• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushrooms: first timer, concert + parent (slightly different thread)

richeeerd

Greenlighter
so ive read a bunch of threads that concern tripping with parents but not in a concert.
so my mother got me tickets to santana but she wants to go with me and i was already thinking on tripping.

Im 20 and shes ok with me smoking so shes not such an uptight mom. My question is how many grams should i take for me to have a slight trip without she finding out that im tripping, maybe enough to make her think im super high? Ive done LSD twice.

I suggest that you talk with your mom about that openly. If she is okay with weed maybe mushrooms will also be accepted.

your Mom probably wants to go with you to enjoy something with her son...hard for you guys to relate when you're tripping...have fun with your Mom.

Eat the shrooms another time.

so ive read a bunch of threads that concern tripping with parents but not in a concert.
so my mother got me tickets to santana but she wants to go with me and i was already thinking on tripping.

Im 20 and shes ok with me smoking so shes not such an uptight mom. My question is how many grams should i take for me to have a slight trip without she finding out that im tripping, maybe enough to make her think im super high? Ive done LSD twice.

Have you ever done mushrooms before? I assume not (but of course am willing to be corrected).

I love mushrooms. They are my favourite drug. But they can be so damn confusing at times.

It's not that you'd be tripping at a concert; it's that you would be tripping at a concert with your mother present. Unless you get the a-ok from her in advance, consider the possibility that you might make the concert less enjoyable for your mom.

No need to do that.

Tom

Both a concert and hiding your effects from others are things that can make a trip more challenging / intense, difficult, etc.
While a concert-like venue can be something to try later and certainly enjoy when you are a bit more experienced, hiding your trip from others is always something to avoid having to do in the first place. You can't expect to be able to let go of stuff/yourself and have a good trip, when you are constantly worrying about something like that. And it's a lot to ask if you haven't learned to get used to a tripping state.

Just level with your mom, whether you want to try a drug or not. And if you want to experiment with drugs and keep it to yourself, just keep that separated and do that at another place and another time as she.

You're asking for complications, difficult experiences, hurt feelings and more along those lines.

If your mom is cool, suggest to her you both take some mushrooms for the concert. If you don't think you can approach her about this, skip it.

I think the absolute worst mistake you could make in this situation is concealing the fact that you are tripping. Your mother could unknowingly become your worst enemy during a trip if she doesn't know. However, if she was informed and ok with what you're doing, you've got yourself the worlds #1 best trip sitter. :)

If not, don't trip. But, I've seen santana live and I can totally understand the idea of tripping at one of his concerts. You wont be disappointed sober or tripping though.

This is what the federal government said during prohibition and it was a wild success, right?

Isn't the idea behind harm reduction is that people are going to intoxicate themselves with substances and there is nothing you can do about it but educate them on safety?

This is a simple matter of taste. Personally I wouldn't want to take mushrooms at all or go to a Santana concert, even sober. But if this were my official advice, it would be elitist on my part. This person wants to take mushrooms with his mom and doesn't want her to know. He doesn't want to tell her, and he doesn't want to offer her his drugs. He is twenty and this situation is perfectly understandable. He asked about the dose.

Take about 2 grams.

Or please try searching for a dosage-effects chart for psilocybin. Think about how you need to function to get the most out of the concert and don't take any dose that you think might interfere with this. Keep in mind the unpredictability that you most likely experienced on LSD, as psilocybin's effects could be similar.

Like most have said, I wouldn't take them with your mom or at a concert, but given the fact that you seem like you are going to anyways...

Well, different people react different to shrooms and also, some shrooms are much stronger than others.

Me personally, I've done shrooms 10 times and I only got LOTS of visuals the first time, and a few the second.

The other 8 times I've gotten no visuals off even an 8th, which I didn't like...but personally for me, I find shrooms to be very relaxing and not at all like LSD.

I can take shrooms by myself and for me I feel less anxiety and actually in a way, less fucked up (well unless I get visuals like the first time) than I do even when high on weed.

For me it's like I get totally clear headed and feel like everything is perfect in the world and I could probably be normal around others if not for my dilated pupils.

But you can't be sure you'll react that way, and many people don't, and I don't even think I would on a stronger batch of shrooms like my first time, or if I took more.

So...my answer would be, if you absolutely HAVE to take shrooms with your mom....take 1 gram...maybe 1.5.

Even if they are very strong shrooms I don't think 1-1.5 grams should be anything overwhelming or make you feel SO much more fucked up than if you smoked a lot of weed...just a different high.

Personally, if you are comfortable carrying them around on you while at the concert which I WOULD NOT AT ALL RECOMMEND BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU GETTING ARRESTED....

But if you ARE....the best possible option is probably to dose very low....just take 1 gram...and wait a little more than an hour to see how you feel since they take about 45 mins to kick in.

If after about 1 hour and 15--90mins you feel relaxed and good, take another gram or another half a gram, but I wouldn't suggest the whole 8th.

If you are leaving the shrooms at home, which I recommend, then take less than 2 grams, and I'd guess if you have experience on acid it won't be anything you can't handle, but be prepared that your mom might figure it out, and if she does...well, that's on you to decide how to deal with it..........