• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My 15 year MDMA Hiatus did not lessen my tolerance.

cippy51

Greenlighter
An unwitting test subject in an MDMA "Study"

I abused MDMA years ago mostly because I was partners with a an excellent PhD chemist. I was marketing obviously.

I went overboard, took years for my moods to stabilize, be real happy again, about ten years ago. Fast forward to 15 years since my last dose. I wanted to try and give my wife the wonderful experience I had maybe bring us closer. I bought a test kit to be sure. I figured after 15 years I would not have any sort of tolerance, but apparently its the same as it was back then. So I tied a different and also reputable vendor with great reviews on their product and its the same.

It's Possible I got the same non MDMA substance from both vendors, my wife loved it, Marquis Reagent came out black. So even though my moods stabilized after my years of abuse, it seems permanent damage to serotonin receptors must be it.

Or maybe I am getting MDA? That would be at least nice to know it may be possible to get MDMA Euphoria of some sort back again.

What dose did you try out of curiousity? 15 years should be more than long enough to reset the balance of chemicals in your brain and reduce tolerance to zero.
Are you on any meds?

What dose did you try out of curiousity? 15 years should be more than long enough to reset the balance of chemicals in your brain and reduce tolerance to zero.
Are you on any meds?
No Meds other than a couple other recreational ones. I started @ 120 mg, ended up going high as 200mg

I know the monkeys were exposed to extremely massive dosages, but so do some humans (not nearly as much) but I recall reading a study that showed damaged axons 7 years later..

Doing some reading, "The presence of undetected synthesis byproducts, inhibition of monoamine transporters, or substitution of an isobaric derivative may explain what is wrong with some 3,4-MDMA today."

Like I said, I used to get mine straight from the source, 100% pure and it did not look like what I getting now. In the past it was white, crystally, flaky powder, always powdery and that unmistakable taste did seem stronger. Now, all I see is yellowish brown "Champagne" crystals and rocks and some powered, even purple colored. Could be a number of factors as to why, but makes me wonder.

Ok, maybe answered my own question. I got a third batch at the request from my wife who has spring break coming up. The Marquis Reagent acted different, no quick burning fizz, the reaction was slower and there started purple before going black. Run the solution up the test tube and dark purple could be seen in the light. Smell was on point as to what I remember.

So, I decided to test it out, definitely more like the old days, that good serotonin glow. Still, nothing like the magic it was when in the Good ol days, no world changing empathy, but good.

Wish I could have a bit of the old batch to use a control group or a gas chromatography mass spectrometry machine and how to use it. :)

I am very curious about your experience and your wife's experience.

When you both took MDMA together and she enjoyed it, but you found it lacking, what did her experience seem like from your point of view? Was she as loved up and visibly rolling as you recall people being previously? Did you notice if her eyes were dilated? Was she touchy feely?

Also, could she tell the difference in the batches, or did she have roughly the same experience from all three?

How would you describe your experience off the first two batches? You said both batches were the same, but in what ways? What was the high like and what was it lacking?

Any and all info appreciated! We have been discussing variations in MDMA experiences for quite awhile here. :)

This is a very interesting "case study". Your history and experience is analogue to mine, though with a much shorter hiatus of a few years in between. I'm curious about the replies to indigoaura's questions as well. I have one or two questions to add: you say "No Meds other than a couple other recreational ones", might I ask which ones? Also for clarification, have I understood correctly that the first marquis test was straight to black without any purple as opposed to the second one which had purple in the transition to the final colour?

Drug tolerance is only partially due to down regulation of signaling systems (ie receptors, neurotransmitters, second messengers, transporters and metabolic enzymes).

There is a very real psychological component to tolerance as novelty is very linked to the drug experience (to the point where heroin addicts are more likely to OD using in a new envinronment).

A novel experience occurs when there are few pre-existing pathways activated by the stimulus. Once enough learning has happened to render something non-novel, there will be many pathways relating to that thing which are strengthened through use. These pathways can be pruned and fade away, but will come back more quickly when the original stimulus is repeated.

