• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MXE Blackouts - other experiences

I never blacked out for a little over a year of doing MXE from 3 in the afternoon until 3 in the morning 3-4 times a week

Then I the spring of 2012 I got a sketchy bag of MXE and started frequently blacking out on the same doses I was doing for over a year

This cultimated in a night where I blacked out and told my friend I was going to crawl into the fire to cleanse my soul of demons ( I don't remember saying that, I do have bits and pieces of memory from sitting with him by the bonfire) and ended up in the ER strapped to a bed when I came too ( my friend should of just put me to bed) last time I ever did MXE

I used to think I never blacked out on MXE because I used it so often in solitude, often in very high doses. Turns out I regularly blacked out, foaming/drooling out of my mouth. I would just suddenly realize there's something sticky on my shirt with no memory what the hell it was, thought I had spilled something in the bathroom earlier or something. Not sure if they were seizures, there was no twitching of muscles involved. I have had partial temporal lobe seizures before where I recall parts of the experience, and this was definitely different at least.

Then I the spring of 2012 I got a sketchy bag of MXE and started frequently blacking out on the same doses I was doing for over a year
Ouch yes, there was a lot of adulterated / cut / whatever shitty MXE around. Gave me some bad experiences as well and even let me put MXE besides because I thought to have become tolerant / lasting receptor changes etc.. but as you say, it was just sketchy stuff. I've had to get rid of it then (and didn't want to pay for an analysis either) but I'm really curious what the hell they put into. The effects were unlike any arylcyclohexylamine I know of, including the more psychotomimetic PCP homologues..

FnX - temporal lobe seizures have been speculated afaik to be not too uncommon with higher doses of DXM, don't know whether they can feel differently when drug-induced though..
I didn't have any physical symptoms from the MXE black outs. The mental things (doing nonsense without remembering it, etc) were scary enough nevertheless for me to limit MXE to lower doses. Would be interesting to know if this is caused by the MXE itself or some impurities..

I've never blacked out, I think it has to do something with taking high doses all at once. I always work my way up with doses starting with 30-50mg and finalizing with one big, maybe 60-80mg dose when aiming for hole.

I blacked out on MXE after nasally redoing multiple times. Have very dim recollections of vomiting in a glass and feeling like the spirit of bjork was communicating with me through my ipod speakers. I also experienced a very stupid blackout/loss of consciousness after deciding to snort a massive line of MXE whilst incredibly fucked on Diclazepam, must have faceplanted in my laptop because I came to hunched over it with a smashed monitor. I've had similar things happen on ketamine but it felt a lot more disturbing on MXE as I was still able to move around and interract with people while in this state.

I'm always able to stay reasonably mentally clear on MXE. All that unpleasant cold numbness and mania stop me from upping the dose to a blackout. Been sticking to the sweet spot for months now after i learned my lesson. If i'm gonna hole out i'll do some K, but MXE (the duration+fuzziness) is excellent for low doses. :)

That's the good thing about ket, once you reach a blackout hole, your so anesthesized you can't move. That's where the problem with MXE, PCP, etc., comes into play...8o

I blacked out on MXE after nasally redoing multiple times. Have very dim recollections of vomiting in a glass and feeling like the spirit of bjork was communicating with me through my ipod speakers. I also experienced a very stupid blackout/loss of consciousness after deciding to snort a massive line of MXE whilst incredibly fucked on Diclazepam, must have faceplanted in my laptop because I came to hunched over it with a smashed monitor. I've had similar things happen on ketamine but it felt a lot more disturbing on MXE as I was still able to move around and interract with people while in this state.

A report from another site regarding a MXE overdose:

My gf freaked out and called an ambulance; they shoved a 'breathing tube' down my throat because my breathing was shallow (which is common for anesthetic doses of disassociatives, but my gf and the EMTs didn't know what was going on the time). I ended up having to detox off of etizolams (sp) too at that point, since they found them in my system (it wasn't specified as etiz, just benzos - but that was bad enough) and for various reasons I couldn't have that keep popping up in my medical records. Detoxing off of them after a year-long usage of that and klonopin wasn't too fun. :(

Since that experience I have not used either etiz or MXE. Too much baggage involved with them for me at this point, IMO.

Last edited:
I don't get satisfied off low doses of MXE. Most of my dosages are 50 mg+ up to 150 mg and yes I don't remember my experiences :p. Hospitalized 3x for "going under" :x.