View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms and nausea

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
Does anyone have anything they can reccomend for combating the nausea? My trips are almost ruined from the overwhelming nausea, I can't even walk for periods of time without running back to my bed, even as I'm talking I start to gage. As far as watching t.v. or using my computer or phone, I can never look at it for more than one second without getting overwhelmed with the urge to puke, and i feel like my eyes and brain gets zapped looking at electronics. Anyone can relate or have any ideas?

I don't suppose you like cannabis? That always helps tremendously with psychedelic nausea for me. Though, it can also dramatically intensify the psychedelic effects.

I had huge problems with this too. If you have a good history with cannabis I highly recommend using it in combination with psychs. Remember to lower your dose of the psychedelic though.
I especially had success if I smoked a bit- just a bit- before taking the psychedelic (and maintained a slight weed high for the duration of the trip).

Lol, I ONLY take shrooms with weed as i personally find taking mushrooms by itself pretty dull....cannabis helps somewhat , but it doesn't help enough where I can enjoy my trip

......and i feel like my eyes and brain gets zapped looking at electronics. Anyone can relate or have any ideas?

Are you any other meds? SSRI's maybe?
Or do you regularly use amphetamine?
I ask this because the "eyes and brain gets zapped" sounds like SSRI WD or amphetamine cessation.

Also, SSRI's could be the reason that "mushrooms are dull"...
...just a thought.

Of course none of this addresses the nausea...sorry.

No, I don't take any meds, except tramadol, which I try not to take with or near my mushroom trip. Me and my girlfriend are fairly new users of mushrooms, and she gets the same problem, not being able to stare at certain things for too long, it feels like our "eyes wiggle"

I think maybe we are taking too much of a dose at once
We usually split an 1/8th of an ounce each trip. Some trips are better than others. What i meant by "mushrooms are dull" is basically I don't find it enjoyable without marijuana, I believe it brings out the spark in the mushroom trip.

What doses do all of you reccomend? These mushrooms I get have tiny tiny caps , so we just eat a half eighth each. Thanks everyone

What doses do all of you reccomend? These mushrooms I get have tiny tiny caps , so we just eat a half eighth each. Thanks everyone

Try halving your dose next time, but 1.75 grams ea. is, by most standards, a small dose already. So, I'm stymied.
Are your shrooms from the same supplier each time?

Also, the "eye wiggle" is normal when tripping. If I wan to increase my melting of objects and general weirdness I just stare at the same spot and things start to happen. Actually it works well straight, but you have to stare longer.

Lastly, "tin tiny caps" might mean they are aborts. Are the caps very dark and the same size as the stem or smaller?
Aborts, by some accounts, tend to be stronger than mature mushrooms, but I'm not sure about that personally and even though, back when I grew my own, I'd save my aborts and eat them separately, I could never tell if they really were better or if the circumstances were better for that particular trip.
The strangest part of this is that your girlfriend is having the same problem. Does she get nauseous too or just wiggly eyes?

Last edited:
Yeah, we both have horrible nausea and eye wiggles. And as far as the caps, yes they are so damn small the stem is like just as big, some are really dark some arent.

Don't be a pussy? jkjk. You know I have love for my WNY brethren.

I tend to experience some nausea on mush, but it is more of a mind over matter thing for me. Have you tried letting it out in puke form after like an hour? Should be mostly absorbed by then.

What are you eating prior?

I have difficulty with electronics on trips. Try and avoid those things if they seem to be triggering you.

tramadol has similiar properties to SSRI, iirc.

Maybe your lessons this semester have all been learned from this teacher, and they are trying to tell you to move on.

What kind of foods do y'all eat? Are you eating healthily, or eating shit foods mostly?

I've never had any problems with nausea on mushrooms unless I've been eating fast food and the like.

I usually eat them on an empty stomach, smoke pot before it kicks in, and usually pig out on food while tripping because I find it SO amusing and fun, yes I'm so nauseated but I enjoy each bite slowly and it's like a roller coaster, the nausea comes and goes. Just looking for a remedy to kill nausea...would ondanestron kill the trip since it blocks serotonin? We usually eat Chinese food, or anything for that matter. I'm not big on junk food..
any help would be appreciated

I usually eat them on an empty stomach, smoke pot before it kicks in, and usually pig out on food while tripping because I find it SO amusing and fun, yes I'm so nauseated but I enjoy each bite slowly and it's like a roller coaster, the nausea comes and goes. Just looking for a remedy to kill nausea...would ondanestron kill the trip since it blocks serotonin? We usually eat Chinese food, or anything for that matter. I'm not big on junk food..
any help would be appreciated

Making a tea instead of actually ingesting them helps quite a lot. Adding a bit of lemon juice before helps get the most alkaloids out of them then steep for a few minutes before straining out the leftovers then sweeten to get the best taste. Adding a bit of ginger also helps nausea. Also tastes pretty good as well compliments the lemon/earthy flavor. The compounds in ginger well known to help reduce all sorts of nausea as well as I'm not totally sure but if psolocybin/psilocin interacts with the 5-HT3 receptor subtype but 5ht.3 antagonists like ondansetron (Zofran) are some of the best anti nausea compounds available.

But my best recommendation would be adding a bit of ginger either in the tea or eating some crystalized ginger afterward. I do recall reading about how ginger has some sort of effect on reducing gastric emptying time.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25848702
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18403946

This year in our pasture (we have a horse) I have seen more Psilocybe Cubensis growing in my yard than any other year. I always have found the ones from horse pastures to be much better than those from cow pastures. Though panaeolus/copelandia cyanescens aka blue meanies i have found to be overall the best (never found any in my horse pasture though) they don't store well due to their high psilocin to psilocybin content.