• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms and crying

Crying in happiness, peace and sadness all at once, pretty great. With mushrooms I can fly wildly through the spectrum of all my emotions from one moment to the next. And all that combined, including the real extremes is pretty damn powerful.

Though I also wonder if it maybe does something with your glands? I mean there are more phenomena than crying and some of them seem mostly physiological. What about thinking you have to pee? Sweating and salivating (hmm no those are more with Amanita I have heard).
And people on powerful tryptamine experiences have also been known to cough up really white or black sputum, who knows what the hell is up with that?

I had this happen to me one time. Cried for a good 30 minutes about everything that has ever bothered me and also for the pain of other people and animals. It was so refreshing afterwards I felt relieved from anything. Mine also took place after a mildly bad trip.

i've cried from either the overwhelming beauty of the trip, or the intense repressed truths i, and it seems others here feel are presented to ourselves on mushrooms on almost every 3g+ trip i've experienced. Always refreshing and something I enjoy. It often occurs during comedowns - my absolute favorite part of psilo - that most of this clarity and release occurs.

L seems to be a trip with the potential to reach deep states of introspection and such, but usually requires the proper dose and feels generally less therapeutic in nature. just my two cents.

...does something with your glands? I mean there are more phenomena than crying and some of them seem mostly physiological. What about thinking you have to pee? Sweating and salivating (hmm no those are more with Amanita I have heard).
And people on powerful tryptamine experiences have also been known to cough up really white or black sputum, who knows what the hell is up with that?

i agree that shrooms and 4-aco-dmt share a unique ability to stimulate production of very strange sweat, snot, or saliva. but of course one is in no condition to make objective declarations about if those tears were actually thicker than "normal".

this past weekend, had 15mg 4-aco-dmt while another guy had 12mg. we sat around the campfire with others (drinking) and laughed until we cried at some pretty tasteless jokes =D this guy was basically leaking his nose off at one point due to the hilarity.

Wow! Im so excited to read this post! I have taken shrooms maybe 9 or 10 times in my life in all different kinds of settings, alone, with people, outside, inside, daytime, night time, and the one thing that all my trips had in common was... I cried every single time!

Tears of excitement, happiness! I thought I was the only one! haha
I guess emotions just flow easier when tripping. one love

The only time i have cried on a drug is on alcohol ha! oh yeah i have cired on mushrooms but that was from laughing too hard for too long

What about deep trauma? I think I've gotten comfortable being miserable for fear of facing my feelings and what comes with them. What do you recommend for set and setting? Can you do them alone or does it make it worse? I don't feel comfortable around a lot of people right now.

What about deep trauma? I think I've gotten comfortable being miserable for fear of facing my feelings and what comes with them. What do you recommend for set and setting? Can you do them alone or does it make it worse? I don't feel comfortable around a lot of people right now.

Well, there you go. If you aren't comfortable around people right now then you damn sure don't want to be around them tripping on shrooms.
Have you tripped before?
As for your trauma, noone but you can know and probably not really until you are already tripping.
Do them alone, but have someone accesible by phone or in the same area you are in, but not necessarilly with you.
I prefer to trip alone...on anything...
FWIW, I usually cry when the drugs are gone.

Lol.... I don't want to be sad when they are gone! Yes I have tripped and tripped but not a lot. Mostly about ten years ago which is what triggered me to remember my sexual abuse. After ten years of therapy and still struggling, I'm back and afraid. Therapy hasn't been too helpful with the anger and depression and dissociation. I want to see if it will open me up I guess. Feelings scare the shit out of me but so does having an inflamed sense of fear. I have a gram of mushrooms to start.

I love shrooms. A lot of ppl look at it as a "teen drug" but it can be very therapeutic and mind expanding anytime.

Psychedelics make you feel again whether you like it or not. It's such a good release <3

Thanks for posting this, it makes me happy to see people who we're touched by psychedelics :)