• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mushrooms, kratom and vyvanse.

xannyhead

Bluelighter
Ive taken 8 grams of kratom 4 hours ago. I plan to eat mushrooms tomorrow (6 grams, already have eaten them a few times in the last couple of years) and take vyvanse daily (30mg). I usually dont dose vyvanse when I trip on mushrooms because im afraid that the combo might worsen the overall experience. But my questions are: i) am I safe eating mushrooms a day after ingesting kratom? ii) Is there any problem in taking 15mg of vyvanse (keep in mind Ive taken 30mgs on a daily basis for years) in the morning and eating the shrooms in the afternoon?

Yeah, you'll be fine with the kratom. I just probably wouldn't directly combine the two on the same day. Theoretically it probably blunts psychedelics since it also binds to ht2a as an antagonist.

Mixing stimulants and mushrooms is not particularly dangerous in reasonable/low doses, but in my experience it ruins the high. I would avoid it.

Exactly what Snafu said; stimulants typically take away from the psychedelic experience so avoid it the day of.

I have taken kratom with psychedelics before and it's fine. I'd still prefer to take a psychedelic without Kratom, but I was badly addicted to kratom once upon a time. You'll be completely fine if you use kratom the day before a trip.

I hope that you enjoy the mushrooms 😊

Last edited:
I take kratom and shrooms on the same day all the time. I have to, both for pain reasons and because I’m habituated to kratom. But I’ve never heard of it blunting the effects before. It doesn’t seem to do that too much with me, I’ve had some intense shroom trips and some I was disappointed in, but it seemed to rely more on the quality of the shroom bars (I prefer those chocolate bars with shrooms in them and they can be pretty hit or miss, from what I’ve read as per the reviews.) This combo doesn’t feel unsafe to me, as I view kratom more as medicine and not something to get high off of.

Ive taken 8 grams of kratom 4 hours ago. I plan to eat mushrooms tomorrow (6 grams, already have eaten them a few times in the last couple of years) and take vyvanse daily (30mg). I usually dont dose vyvanse when I trip on mushrooms because im afraid that the combo might worsen the overall experience. But my questions are: i) am I safe eating mushrooms a day after ingesting kratom? ii) Is there any problem in taking 15mg of vyvanse (keep in mind Ive taken 30mgs on a daily basis for years) in the morning and eating the shrooms in the afternoon? I mixed all 3 & was safe. I take Kratom every day, 2 teaspoons every 2-3 hours from the moment I wake up. I have been taking shrooms for the last 2 weeks along with my usual Kratom & I’m totally fine. But in terms of effects I did notice that when mixing Kratom with shrooms my shroom high isn’t as intense. It just took a bigger dose of shrooms to get to that desired high. I also take Vyvanse which I’m prescribed & I always take it w my Kratom. I mixed all 3 & it felt great 😂 I was fine & dandy! Then I took my usual Hydroxyzine at night to help me wind down & sleep 😂 Hope that helps 🖤
Ive taken 8 grams of kratom 4 hours ago. I plan to eat mushrooms tomorrow (6 grams, already have eaten them a few times in the last couple of years) and take vyvanse daily (30mg). I usually dont dose vyvanse when I trip on mushrooms because im afraid that the combo might worsen the overall experience. But my questions are: i) am I safe eating mushrooms a day after ingesting kratom? ii) Is there any problem in taking 15mg of vyvanse (keep in mind Ive taken 30mgs on a daily basis for years) in the morning and eating the shrooms in the afternoon?
I mixed all 3 & YES I was safe. I take Kratom every day, 2 teaspoons every 2-3 hours from the moment I wake up. I have been taking shrooms for the last 2 weeks along with my usual Kratom & I’m totally fine. But in terms of effects I did notice that when mixing Kratom with shrooms my shroom high isn’t as intense. It just took a bigger dose of shrooms to get to that desired high. I also take Vyvanse which I’m prescribed & I always take it w my Kratom. Yes I mixed all 3 & it felt great 😂 I was fine & dandy! Then I took my usual Hydroxyzine at night to help me wind down & sleep 😂 Hope that helps 🖤

Kratom and mushrooms: There isn't a significant amount of scientific research on the interactions between kratom and mushrooms. Both substances can affect the serotonin receptors in the brain, and combining them may potentially increase the risk of serotonin syndrome, which can be a serious condition. It's generally recommended to avoid combining substances that affect serotonin when possible. Given that you took kratom 4 hours ago and plan to take mushrooms tomorrow, it's difficult to determine the exact impact on your experience. However, spacing out the use of these substances and being cautious about their potential interactions is advisable.

But yes you are fine taking the shrooms a day after Kratom. You would be fine doing them both in the same day but I wouldn't recommend that because the kratom might dull the shroom trip. But a day after you will still trip and feel the effects