• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

My Drug Induced Idea for a Gothic Psychedelic/Ethnobotanical Garden

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm on Kratom, Fluro-Phenibut and Adderall right now so felt like sharing this cool idea for a psychedelic/ethnobogtanical garden I've had for years but that I've probably only ever told my brother about.

Just felt like seeing if anyone else thinks this idea is cool.

So I am not only fascinated by psychedelics and drugs but psychedelic plants and ethnobotanicals and also plants of mythological significance like those mentioned in the bible or mythology, and I'm also interested in plants as well, and I also love gothic architecture and those gothic gardens and statues etc, so this idea has always been cool to me, but aside from some of the plants I'd include being illegal, it would be REALLY expensive to do right and be like a life-long project:

So it would be a GIANT crazy garden with all sorts of gothic statues (you know those kinds of "gothic" garden with statues and fountains I'm talking about right??) and all sorts of plants and even music:

You'd have one section of the garden, probably the biggest part, strictly for plants that have psychedelic and/or other drug effects, fungi as well, everything from Datura species to Ayahuasca to Saliva Divinorum and Weed to Kratom to different psychedelic mushrooms and every kind of plant with drug effects you can think of.

This part of the garden would be divided into specific sections containing plants that have drug effects but cannot really be poisonous and have no real mythological significance, to another section with those that are both mind altering and having mythological relevance but are not poisonous at even high doses, to another section with ones that are mind altering but can be poisonous at high doses, and then another section for ones that meet all those criteria: mind altering, sometimes poisonous at high doses, AND those that have mythological or biblical or religious significance.

Then another section of the garden for plants that are not mind altering, but have mythological or religious significance and another section for non-mind altering and non-mythological poisonous plants, so that part of the garden would strictly be for poisonous plants and then also a section for plants that are both poisonous and have mythological significance but are not mind altering.

You can imagine how many hundreds or THOUSANDS of plants the garden could possibly contain in total, between anything mind altering, anything poisonous, or anything with mythological or religious significance, I mean there's no way you could POSSIBLY have HALF the plants that meet that criteria there even if you were a millionaire with enough money, you could never find them all.

The poisonous plants would not be as much the focus though they would be included, and I'd consider the biggest gems in the garden to be those both mind altering and of mythological significance like: Daturas, Salvia Divinorum, Sinicuichi, Amanita Muscaria, etc etc.

The plants would all be labeled as to what they are so you'd know.

Then there would be CRAZY gothic sculptures depicting all kinds of gods from different religions, all the major religions really, and gods and goddesses and demons from all sorts of mythologies and cultures around the world, and the statues would also be labeled as to what they depict, but there could also be statues with no real meaning that are just crazy cool, and GIANT fountains of all kinds and the placement of the different plants would often be next to statues that have some connecting relevance mythologically:

Like you could have an Acacia bush next to a statue of Moses, or an Amanita mushroom next to a statue of Christ, or the various Aztec or Mazotec, Incan or Mayan god statues next to psychedelics those cultures used like Psilocybin Mushrooms, Salvia Divinorum, Sinicuichi the "Sun Opener" or the dream herb Calea Zacatechichi.

And also, one added feature:

In various parts of the garden there would be buttons you could push to play various songs by bands or musicians I like that would come out of hidden speakers in statues and the songs that would play would at least TO ME have some relevant connection most of the time to the psychedelic or mythological plants they are next to and the statues they are next to, but a lot of the time they might just be cool or psychedelic or gothic genre-bands I like or classical music that would go with the general theme.

One example for how I would synchronize mythological plants, statues and music would be like how there's this old myth that the only way you can pick a Mandrake Root without having horrible bad luck befall you is to tie a black dog to the Mandrake Root and have it pull it out of the ground, and then the dog will die, and you have to cover your ears cause the Mandrake Root will scream like a man when pulled from the ground.

And I LOVE King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, so I'd have a statue of a black dog with a rope or chain tied to a Mandrake Root that is actually growing in the garden, and then next to the statue would be a speaker with a button you could press to play the song "Mandrake Root" by Mercyful Fate.

Here's the song in mind, where King Diamond describes this myth from 3:00--3:45 if you want to hear:
https://youtu.be/T-oKw8U8KYE

Bands/musicians I like that would play through speakers in the garden to give what I would consider the proper atmosphere would include:

Type O Negative
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Celtic Frost
Hellhammer
Christian Death
Bach
Beetoven
Mozart
Black Sabbath
Pentagram
Bedemon
Joy Division
Bauhaus
Sisters of Mercy
The Mission U.K.

And plenty more (as you can see I'm kind of a metal head into goth music too).

