Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

My 5/6-APB experiences after months and 5+5g's

mavey

Greenlighter
Background: veteran opiate, benzo, euphoric stims user, mostly IV, but recently kicked the habit and can manage fine without needles.

This is just a dump of my experience with the APB RC's. I usually do a 1:1 mix of 5/6-APB eyeballed at somewhere between 100-200mg in total, but I started with 2:1 of 6 to 5.b

Honestly, this is the most euphoric drug I've ever had. Seriously. And I've been shooting H for 5 years 2-3 grams a day by the end (among other escapades with coke, meth, speedballing, etc). When I hit the "sweet spot" (I really need to get me a mg scale!), I'm always totally floored for good 2-3 hours, unable to move and just going "ahhhh...", "ahhhh...", "mmhhhmmm...." aloud. It's like waves of intense orgasm, but it's a relentless wave after wave, like 20 secs apart, it's insane! MDMA is a toy compared to this stuff. And I've had lots of qualitybb MDMA back in my techno years.

The weird thing is that there is virtually no typical comedown, however it completely depletes all your serotonin (and who knows what else) and you have to wait at least 7 days to repeat. 14 days if you don't post-load on 300mg of 5-HTP daily afterwards. It's all about the 5/6 ratio and exact amount. Also, don't redose, it won't prolong the bliss much and leaves you really moody and weepy for the next day (even with 5-HTP). Until ~T+1:30 you may not feel much, but by T+2:00 it'll kick in full-on and will keep you "couch locked" in pure mental and physical bliss for good 3 hours. After that there's about 2hrs come down, but not in a bad way - those waves just get smaller and smaller and the "speedy" part pokes out a bit, with minor bruxism. If you take 1-2mg alprazolam (depending on tolerance), shoot up some bupe/opiate (also fixes your ginormous mydriasis), you'll fall asleep at once and never even know there was a comedown of any kind. Pretty cool. If the dose was very strong, the day after can be a little moody, but with normal doses I actually feel better than normal, feel like talking to people, sharing, etc, which really isn't me. I'm more of an introvert.

For me, the difference between good and bad APB is the amount of stimulation you get from it. The less stim, the better purity and euphoria. And I mean euphoria, guys, what MDMA does to you in this regard is really weak. APB doesn't have so much entactogenic and empathogenic properties like MDMA, but if your intent is not socializing under mild euphoric influence, and you prefer laying totally grounded and unable to do more than just moan and moan and moan in pure bliss, APB is the ticket. I think the problem is that there's only few vendors with the real/good stuff. I personally know of just one, but don't ask me about it, I'm not here to advertise. Rather I'd like to raise the awareness about this amazing substance. This is actually my first report ever. I just felt that APB is getting really bad and undeserved rep on the forums, while it is by far the best thing that came out of the RC scene!

Maybe in smaller amounts, with a small dose of some SA/DA stim like MDAI, MPA or 3-FA it could substitute for MDMA a bit, but I wouldn't recommend that, because APB is the strongest serotonergic chemical I've ever had. And there's more to it, it's not just the serotonin. We just don't know what it does exactly, but believe you me, it makes you come inside of your mind. I know what typical serotonergic chems do to you. This is different. There is way more going on. You can load up on L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP and it won't do you much good as far as "recharging" goes. Two weeks delays highly recommended whatever you supplement with.

From my experience, the best result is to take the full dose at once, on a completely empty stomach (nothing to eat the whole day) and don't worry and redose if nothing happens before T+1:30. If you take too much, you can tell easily, because the come up is so strong, it makes you almost feel just like before fainting - seeing dark spots, etc. At that point the best option is to fill up yourself with loads of warm water and pump your stomach 1-2 times completely. Even then, when I once took double the dose (what an idiot!), I had such a headache I was sure I was going to stroke out. I've never had such a headache in my life. If my worst headache ever was a 5 on a 1-10 scale, this was 15. Seriously. I took some meds to lower my blood pressure and 20mg diazepam, wrapped my head in cold wet towel and kept myself standing up on the tips of my toes and hands up. Despite all the pain and wobblyness, I was rolling or more appropriately I was being rolled over anyway, but I believe this saved me from a serious health issue due to the severe hypertensive crisis. The morning after, I woke up unable to speak and with cracked white lips from complete dehydration. It took me a week to be able to speak again normally. I could only whisper. It was like an extreme case of sore throat, just painless. So beware - there's a pretty steep dose/response curve with this one. You definitely need scales, because my eyeballing already cost me 2 unpleasant experiences. Start with 125mg combined or similar, soon you'll climb up to 200mg - yes, there's some tolerance, but only when redosing and tripping more than once a week.

