News Music News v. Dispatches From The Sphere

i guess psychedelics don't make everyone nonviolent, afterall!

just kidding, i already knew that

i guess psychedelics don't make everyone nonviolent, afterall!
I never associated rap/hip hop with psychedelics, rather with sizzurp and weed and opioids in general. But I guess if you want so, you'll find at least one person for each drug who mades some bad shit blaming the drug for. Even if it wasn't a drugged case at all, like with shrooms in the NL.

Reactions: CFC
The continuing revival of vinyl sales pushes them past CDs this year. What's much more interesting, however, is that by some estimates I read vinyl sales now exceed online/streaming sales as well. This is because the music industry doesn't count sales of second-hand music, which naturally accounts for the vast majority of vinyl transactions, because it doesn't add anything to their own pockets. In doing so, of course, these statistics don't actually reflect music reality at all, just crapitalist values.

Roger Waters: Why I’ve re-recorded The Dark Side of the Moon – without Pink Floyd​

In the week David Gilmour’s wife Polly Samson called him a ‘megalomanic’, the musician airs his views on Russia, Israel – and his bandmates

8 February 2023 • 6:30pm

Robert Hunter passed recently. RIP to an amazing lyricist.