View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom growing update!

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
Well it's been 12 days after I inoculated my substrate jars with B+ spores and I just checked them yesterday. Four of them have a fair amount of mycelium growing at the points of inoculation and two have no signs of any growth. I received golden teacher and more B= spores yin the mail the day before so I decided to give the two with no growth a booster shot to try and jump start them. I keep them in an incubation chamber with a heating pad underneath it connected to a thermostat. The temperature is dialled in at 78*F and usually hovers around 77*F on average. The chamber is covered by a cardboard box to keep the substrate jars in the dark.

I kind of was thinking that the colonization would be a bit faster, does anyone see anything I'm doing that's blatantly incorrect? Or is this just normal for the colonization period/time?

Not sure whether booster shots work - maybe the jars were bunk. You have to expect a fairly big failure rate - if 25-50% of the jars actually fruit anything I'd be pleased.

Colonisation for me usually takes 4-6 weeks.

Well they weren't showing any growth so I thought it couldn't hurt any to inoculate them again. Guess I'll check them again in another 2 weeks or so.