Additionally the development of neural pathways related to a specific stimulus (ie learning) occurs more readily in states with a large amount of dopamine. This just means that the loss of novelty of drug experiences will occur much more rapidly for most rewarding drug experiences than for even pleasurable experiences sans drugs.

I am very curious about your experience and your wife's experience.

When you both took MDMA together and she enjoyed it, but you found it lacking, what did her experience seem like from your point of view? Was she as loved up and visibly rolling as you recall people being previously? Did you notice if her eyes were dilated? Was she touchy feely?

Also, could she tell the difference in the batches, or did she have roughly the same experience from all three?

How would you describe your experience off the first two batches? You said both batches were the same, but in what ways? What was the high like and what was it lacking?

Any and all info appreciated! We have been discussing variations in MDMA experiences for quite awhile here. :)
Sorry I missed this response, thought people had lost interest in my thread.

The first two batches that effected my wife my was pretty poor product I believe the same batch. She did not have a strong serotonin reaction, but was happy to lay in bad and relax. I just felt like a warm almost opiate like glow. They were both purple crystal and fizzed immediately to black with Marquis.

I have a new batch now, same vendor that does test very dark purple to black and there is a much better reaction. I've tried it three times and much closer to the MDMA of old, but not magic. I thnk its safe to say I still have a tolerance after 15 years. Wish I had a 100% batch as control.

My wife will try it coming up on her spring break, so I'll let you know how that goes

Sorry I missed this response, thought people had lost interest in my thread.

The first two batches that effected my wife my was pretty poor product I believe the same batch. She did not have a strong serotonin reaction, but was happy to lay in bad and relax. I just felt like a warm almost opiate like glow. They were both purple crystal and fizzed immediately to black with Marquis.

I have a new batch now, same vendor that does test very dark purple to black and there is a much better reaction. I've tried it three times and much closer to the MDMA of old, but not magic. I thnk its safe to say I still have a tolerance after 15 years. Wish I had a 100% batch as control.

My wife will try it coming up on her spring break, so I'll let you know how that goes

'Happy to lay in bed and relax' is not a typical response of someone's first experiences of MDMA.

It should be 'holy fuck, that's amazing'...

'Happy to lay in bed and relax' is not a typical response of someone's first experiences of MDMA.

It should be 'holy fuck, that's amazing'...
my friend took mdma for the first time on friday with us in the car and it was hella intense for him. We had to calm his breathing since the rush and everything was insane from one pill smoked alot of weed he let go of alot of baggage on his mind had a amazing experince both jaw gurning looking hella fucked.

my friend took mdma for the first time on friday with us in the car and it was hella intense for him. We had to calm his breathing since the rush and everything was insane from one pill smoked alot of weed he let go of alot of baggage on his mind had a amazing experince both jaw gurning looking hella fucked.
Question is.. was it real MDMA or just a pill with other stuff?

An unwitting test subject in an MDMA "Study"

I abused MDMA years ago mostly because I was partners with a an excellent PhD chemist. I was marketing obviously.

I went overboard, took years for my moods to stabilize, be real happy again, about ten years ago. Fast forward to 15 years since my last dose. I wanted to try and give my wife the wonderful experience I had maybe bring us closer. I bought a test kit to be sure. I figured after 15 years I would not have any sort of tolerance, but apparently its the same as it was back then. So I tied a different and also reputable vendor with great reviews on their product and its the same.

It's Possible I got the same non MDMA substance from both vendors, my wife loved it, Marquis Reagent came out black. So even though my moods stabilized after my years of abuse, it seems permanent damage to serotonin receptors must be it.

Or maybe I am getting MDA? That would be at least nice to know it may be possible to get MDMA Euphoria of some sort back again.
I did a lot of supposedly MDMA pills.
I was chasing the dragon. That first high feeling but couldn't after taking up to 10 or so pills.

Haven't done anything for years but would love to and see if this hiatus that I've been on for 13 years now would make a difference and have that same feeling from way back.