Once I took too little, only 1 day after the previous trip, and kept redosing like 4-5 times throughout the night trying to "get there". Instead I got into a state where I could pick myself up from the chair (extreme body load) and spent the next day crying just from looking at ordinary things around me. Watched TV and everything remotely emotional totally got to me, I cried from sadness, I cried from joy and I also cried for no reason at all. 5-HTP might have helped, by the evening I was perfectly OK.

So, be very careful with 5/6-APB. If you respect it, never redose more than once & half the initial amount TOPS around T+2:00-3:00, and give your body enough time to recharge, this chemical is the most amazing stuff you'll ever experience. Forget about M1, MDAI, 4-FA, MPA and other "MDMA-like" crap. Forget even MDMA. I would have no use for it now. I don't like stims and all they're all just stims with some NA/DA activity, which eventually make you go nuts.

APB is a calm, personal experience meanwhile your brain is spinning and rocking in the waves of a maelstrom of ecstasy.

Just my two cents, peace out,
Dave

not eating before is likely a bad idea, given the stress put on your body. I've actually noticed that if i take it after eating I come up fully in an hour but if i go hours without eating before i dose it takes 2-3 hours to come up.

Last edited:
Sounds like good advice, if I ever do try the stuff (unlikely)... thanks for sharing.

I guess it's really down to individual biochemistry with this one. When I take it on a full stomach, or just after I ate anything, the come up takes over 2hrs.

It's a strange RC, I have to admit that. So many people report some visuals, I've never had any, just mildly ordinary stuff looking "curious", but that's about it. With me, it's all about the crushing euphoria. Strange, isn't it?

That's true, everyone is different. Most things take forever to come up for me if i have a full stomach except this one. I find it so odd. The closest i get to visuals is color intensity but then again I have a tolerence to psychedelics in general. I also find the euphoria to be better than mdma if i mix 5-apb with 6-apb, just not as loved up and tactile sensations not as strong. As far as RCs go its probably my favorite next to 4-aco-dmt and 25i-NBOMe

That's true, everyone is different. Most things take forever to come up for me if i have a full stomach except this one. I find it so odd. The closest i get to visuals is color intensity but then again I have a tolerence to psychedelics in general. I also find the euphoria to be better than mdma if i mix 5-apb with 6-apb, just not as loved up and tactile sensations not as strong. As far as RCs go its probably my favorite next to 4-aco-dmt and 25i-NBOMe

Exactly what I think, my dear chap! I only ever do 5+6 combo now, because there's nothing else like it, AFAIK. As I've said, MDMA is not even a watered down version of this. MDMA is to a ride on the bike as 5+6-APB is to a rocket launch! :)

I've never tried any of the 4-ACO, 4-HO, 5-MEO line of RC's. I'm experienced with LSD and I presume most of these are pure psychedelics, yes? The problem for me nowadays is that most psychedelic RC's take too long. I'm a working man, have a family, can't really invest 12-24hrs to aMT trips and such very often. Are any of these in fact more like APB or MDMA - strongly euphoric, yet not taking 8+ hours? I'd be interested in your personal favourites and why you prefer them.

I have to say, medium dose LSD is like the top of the acceptable psychedelic spectrum for me. I'll probably never try DMT, from what I've read, it's beyond "jolly fun". As I get older, I find myself open to less psychedelia and more euphoria in my research.

Don't take this as "what should I take" type of question. I'm just curious about your experiences and why you prefer what you say you do. Also, I know there are some real no-no's in this class, what's up with that? Some of them differ by just two letters, that's all... :?

Thanks

MDMA leaves me with a suicide Tuesday and then a generalized depressed mood for up to two weeks afterward but it never ever has caused a "crash". Instead its always a gentle and orgasmic tapering off that sometimes carries on into the next day.

