Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MXE and 5-MeO-DALT: added confusion, mild visual improvement

St3ve

Bluelighter
Due to a lack of trip reports on a combination of5-MeO-DALT and MXE I went ahead and combined the two. I'm somewhat experienced with both substances MXE perhaps 15-30 times and I think this is my 6th go at 5-MeO-DALT. 5-MeO-DALT is a subtle substance that by no means compares to its close relatives but still a fun little tryptamine. It's best effects would be the subtle but enjoyable mood lift and definite increase in music appreciation. Odd visual anomalies such as not being able to accurately gauge distance give it a slightly more convincing psychedelic feel.

MXE is a whole different beast and has a much more defined dissociative effect. It too also has pronounced effects on music appreciation, more defined moodlift and a psychedelic edge to it as well. Seeing as both substances have similar duration I figured it might be worth testing a combination of both. I decided to start with about half of my normal dose of each in case of potential synergy/negative effects. I'm alone at my flat and in a postive yet slightly tired state of mind.

(NOTE: weights are estimated as my scale is only sensitive up to 10mg).

22.20 (t-00:10) : ingested 0.5mg etizolam (intas) to negate any come anxiety I sometimes experience when taking MXE.

22.35 (t+00:00): ~20mg 5 meo dalt weighed out and ingested in rizla wrap

22.38 (t+00:03) ~20mg MXE weighed out and ingested in rizla wrap

22.45 (t+00:10) I'm eager to start feeling effects and resist the urge to light up a joint.

22.55 (t+00:20): some first alerts, increased activity. I'm moving around my room re-arranging things and music is sounding more interesting. Stil +/- though.

23.00 (t+00:25): I need to get up and fiddle my internet cable around as it seems to be on its way out. Movement is now slightly impaired (hints of MXE, perhaps aided by half an etizolam).

23.05 (t+00:30): Ok I'm now feeling weird (+), predominantly MXE'd but there seems to be an extra element of confusion in my mind I'm attributing to the DALT.
Colours have taken on that "simplified" form I get from higher doses of MXE.

23.08: (t+00:33): I'm glad I've only dosed low for either substance as come up is more fun/intense than I had anticipated. Next experiment will probably proceed with full 30-40mg of each though.

23.13 (t00:38): My computer is playing completely random songs on shuffle from my too big music collection. Sound is getting more and more impressive.

23.19: (t+00:44) ++. I am now feeling pretty dissociated whilst at the same time there are little smidgins dancing around the letters I'm typing. Combo so far so good! 5-MEO-DALT has been quite disappointing visually as a psych to me but it seems that it can help bring out MXE's visuals and vice versa. Probably smoke some weed in a bit to kick things up a notch.

23.29: (t+00:54)it is especially the low end sounds that seem to really captivate my hearing. At the moment MXE is well overpowering 5-MeO-DALT's effects but there is some extra stimulation compared to a normal MXE experience.

23.39: (t+01:04) mental confusion is pretty bad, but it is not unenjoyable!

23.42: (t+01:07) I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is actually happening to me, might be good to try this combination with others present as well to see how it affects conversation...
23.50: (t+01:15) K fuck it, I'm plateauing and hence time for a spliff!
01.07: (t+02:32) A few puffs of weed got me more stimulated and I got very absorbed into trying to set up wireless internet in my new flat, it was a very challenging thing to do in this state of mind and sadly I did not succeed (sober).
1.08: (t+02:33)I'm smoking the rest of my spliff (when I lit it, a few puffs was all I could handle).
01:15: (t+02:40) mild CEVs that are reactive to music. Should've maybe checked for these earlier. They are mostly identical to the ones I usually get mid-way and MXE trip when weed is smoked, scenes and shapes change more rapidly though and they seem a little more "energetic".
02:???: sleep

All in all it was a fun experience but the 5-MeO-DALT did not add much to the overal experience. MXE dominated the effects, 5-MeO-DALT added some extra confusion, perhaps some euphoria and slightly altered the visual effects.
I may repeat this again some time soon with slightly higher doses of both.