• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Drying

I guess enough people use paper towels but it kinda depends on how wet the shrooms really are and how well they are able to dry through other ways, mainly meaning circulated air in this case. If that is not done correctly they will be dried by water extraction into the paper towels which will make the shrooms stick to the paper.
Anyway the less flimsy the paper is, the harder it is to rip them apart the better it probably is to avoid having paper stuck directly to the shrooms. But it's a detail with smaller portions - with larger batches you really do need to do it right to avoid a lot of extra frustrating work.

About your opening post, I don't know whose advise to google it you are referring to but this could have been found in the Mushroom drying subthread which - again - you could have found yourself. Use the Index bro, and think logically: drying mushrooms... it's a part of the topic mushrooms. So first find that in the list and then find drying in the subthread list. I will merge the threads this time, but at some point I expect you to grow up and put in the effort yourself or else close your threads. We expect everyone to do their part. We are a community, not a consumer market. No offense, hopefully you get what I am saying here.

OK apparently the merge did not work earlier but it did now.

What Psox said here is as compact and right as you can put it in one sentence:

Put them in front of a fan for a while. Only when they have mostly dried by the fan do you put them in a container with dessicant.

You should have put them in a paper bag to dry immediatley after you got home with them. No need to get an oven involved in the drying process.

I know this is an old post but a few years ago I stored some picked mushrooms in a dark, dry place in a brown paper bag after picking with 30 degree centigrade temperature and they rotted overnight. The next day they were all slimy and gooey with no shape at all and just fell apart when handled. In desperation I used a fan forced oven on the lowest heat possible (70-80 I think so there would have been alkaloid loss) with the mass of semi rotten shrooms placed on baking paper and a baking tray to dry them but it was a mess. Ended up basically turning into powder. Apart from smelling bad they did not achieve any significant loss of potency from the fresh shrooms I ate the day before (taking into account the reduced mass of dried vs fresh shrooms and slight tolerance due to consumption the day prior there was a loss but not a huge one). Anyone else experienced this?

In the past I've just frozen them and used the frozen shrooms to make mushroom tea far more than I have dried them for storage. Did not notice any significant loss of potency with freezing. However they were stored for a while and my tolerance would have been low when I got them out of the freezer and made the tea. I have also seen them stored in honey. Neither of these techniques are drying but they seem to work reasonably well in my experience as alternative methods of storage. A cheap and simple desk fan can be enough for drying to achieve air circulation. I didn't do that with the paper bag experience however, to my great regret lol.

Last edited: