View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MXE Blackouts

onetwocatpoo

Bluelighter
My friend took MXE for the first time at the weekend and found he had blackouts and time lapses, he also found he went totally loopy, he can't fully remember hallucinating but was doing and acting strangely. :?:?:?

He frequently as ketamine and has no problems with this but took mxe and found that he has time that he can't account for or is told things happened during this time that he doesn't remember.

He has never blacked out before and wondered if anyone had the same issues, he currently takes SSRI's (citalopram) and wonders if this is a contributing factor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, he found the experience somewhat scary!!!

Well this would really be better in the Psychedelic Drugs forum as it is not a trip report. But to answer your question, I believe the SSRI probably has a dramatic effect on MXE. I know for sure that serotonin releasers (such as MDMA, amphetamines, etc) can lead to serotonin syndrome when combined with MXE. I would be wary of taking MXE if you're on any drug that modifies the serotonin system.

I actually have the opposite effect from ketamine and MXE. On ketamine, I can rarely remember much of the experience, but on MXE, I can remember everything.

Oh I see, i'm new to bluelight so am still learning the ropes, thanks for letting me know. hmm, my friend is usually very wary of combining things with SSRI's and found no problems with Ketamine but should have searched around more with MXE, he steers well clear of things such as MDMA and dislikes amphetamines. in regards to memory there's been no issues with ketamine but with MXE several hours are unaccounted for. The situation is quite unnerving as this hasn't been experienced before

My friend took MXE for the first time at the weekend and found he had blackouts and time lapses, he also found he went totally loopy, he can't fully remember hallucinating but was doing and acting strangely. :?:?:?

He frequently as ketamine and has no problems with this but took mxe and found that he has time that he can't account for or is told things happened during this time that he doesn't remember.

He has never blacked out before and wondered if anyone had the same issues, he currently takes SSRI's (citalopram) and wonders if this is a contributing factor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, he found the experience somewhat scary!!!

Dissociatives in general can cause memory issues, including blackouts. You mention your friend is familiar with ketamine, did he account for the difference in dose/potency between k & mxe? If he just started doing k sized lines of mxe, which really should be weighed with a milligram scale, i can certainly see how he'd black out. Alcohol definitely potentiates the amnesiac effects as well. Cannabis may also, albeit less so, IME anyway. & yeah, people on large doses of mxe do act strangely. Fortunately with ketamine people usually don't or can't move around that much when they're dissociated enough to be acting in that manner, but this isn't the case with mxe & people can basically walk & talk while in a hole type state. In that regard it bears some similarity to pcp.

Well this would really be better in the Psychedelic Drugs forum as it is not a trip report. But to answer your question, I believe the SSRI probably has a dramatic effect on MXE. I know for sure that serotonin releasers (such as MDMA, amphetamines, etc) can lead to serotonin syndrome when combined with MXE. I would be wary of taking MXE if you're on any drug that modifies the serotonin system.

I actually have the opposite effect from ketamine and MXE. On ketamine, I can rarely remember much of the experience, but on MXE, I can remember everything.

I'm a little skeptical SSRIs would have a significant effect on MXE. It does seem that past a certain threshold MXE+monamine releasers is bad news, but the way said releasers & reuptake inhibitors interact with 5-HT receptors is substantially different. Hence taking MDMA on an SSRI results in a lackluster experience as opposed to an overwhelming one or serotonin syndrome. To be clear though I'm certainly not advising that anyone take the aforementioned combinations. However I haven't been able to find (in an admittedly cursory search) any anecdotal direct info that this would be problematic & i don't readily see a pharmacological mechanism that would cause such issues so i'd put my money on your run of the mill mxe blackout. Surprisingly easy to do with low tolerance, IME. Certainly not saying an interaction with an SSRI is impossible, just that i'd put substantially greater probability on simply too much mxe. If you hear hoofbeats, think horse before zebra ;)

BTW, glad your back around Xorkoth :)

How much did your friend take? I'm with the previous poster on this... if he took huge doses (eyeballing, assuming it's about the same potency as ketamine, ...) this is completely normal.

MXE is far more alien then Ketamine... I've found a gram of ketamine to be equal to 200mg of MXE.... With frequent use the NMDA receptors get smashed and can no longer function properly. Living alone I have had some very odd experiences with my memory and the movement of objects (was I sleep walking???). Things can get very slippery on this substance and I don't advise the use of it to anyone under any circumstances unless they are looking to John C. Lilly it up... in other words, take it seriously and don't fuck about. Large doses in singular sessions without repeating at all for the next few weeks is advisable by some. The best advice I can give to you is to not bother with MXE if it causes you or a friend to black out. Final notion: I know a kid who jumped out of a car (got out happy as a motherfucker) in his home town riding down the street with a smile on his face, waved goodbye to the crowd of friends in the car with crazed eyes... shits real.

most definitely can cause blackouts.

recently (albeit on a different disso) on MXP i blacked out (holed) and woke up with an enormous bruise on my arm. not sure how i got it. could have been thrashing around on the floor for all i know, the bruise is on the upper part of my bicep and quite large.

