My Belief and theory on the right way to get of Heroin with Suboxone

feelingsick

Greenlighter
I want to start a new thread. I know many different discussion have been made on this subject but a little about my background might give me a little bit of cred in approaching this subject. I am not a doctor and am not giving any medical advise on how you handle your recovery, drug use and all other medicines. But in the 70s and 80s I was a very heavy drinker and pot and cocaine user. I was fortunate after I saw my dad get sober to mid 80s to seek help and I am an alcoholic and was able to sober up and stay off all drugs and booze till late 1999. But after 13 yeas of being sober I got in a bad car wreck on the job in a workman's comp claim. The doctor under my plan in 2000 was on of the pioneers in Texas in the realizing the benefits of running a pain clinic and hyrdocodone 10/750 were big and he prescribed those till Norco 10/325 became popular (less acetaminophen). By 2003 I was getting 160 norcos and 60 40mg Oxycontin a month. I finally realized I had lost my soul and was going insane and reached out to this psychiatrist who go me on suboxone. SO.... This is where I want to start. He started me on 8mg a day and went down from there. It took over 2 years to finally get of that evil drug of the devil called suboxone.
I stayed clean for a few years.. lost a close family member and started doing heroin and got off using suboxone and took over 1.5 years. So after 2010 I thought I would never use again. But I got back into Heroin unfortunately 1 years ago because of the ease of finding stuff on the markets. and wanting to try something. I cannot justify any stupid and INSANE reason for doing it again. But this is for people that do it now and want to get off but are in the low use like me.. A gram would last usually about 5 to 7 days... so I was usually just taking less that 200mg a day (assuming 1000mg = 1g) , This went on for about 6 months and I decided this is it no more. I got 20 pills of the oarnge stop sign suboxone 8mg/2m. But I've read enough and tried enough to know what it does. SO first I waited till I was at least a day and half after last dose of H and was prettry much in WDs... But the first suboxone I took was only just less than 1mg or about .76mg. It did not help much but I was able to make it next day. I took a little more but still not more that 1mg. Also instead of sublingual I pluged it in a water solution.
MY 1st major opinion is doctors ALWAYS start you a higher does than necessary. I also had Valium I took at night to help me sleep. Ok.. so this is not complete rapid withdraw but I worked down to about .3mg after 5 day to once a day and after a week at .2 and one more week at .1 then skipping every other day I stopped and this is about one month after starting the sub. I felt fine and stayed busy. Trust me I still felt shitty the first few days because I did not take larger doses but I was able to get off much quicker. I do not believe Suboxone is good for health at all long term. Now obviously this is going to apply alot more to people like me that were only doing 100 to 200 mg of H a day. Those that bang a gram a day obvioulsy you are in a much different dose. I just believer doctors start you at a much higher dose than necesassy. Its been a few weeks now and I feel positive. Anyone else see suboxone as being over prescribe when smaller doses could do the job and make it easier to get off later? Thank you

Last edited: