would offer caution to others considering the combo for the first time. Be in a safe place. I would wecome any and all input on this topic.Even if you think my combo theory is wrong. Thanks
Based on what you wrote it seems as though you smoked and ate too much herb. Indica herb can make movement difficult as can eating too much herb. Amphetamine or Dexedrine/Adderall can make your mouth dry and cannabis does the same thing. Save smoking or eating herb for when you come down from or are not on Adderall/Dexedrine.

I personally don't like the mixture of weed with stims, it appears that one cancels the another and the middle term of the trip is a strange mindset
Yeah I do not like this combination either. When I was into using drugs I once smoked a hit of some high quality pot I had, and I walked to a local cafe, drank a shot of espresso and it overpowered the high from the herb. I did not have a tolerance to THC either.

Yeah I do not like this combination either. When I was into using drugs I once smoked a hit of some high quality pot I had, and I walked to a local cafe, drank a shot of espresso and it overpowered the high from the herb. I did not have a tolerance to THC either.

Perhaps I have noticed the inverse of what you have said.. I think cannabis increases the coffee's effects, for example, by increasing the induced anxiety ... i simply love coffee, but trying to cut it off since it's giving me unrewarding effects

Yes...with continued trial and error...Adderall and high thc weed with in too short amount of time is the culpret. Interestingly my reponse was not that they cancelled each other but rather that they increased the negatives side effects of each other ×100. Racing heartbeat, panic attack/ anxiety, rapid thinking with slow/ no physical mobility. As PriestTheyCalledHim mentioned it was simular to just being way too high ...but worse..However, it was just two hits that wiped me out with the Adderall and the next night when Adderall was not in my system 6 or 7 hits of the same bud did not even give a hint of coming close to too high. Anyway, it was a suprise to me .And all bodies being a bit unique in their responses to substances...I was curious as to others thoughts. So thanks for the input. I did read two accounts of people having my exact experience ( on a different forum). So it happens.😆

That was my hunch as well, that the anxiety in particular would be exacerbated.

Thanks for the update - be safe.