OK I have this drug all figured out. if you want to have an amazing time with hardly any side effects please listen. Do NOT bomb 200 mg of or even 100 mg at once. Your WASTING this chem by doing that. all your doing is increasing your side effects 10 fold, like the dizziness. you need to roll into the experience slowly by mouth, or w/e roa you want, ive tried them all and snorting it will NOT make it kick harder or faster.....and yes i.v.N this drug is amazing at just 5-10 mg fyi. 20-40mg is a good start by mouth. continue to take it in this way the whole time about once an hour and you will soon find out that you can feel amazing with all of the control at your own good will very safely,,,, with no cracked out feeling or come down that leaves you retarted. While in your trip you can go visit the hole anytime you want by just doseN 20mg or so while your in the plateau....this will allow you to kinda come and go as you please will not wasting this chem. you can have a really great night off 150-200 mg for hours and hours!! I have the grainy crystal kind of mxe and its incredible. Be responsible with your doses people!!! for real!! taking too much is not as good and you risk blacking out and ruining your experience. Falling asleep after shouldn't be a prob taking it this way and you get a great after glow the next day!!1 Bomb a shit load at once and again and again, and the side effects will show up as u feel like a zombie the next day cuz you couldn't sleep the night b4. TRUST THIS I have it figured out .....have fun p.s. the environment seems to play a HUGE roll in how you feel, either feel like you wanna meditate, or turn up some techno and colored lights and have a ball!! and snmoking weed kicks the visuals and drifting away feeling in ALLOT :) oyea.....if you take meds especially an ssri, don't try this drug, its a bad idea and could put you in the E.R. with serotonin syndrome, it happened to me after bombing 100 mg last year.

Last edited:
Dissociatives in general can cause memory issues, including blackouts. You mention your friend is familiar with ketamine, did he account for the difference in dose/potency between k & mxe? If he just started doing k sized lines of mxe, which really should be weighed with a milligram scale, i can certainly see how he'd black out. Alcohol definitely potentiates the amnesiac effects as well. Cannabis may also, albeit less so, IME anyway. & yeah, people on large doses of mxe do act strangely. Fortunately with ketamine people usually don't or can't move around that much when they're dissociated enough to be acting in that manner, but this isn't the case with mxe & people can basically walk & talk while in a hole type state. In that regard it bears some similarity to pcp.

I'm a little skeptical SSRIs would have a significant effect on MXE. It does seem that past a certain threshold MXE+monamine releasers is bad news, but the way said releasers & reuptake inhibitors interact with 5-HT receptors is substantially different. Hence taking MDMA on an SSRI results in a lackluster experience as opposed to an overwhelming one or serotonin syndrome. To be clear though I'm certainly not advising that anyone take the aforementioned combinations. However I haven't been able to find (in an admittedly cursory search) any anecdotal direct info that this would be problematic & i don't readily see a pharmacological mechanism that would cause such issues so i'd put my money on your run of the mill mxe blackout. Surprisingly easy to do with low tolerance, IME. Certainly not saying an interaction with an SSRI is impossible, just that i'd put substantially greater probability on simply too much mxe. If you hear hoofbeats, think horse before zebra ;)

BTW, glad your back around Xorkoth :)

last year I was on an ssri....Prozac and I stupidly bombed 100 mg at once and I blacked out and ended up in the hospital after walking around naked. I got sert syndrome and had to be givin benzos to control myself for 2 days. taking mxe while on an ssri is a horrible idea

20-40mg is a good start by mouth. continue to take it in this way the whole time about once an hour and you will soon find out that you can feel amazing with all of the control at your own good will very safely,,,, with no cracked out feeling or come down that leaves you retarted.

Yes, a lot of us posting in the MXE threads are dosing this way. Though I tend to do my doses about 45 minutes apart, because if I wait until an hour I tend to be peaking or even coming down a little from the previous dose by then.

Yes, a lot of us posting in the MXE threads are dosing this way. Though I tend to do my doses about 45 minutes apart, because if I wait until an hour I tend to be peaking or even coming down a little from the previous dose by then.

I actually do agree with you on that one, I tend to do the same give or take a few.....I had the pleasure of tryinig the other off white powder type this past weekend and it was profoundly different. it was slightly more potent mg wise but not more enjoyable imo. the crystalZ/grainy material I tried the weekend before I enjoyed more