Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mushrooms, Alcohol / 2 grams) - first time - The Understanding

gonzohst

Bluelighter
Background: I went to a music festival for the first time this weekend and decided to try 2 drugs I have never tried, MDMA and psilocybin mushrooms. The first night I took some MDMA and had a good time dancing the night away.

The second night I decided I would take some mushrooms.

T= 0 I eat 2 grams of mushrooms and wait for the effects.

T= +45 I feel strange and my body is heavy, I find some MDMA for some girl and I'm feeling nervous.

T= +1.25 We decide to go see some of the acts, but I feel different, the lights are confusing me and I can't seem to find my way around. I decide to go lay down in one of the hammocks for a few minutes and relax, as I close my eyes I get beautifully detailed images of mushrooms multiplying before my eyes, I decide to sit and enjoy it for a little while.

T= +? I begin to get disappointed that I am wasting my night in a hammock but it is now so cold out that I do not want to leave. I feel like I was resting for hours and that the night was over. I get up and go into a friends tent alone and get warm, I'm feeling a little better, but I'm not feeling the music or the people, I just want to be alone for a while.

T= +3 My friends who are on MDMA come to the tent and tell me to get up and come party, I tell them it's too cold and I feel like I'll freeze to death, he offered me some pants and I am eventually convinced to go to the area I was camping at and when I arrive I feel better immediately, I am told its 12AM and am relieved that I can still enjoy the night, I sit down and have a few beers with some people I had met this weekend. We all spoke and had a good time in the tent, the bad vibes were gone and I felt included, I was saved. It feels as if I've known these people for a long time, after I get a nice buzz we decide it's time to rave. When we arrive we make our way to the center of the crowd and start moving to the beats, I'm feeling absolutely blissful and really enjoying the music but I'm wearing these loose ass pants and can't move and tell my friend that I am going to take them off in the middle of the crowd, he tells me he needs them so I go back and take them off. When I get back to the main stage I feel as though I am a part of this, everyone around me is in sync with me and the music, we are all connected and brought together by this. And then it hits me, the understanding, that music festivals aren't about getting fucked up on drugs and raving, they are about the experience, that pure state of bliss you get by being connected to a group through music, the feeling you can only get through human connection and great music.
I realize that people who go to festivals don't go to festivals for the experience of doing drugs, but rather they use drugs to alter the experience of the festival. I feel as if I don't even need to be on drugs to feel this way, and I feel that the drugs are holding me back from fully enjoying this experience, but I feel great and continue to dance the night away, I didn't feel this way on MDMA, I just felt good and social but I didn't get this festival experience, this bond. But here I was on this strange mix of mushrooms and alcohol, I UNDERSTOOD.

Some bad vibes came about as the group as I was with were getting a little down and concerned over a lost friend, but the experience was there, we were all connected still. The next day they all left, and although I was disappointed that I would not be able to explore this experience further, I decide I will be back next year.

The feeling was amazing, it was one of my top experiences and next time I go I will most likely just take some MDMA one night and have some drinks the other 2 nights.

Great! It feels good to feel that connection with everybody.

The first time I did E was at a rave and I felt so at my place with these people and the music.

I remember a candy-flip too, in which I was so amazed to see people dancing. Human bodies dancing was the nicest thing in the world. And the music was like a river flowing :)