• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My codeine suddenly stopped effected me mid way across the trip

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I don't know what it is but I took my normal dose of codeine and it came on within 10-20 minutes nodded out for a bit (no more than 20-30 min tops) then went downstairs however I noticed that all my effects (warm feeling, euphoria all that stuff), suddenly disappeared as I walked out of my room I don't feel bad exactly not good but this is annoying because I don't want to take anymore codeine just yet however as I posted I came down with some sort of virus and have been recovering the last 2 days I threw up a lot to and I can feel my throats surface is a bit rough from all the vomiting I'm going to try eating something as sometimes that brings the effects back but first I'm gonna drink some extra water to rehydrate I will report back soon.

The words high may have been used in this post this does not however reflect wanting more to get high rather to stay medicated and enquire about my medications suddenly not working the word high would probably be better put with 'medicated' as that is what they are there for to help me cope with a nasty nerve pain disorder.

Hard to say mate. Could be due to your illness, or could be due to your tolerance suddenly stepping up a notch. This happens with opiates - then you get into ever increasing doses with ever diminishing returns. If this is the case, you'll be tempted to move onto stronger opiates, then more efficient ROAs. Before you know it you're banging smack multiple times a day and still not getting anywhere.

You say you're using codeine for a nerve pain disorder? Opiates/opioids are not generally considered to be very effective for treating neuropathic pain. Perhaps you could discuss different treatment methods with your doctor?

I don't think it was tolerance could I had a day or two break plus the high was increasing and increasing them just stopped no gradual comedown or anything and this isn't normal, at least for me that's what I'm tryna say

I have just had 30 miligram cocodomal my my roommate came through with 8 cocodomals I still feel pretty run down from being I'll I defo had an infection I can't even have any sound on because d my ears are sore my left eye also hurts at the back and is tender to touch I might take another 120mg codeine and see what happens