• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Muscle twitching

Seraphim614

Greenlighter
One month ago i began a kratom cold turkey which gave me severe restless leg syndrome. 5 days into the detox i was given some baclofen and ended up substituting one addiction for the other. I tapered off the baclofen from 60 mg a day to 2.5 mg a day over the course of 2 weeks and began to experience bad muscle twitches and rls in the process. Took gabapentin (low doses, 300 mg to 900 mg) to ease the rls and sleep over the course of about 4 days and am now day 4 without anything. My muscle twitches are pretty bad in my legs and they have been non-stop throughout the day and are keeping me awake qt night.. Making it a chore to sleep and ruining my quality of life. Have i fried my brain? Will this ever get better? I just want to be happy sober, but i am awake at 6 AM ready to cry wondering when this will stop. I feel like i kindled with the gabapentin. Does anyone have a similar experience to share? Will this ever end? I am running 2 to 4 miles a day.. Taking epsom salt baths, taking magnesium potassium vitamin D.. Rolling my legs. Are my GABA receptors fried? I don't know what to do anymore. Even juicing 3 times a day to try to expedite whatever neurological process is occurring.

I was on a large amount of phenibut from 01/19 to 1/20. Could this be a kindling effect making things worse? I never had rls kicking the phenibut. Just 2 hrs of sleep every night.

A few years ago when I was using phenibut pretty frequently I developed a twitch in my legs. After stopping my phenibut usage it went back to normal after about half a year.

Maybe your body is a bit stressed out, try pushing more magnesium into your diet. Vitamins don't absorb very much by themselves so eating foods that are rich in the vitamins you are taking boosts them that's why they are recommended after a nice meal.

Also try fitting more amino acids into your diet. Animal proteins, such as meat, eggs, and milk, are complete proteins, meaning they provide all of the essential amino acids our body needs. Give it a few days and you'll be normal again.

I dont take any gabapentinoids but lithium carbonate makes me twitch outta no where somtimes like bad enough to where I might drop something happens 2 or so times a day