View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushies Fruiting Help

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
I have never grown any drugs in my life nor have I ever tried mushrooms. My friend has 6 spore syringes of different strains that he's kept in his A/c for some months. My other friends tried to grow some but their mycelium got contaminated but they have a bunch of equipment like lights and timers for it.

I will be using their shit and collonizing the mycelium under my bed but I need a place to fruit the shrooms. I live with my parents and my mother said she does not want me growing shrooms in the house. Yes I asked her.

Anyway I'll be using the PF Tek method but there's NOWHERE other than under my bed I can fruit them. I know this isn't wise but I figure if I regulate the temperature somehow and use the lights and timers it could work. I live in the tropics and temperatures peak between 30-35 degrees celcius during the day and drop to about 20-27. I know the shrooms need to be kept at 27 degrees so do you guys have any ideas on how I can go about this?

there's also no brown rice flour around but ima just grind brown rice till powdery. My other friends who tried that got their mycelium contaminated cuz there were chunks in the substrate. He didn't grind it enough.

Bad idea to go against your parents will. As long as you live in their house, they make the rules for you. Think of it this way…. If you grew mushrooms and somehow the cops found out and came to your parents place, your parents would have a lot of problems due to you growing mushrooms in their house. Just think of the legal, and social ramifications for them.

I grow mushrooms for personal use, but I have my own apartment and I make sure I do everything I can to stay out of prying eyes sight (i.e.. the apartments title is not in my name, my mail doesn't come here, ext.)..

Plus with the conditions you mentioned for your FC, you'll fail in getting anything viable. BTW lights aren't important for mushrooms, they are a fugue and do not use solar energy to sustain themselves. Pretty mush all light does is tell the pins on the cakes which way to grow.

You will hardly be able to conceal it... You would have to cool it, and that would make noise.
You dont have to leave it in the light all the time, so o e solution would be letting them in the light when your parents are not home, and puttin them back under the bed when theyre around.
Or, even better, do what I did: tell your mom yore growing shiitake, but when the fruits are ready you tell her it was contaminated and you had to throw it away...

fuck it i guess. Is there any other way of fruiting them that I can use? cuz if anything i'll ask my aunt but idk

I'm more worried about the temperatures than anything. this country is too hot!

May I ask what is the ambient temperature and humidity of where you're from. Apart from a SGFC for cakes, theres not many other options. And a SGFC needs to have fresh air circulating around it. Also if the FC is under your bed, I would think there would be a lot of contams and still stale air there, not very suitable for mushroom growth.

i can sanitize the area it's not that hard. i could also find a way for circulation. There's no computers other than my laptop in the room and that shouldn't really make much heat and there's nothing related in their. I have a lot of lights in my room but i'll keep the dimmest one on when needed. I don't know much about the humidity but my aunt has a dehumidifier if that counts for anything. I doubt she'll let me borrow it but i may find away to dehumidify my room

No offence or anything, but growing mushrooms isn't something that you can just Willy nilly dick your way through. Ive taken up mycology and before i even thought about a set up or anything i read all about mushrooms, their growing conditions, what to do/not do for a few months. I suggest just buying off someone because im pretty sure youre in for a lot of disappointmentif you try and grow.

If you're absolutely set on growing where you're not allowed to grow, it can be done.

Can you hide a 2 quart mason jar? Or several, depending on how many cakes you've got?

I use a 1/2 inch cut disk of pvc pipe as a riser on which to place the colonized cake. The pvc riser itself goes on the mason jar lid and the mason jar gets screwed on top of the lid, enclosing the riser and cake. It provides a microclimate with no need to mist or fan. Exposing the cake to light for few hours is sufficient to get things started. Obviously you want a jar that is tall enough for the mushrooms to grow 'up'. Google this tek and you'll find information.

Basically you want a 'zombie' fruiting chamber that will work with no intervention or electricity needed. Humidity shouldn't be a problem; temperature will.

Tom

What's the name of the tek? and my friends have a bunch of mason jars cuz they were growing a "sea of green" but got busted by their parents.

How can i regulate the temp tom?

If you're absolutely set on growing where you're not allowed to grow, it can be done.

Can you hide a 2 quart mason jar? Or several, depending on how many cakes you've got?

I use a 1/2 inch cut disk of pvc pipe as a riser on which to place the colonized cake. The pvc riser itself goes on the mason jar lid and the mason jar gets screwed on top of the lid, enclosing the riser and cake. It provides a microclimate with no need to mist or fan. Exposing the cake to light for few hours is sufficient to get things started. Obviously you want a jar that is tall enough for the mushrooms to grow 'up'. Google this tek and you'll find information.

Basically you want a 'zombie' fruiting chamber that will work with no intervention or electricity needed. Humidity shouldn't be a problem; temperature will.

Tom

that seems easy enough. just use a table saw and cut the PVC the right length. how could you make the ventilation ports? i guess you could use a nail and hammer. i think you really require a drill press if you cut them right. if you could secretly acquire the use of the table saw, drill press, and PVC then you could probably grow the mushrooms without getting evicted.

on this day I think free food, water, electricity, and rent beats dying of hypothermia.

Last edited:
What's the name of the tek? and my friends have a bunch of mason jars cuz they were growing a "sea of green" but got busted by their parents.

How can i regulate the temp tom?

It's called 'chronic tek' If you google that phrase exactly (using google as the search engine) the second hit should be a link to the pdf file that can get you started. It does work, not great at first....but better as you keep at it.

The temperature - no idea. I've got my own place and can run the air conditioning or heating set to whatever I want. I can block off air vents or run single room heating or cooling as needed. From what I gather that would kill the stealth aspect. And if you don't have to worry about stealth, there isn't too much need to do this tek. It is something very easy for a few cakes though.

I've heard about. but *never* tried using dry ice.

I wish you luck.

Tom