And there'd be WAY too many plants to mention that I'd have, but here are just a few that would be in the garden in different areas:

Mandrake Root
Belladonna
Hemlock
Henbane
Salvia Divinorum
The Intoxicating Mint (Lagochilus Inebrians)
Marijuanna
Kratom
Sinicuichi (The Sun Opener)
Calea Zacatechichi (The Dream Herb)
Khat
Kava Kava Root
Acacia Bushes
Elderberry Trees (there's a myth that if you sleep under an elderberry tree you'll never wake up and they have some mythological significance)
Amanita Muscaria/ Fly Agaric Mushrooms
Psilocybin Mushrooms
Lycoperdon Mushrooms (I once heard of these and that they can be psychedelic but never heard of anyone ever taking them)
Foxglove
Morning Glories
Baby Hawaiian Woodrose Trees
Ayahuasca
Psychotria Virdis

And so many more.

I would also include just a few special kinds of animals in the garden (not many at all, just a few) that would give the right atmosphere and also ones that have psychedelic properties.

Like there would be Bufo Alvarious DMT containing toads jumping around in the garden, and any of the weird fish I've heard of that are psychoactive there might small tanks in various parts containing them, and then there would also just be several species of exotic butterflies and a few exotic birds flying around to give it atmosphere.

Then I'd go into the garden and sample the various psychedelic herbs and smoke weed and trip on all the different herbs in the garden while drinking red wine and walking around amongst all the different crazy plants and statues and fountains and push on buttons to play my favorite metal and Goth and Psychedelic music that would go along with the atmosphere and take bong rips and suck from a tank of a perfect mix of 50/50 Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen and trip out on how cool the entire atmphosphre is HAHAHAHA.

There would also be a few screens in various parts that would play crazy images on repeat from various movies that I feel would provide imagery to go along with the atmposphere like Fellini, any movies Salvador Dali made, Maya Deren's 1943 Meshes of the Afternoon, etc and old weird black and white surrealistic/expressionist movies, and a also just a few well placed surrealist or gothic paintings, especially by artists like Heronymous Bosch, placed in certain parts.

The garden would engage every sense from visual, auditory with the music, taste and smell of the psychelic plants in the garden, etc...It would be CRAZY fun to trip in this garden.

So yeah, there's my crazy drug induced artistic psychedelic/ehnobotanical garden idea hahaha.

There's probably only a few people here who would like this idea or understand the kind of aesthetic I'd be going for, but more than a few of you that would probably enjoy wandering into the garden to pick off parts from various psychedelic plants to trip on HAHA.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to grow a few psychoactives like datura, belladonna, weed, poppies, etc.

But damn dude, you're definitely on amphetamines :!

I've always wanted to grow a few psychoactives like datura, belladonna, weed, poppies, etc.

But damn dude, you're definitely on amphetamines :!

Hahaha.

I'm only on a low dose of Adderall, 7.5mgs when I wrote that, and 5mgs now, but I'm on Kratom too, and Kratom also gets me really into that same kind of energetic creative mood, especially with caffeine too.

I could have, and have, written that kind of stuff and much longer posts about crazier stuff on nothing other than Kratom and several cups of coffee.

Both Kratom and Amps make me get energetic and creative and wanting to write long ass posts, actually Kratom more so, and I definitely like Kratom a hell of a lot better.

It's not all edgy and shit like Amps, but it will totally take the edge off of Amps, kind of for me like how alcohol and/or Kratom and/or Phenibut/F-Phenibut takes the edge off of weed for me: otherwise, smoking weed by itself just makes me anxious or negative, but combined with opioids, downers or gabaergics I feel weed's effects blossom.

You may want to grow those psychoactives, but do you at all kind of get the "gothic garden with statues" kind of "aesthetic" that I am going for, along with the mythological plants aspect I'm going for?

It's about a whole lot more than growing the plants, but an entire place that would involve a whole lot of artistic work to achieve.

It would be nearly as much about the accompanying statues, fountains, and overall imagery of the place as the plants themselves.

If you've ever walked around in any of these sorts of gothic gardens or seen these sorts of statues or fountains like I have in various parts of England, Ireland, Rome and Greece, like I have, you will know what I mean.

I'm talking about places that look kind of like these photos: https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-pty-pty_email&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_email

Last edited:
I like the plants and statues idea but the buttons with music seem a little gimmicky to me. It sounds like a really cool idea, probably challenging though considering the different climates in which those plants grow

I like the plants and statues idea but the buttons with music seem a little gimmicky to me. It sounds like a really cool idea, probably challenging though considering the different climates in which those plants grow

Of course the buttons with music would be gimmicky, but FOR ME it would be awesome to have my favorite music play on demand while tripping in the garden haha.

It would be beyond challenging, and not something i could probably ever do.

I mean it would be like the kind of thing that a person could work on their whole life and never finish, and cost god knows how much money between the plants and statues and everything.

It would be MASSIVE.

It's a project no one could ever finish.

I'd settle for a small gothic garden with just a few statues and some of these plants.

I believe sound has an effect on plants. I'd be curious how this kind of environment might influence their growth and the alkaloids and chemicals they produce.
I'm into metal and goth music myself. Throw some industrial noise, death industrial & several poppies into the mix and this would be a garden of heavenly delights for me.