• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Muscle Relaxers

LaBlueEyes

Bluelighter
I need to find a new muscle relaxer for my doctor to prescribe. I'm currently on Robaxin n I take those like candy. I've already tried Flexeril, Backoflen(something like that), Zanaflex, and Skelaxin I believe. Is there anything else that actually works besides Soma?

Valium? I know recommending a benzo isn't ideal but if none the else works and you are willing to weigh the benefit vs the risk then I'd say ask your doctor about it.

I guess Valium or another benzo like Xanax couldn't hurt - unless of course you plan to abuse them. I don't know much, if anything at all, about muscle relaxers as I've only ever had them a handful of times (legitimate scripts for legitimate reasons, not for recreation) and you've listed the only 2 that I've ever had. If your doctor has had you try all of those and none work better than the other, then what was his suggestion? Assuming he gave you one that is.

I can't have Xanax or Valium with all my pain meds. Too much risk for respiratory depression. I was on Xanax for 10+ years.