With 6-APB, I experienced very similar results to you. I had severe emotional lability the following day, which is unlike MDMA for me.

I'm also surprised at the euphoria you reported. I've never had anything come close to touching a speedball although the psychs have gotten me within spitting distance once or twice. Either I'm doing this wrong or its another case of YMMV!

Most probably product quality variance, but individual brain chemistry, mono-amine levels and receptor sensitivity play a huge role. I've also had bad 6-APB that was good, mildly euphoric, but quality 5-APB + 6-APB 1:1 in one 150-200mg dose is literally orgasmic.

Wonder who the best supplier is. :) I've tried two high-profile EU vendors and now waiting for material from a third.

Thanks for the report it was an enjoyable read and formatted perfectly.

:)

I agree with you on 6-APB, very much like MDA in my opinion with a little extra flare and duration. Dosing on the lower end seems to make the experience much more palatable for public and even professional use, if that's your flavor.

I'll try to give 6 apb a shot again. I've had some wonderful experiences with it, including the best euphoria I've ever had. I just kept repeating "I never felt this good, whoa haha" for 3 hours.
This may be caused by the source, degrading over time, but the last times I took it, I felt almost nothing. And I took up to 350 mg. I just felt a little bit weird, not much music appreciation, or euphoria. Only a frustrating stimulation, lasting way too loing.
I'll see soon enough if it was due to tolerance or the source itself, as I didn't consumed anything for about 2 months.

I had an excruciating, agonising headache two hours after taking about 150-200mg dose. It was so scary, never again. I've had a headache like a hangover and felt tired and trembling for six days now. Can someone tell me if this will ever get better? Anyone thinking of taking this shit after reading all online is an idiot.

I had an excruciating, agonising headache two hours after taking about 150-200mg dose. It was so scary, never again. I've had a headache like a hangover and felt tired and trembling for six days now. Can someone tell me if this will ever get better? Anyone thinking of taking this shit after reading all online is an idiot.

Did you measure your dose with a scale? Judging from your statement it seems like you eyeballed.

Great report, I can only agree - I like this stuff very very much. Hence my nick, if anybody didn't notice lol.

There are 2 (at least) things I find really strange about 6 apb, one is pleasant, the other not so much:
1)despite feeling extreme euphoria, I find it almost virtually non addictive. Normally when I find some new stimulant, with even very tiny euphoria, I have urges to redose many times during the night and there's quite chance I'll do it the next week at least once. Not with this, now I haven't had it for 6 weeks and didn't think about it for a single time. But I'm gonna take it today or tomorrow lol.
2)despite having tried it about 8 times total, the comeup is still very strange. It seems like I'll never get used to this comeup. No matter if I have full stomach or empty stomach, it causes strong diarrhea to me, overall weird feeling in stomach and a kind of confusion in the head. This lasts for almost an hour, then I slowly feel better until suddenly, huge, almost undescribeable euphoria arrives, lasting for 3 hours.

not eating before is likely a bad idea, given the stress put on your body. I've actually noticed that if i take it after eating I come up fully in an hour but if i go hours without eating before i dose it takes 2-3 hours to come up.

I've actually read this a few times. Eating beforehand definitely helps.

Depends on setting. For a night in 6, nice juicy 200. If its a night out, start on 5 and then top-up with both. Awesome. Oh roll on three weeks

Depends on setting. For a night in 6, nice juicy 200. If its a night out, start on 5 and then top-up with both. Awesome. Oh roll on three weeks

I havent tried 5 yet. I cant imagine being out on 6 though, on 150mg I could hardly walk during peak. Just sitting there mashing my teeth and rolling my eyes back into my head. Would you say 5 is less messy, Shifty? So perhaps someone could take 5, a less messy drug, then ease there way into 6 without being to out of control?

I havent tried 5 yet. I cant imagine being out on 6 though, on 150mg I could hardly walk during peak. Just sitting there mashing my teeth and rolling my eyes back into my head. Would you say 5 is less messy, Shifty? So perhaps someone could take 5, a less messy drug, then ease there way into 6 without being to out of control?

Ive been wondering the same thing? I find 6apb to be more trippy and sedating at higher doses, ive never tried five but it sounds like it is more stimmy and more of a great body feeling with a clearer head? Can anyone confirm that and how is it by itself?