View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom Tea recipes

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I really want to try some mushroom tea but unfortunately don't know how to prepare it. I know the psilocybin is pretty sensitive and I'd like a recipe that maximizes extraction while minimizing destruction of the active compounds. Any information on the chemistry of the extraction process and degradation of the molecules would be highly appreciated.

Successful recipes that you've made are also welcome. I'll do my own research but I'd like some extra info and experiences to help me out.

Danke

- Shred the mushrooms into fine pieces but not so fine that they will pass through whatever filter you use.
- You could use empty tea filter bags (I call them socks), put the mushrooms in and hang that in a pot of water. There are other options like cheesecloth or tea eggs etc, but again: the bigger the holes of your sieve the bigger your mushroom pieces should be.. You can also just throw the mushroom pieces in by themselves and strain over a sieve.
- The psilocybin should actually be stable enough to survive regular tea preparations... it's not that instable.
- Extraction works better with a bit of acid (like lemon juice added) but with hot or boiling water that might actually be a bad idea for psilocin though especially at a low pH unlikely achieved by adding a little lemon juice.
- Maybe don't pour boiling water making the tea but let it cool just like 2 minutes or so after bringing to a boil depending on the volume of the pot, then hang in the mushrooms.... if you do that maybe slow down the cooling of the tea by wrapping the pot in something like a tea pot cover.

https://erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep2.shtml

The couple of times I've made shroom tea I simply cut/broke the pieces as small as I could get them and threw them in a pot with a couple bags of strong-flavored tea (earl grey) and simmered for a few minutes, then drank everything (mushroom bits included). The texture of mushroom bits in your tea might bother some people but I was fine with it and I found the shrooms didn't really affect the flavor of the tea much so it was quite pleasant to drink. I'll say that subjectively the effects were much stronger than just munching on an equivalent amount: I was glued to the bed having internal comprehension-of-the-universe-type visions (followed by "Oh shit I forgot it what did I learn I HAVE TO REMEMBER!"-style thought loops) for 3-4 hours. The occasional psychedelic shivers were glorious, too. <3 Not sure why I went back to eating them after that, TBH. Maybe to be more sociable with my fellow trippers; I really couldn't interact with the outside (outside my head) world during my tea experiences.

once you've followed the above extraction methods, add some agave syrup to it. it makes the concoction go down a whole lot easier... it's almost pleasant to drink given the sweetness. it masks the earthy, disgusting, otherwise gag-worthy taste of regular shroom tea

Well I just dived in blind and steeped 1.2 grams of chopped mushrooms for about 5 minutes. I drank the brew with no added ingredients and I'd say it could have been benefited with some lemon juice. My kitchen is unusually empty so I opted for a barebones concoction.

These were some fairly potent shrooms and I didn't really feel a quicker onset compared to chewing them up on an empty stomach.

I tried to take back what I could from the experience although the dose was underwhelming and I don't feel messages were clearly relayed.

Why only 1.2g? Do 4g next time and actually have some fun

Try again in a couple weeks

Excuse me, Harm Reduction forum ^^ >> << VV

Now, I don't know how many times FH tried it before but there are many reasons for tripping and choosing dosages and it's good to start low and work your way up. Some people are comfortable at lower dosages. It really depends what holds people back from not going higher when they proceed further with their titration, some reasons are really respectable... and at other times it just takes a little confidence to keep going and there are no rational reasons to stay low. Who says you have to go high though? Not saying you couldnt start a little higher but still...
The only thing is: don't complain about underwhelming effects when the dosage is underwhelming but clearly it was not a complaint and the low dosage level was well acknowledged.

I wasn't sure what to expect so I dosed low, I just didn't want to be hit with a freight train on the come up and panic. Still had a good time and unexpectedly was able to talk to some good friends for a good portion of the night.

Here's my favorite tea recipe.

You know, I don't mind the flavor of mushrooms at all. Fresh, dry... whatever. I'll eat 'em straight. From the looks on my friend's faces when we do eat the shrooms straight, I'm in the minority.

There is no denying tea tastes better. I have problems with shrooms & oj (Diff'rent strokes I guess...) those flavors don't mix well for me. But I just love the taste of tea.

Fortunately for me, I have a fictional friend by the name of Don Quixote. Don is a shroom chef of sorts. Don Quixote is a smart guy but he always thinks with his stomach. Even better for me, Don Quixote is always up for an adventure.

Don highly suggests mint tea. Although he has succeeded with many different types of tea (licorice comes in 2nd), mint manages to completely cover the flavor of the mushrooms, while still tasting very mild. Mint tea, also, sooths the stomach. Don puts the shroom tea in empty, individual sized, Snapple Iced Tea Bottles. If he can't have it hot, Don Quixote likes his tea cold. Lukewarm tea isn't very enjoyable.

This ain't no sippin' tea.

Make sure you don't use too much water or you won't be able to fit it all into your individual sized Snapple bottles. To prepare water to boil or cold filter, Don uses a Snapple bottle filled 2/3, per adventurer, per batch of tea. This will be enough water to hold any sized dose.

You have options when you make tea, you can use a tea bag, or ball... you can strain the shrooms out or grind them up and leave them in. Rule of thumb, if you are making a batch of tea for a bunch of friends, strain it. You want to minimize their stomach discomfort. It also, looks more palatable. If you are making tea for yourself or for experienced shroomers, there is nothing wrong with grinding the shrooms and just leaving them in. In fact, it may be a little more potent.

For dry mushrooms, DQ just boils some lemon water. Lemon can be very helpful when you want to make sure you extract the most from your dried shrooms in the shortest amount of time. You don't want so much lemon that the tea is overpowered by the flavor, just enough to taste.. He then adds shrooms in a tea ball right after his water has been brought to a boil and the stove is shut off. Don adds 1 or 2 bags of mint tea per adventurer. Don says mint tea soothes the stomach, tastes great AND it is less filling. He steeps for 10-15 minutes and pours the servings into their respective bottles. Psylocybin can handle this short burst of heat. Don Quixote has NEVER noticed a drop in potency from cooking tea unless he used fresh shrooms. When using dry shrooms, DQ doesn't mind using shroom powder. This way you injest the entire shroom but it makes the tea a little cloudy. It is little more potent and a little less discrete.

Don's stomach loves honey (I wonder if Winnie the Pooh likes chasing windmills... er, fighting giants as much as Don Quixote enjoys honey). Don suggests you add honey to any and all shroom tea. Hey, shrooms like honey and honey likes shrooms.

The beauty of the Don's mint tea is you can make a batch that is equally potent for everyone who drinks it. All you have to do is measure each person's dose in their own personalized Snapple Iced Tea bottle (write each tripper's name on their bottle so you can keep track of whose is whose... this is especially important if some adventurers are taking larger doses than others). If you put the mushroom tea in a measured pitcher, and you know how many mushrooms were used in the tea, it is very easy to figure out how many grams each adventurer will be taking.

Don Quixote says you can make another batch of mint tea (without mushrooms) to fill the remainder of each Snapple bottle so it looks like the Snapple just came off a store's shelf. Once all the Snapple bottles are full (Snapple sells Mint Iced Tea hehehe), refrigerate until cold and give to your friends.

Drinking tip: If you drink your tea over the course of 30-45 minutes, you can extend your peak for up to an hour.

I usually put cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and red tea leaves in a bag with shrooms (or whatever conveniant device I have available to use as a tea bag) and then add a dollop of honey before serving. I find it tastes rather pleasent, and masks the shrooms quite well