• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My comedowns appear 1 week+ after taking MDMA

mark881

Bluelighter
Initially I'd get a comedown within 3 days of MDMA use. Recently, it has been a week, then 8 days. This one has been 14 days exactly to kick in, after doing 500mg at a club night.

Is there something I should be concerned about in regards the delayed comedown?

Doesn't really make sense. Perhaps you just had a shit day 2 weeks later...?

It really doesn't make sense. I started having them 3 days after, if I got one. Then 5 days. Now it's a standard week. But this time, 2 weeks. I know what serotonin downreg feels like and this is it.

14 days is the general(sometimes less, but when it starts right away) time it takes for your serotonin system to return to normal. this isn't an effect of the MDMA period.

This isn't an effect of the MDMA period.

You can be so sure? Also, the first part of your post is a lie. 2 weeks is when the TPH enzyme (responsible for producing serotonin, shut down by MDMA abuse) STARTS producing more serotonin at two weeks from your last dose, it can take months or even years to get back to "normal" from heavy MDMA abuse. Mark here isn't someone dropping 100mg once every three months.. he goes hard, if you'll excuse the slang lmao. It's going to take someone like him MUCH longer to get back to a baseline level as opposed to a lab patient in a sterile room with the Government's MDMA and every available precaution right at their fingertips.

My latest comedown hardly hit me at all until at least 4 days in, more like a week actually. It's called the "tuesday blues" and not the "saturday blues" for a reason

Last edited:
4-7 days still makes sense(7 days is stretching it, but it's possible if you don't run into a demanding/stressful situation beforehand). feeling it out of nowhere after two weeks however, is a little absurd. you can quote me on the two weeks thing as it's been stated in my many documentaries and papers. obviously i can't be -sure- but i firmly stand by it - not mdma related.

4-7 days still makes sense(7 days is stretching it, but it's possible if you don't run into a demanding/stressful situation beforehand). feeling it out of nowhere after two weeks however, is a little absurd. you can quote me on the two weeks thing as it's been stated in my many documentaries and papers. obviously i can't be -sure- but i firmly stand by it - not mdma related.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Anything within a week is plausible (although still unlikely), but 2 weeks just seems unrelated.

My latest comedown hardly hit me at all until at least 4 days in, more like a week actually. It's called the "tuesday blues" and not the "saturday blues" for a reason
Basically this.
I'm usually never depressed the next day or two, only tired.
The depression definitely hits late

You can be so sure? Also, the first part of your post is a lie. 2 weeks is when the TPH enzyme (responsible for producing serotonin, shut down by MDMA abuse) STARTS producing more serotonin at two weeks from your last dose, it can take months or even years to get back to "normal" from heavy MDMA abuse. Mark here isn't someone dropping 100mg once every three months.. he goes hard, if you'll excuse the slang lmao. It's going to take someone like him MUCH longer to get back to a baseline level as opposed to a lab patient in a sterile room with the Government's MDMA and every available precaution right at their fingertips.

x2 delayed comedowns are common

Are you guys all seriously suggesting that a comedown 2 weeks later is common? I've never heard of it before.

^ :)

I agree 100% JWills, OP I'm trying to think how you came to this decision, not berating you, absolutely anything could have happened in that two weeks that could cause a psychological snap of any kind, underlying/aggressive/whizz bang theoretical guessing.

I'm just hoping you had a bad day and no real comedown/damage of any form happened and everything's going to be alright.