• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Muscle relaxant properties from benzos

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Hey there

Just want to find out from a personal point of view which benzo do you find to have the best muscle relaxant properties excluding muscle relaxants themselves. For me its always been between diazepam and bromazepam but a lot of people say clonazepam helps with that too. I dislike clonazepam for many reasons but if i had to use it during night time for a good sleep, do you think clonazepam is good for that property or should i stick with what i have or what im doing.

But if i do have to go with a muscle relaxant, i always go with xycan (piroxicam but it makes my eczema worse i think).

Any thoughts?

clonazepam is more muscle relaxant than alprazolam and some other benzos, but for that purpose i prefer Diazepam, or lorazepam.

Among the benzos I've used nitrazepam gives me the most muscle relaxation .But I've only tried Diazepam, Alprazolam,Lorazepam, Librium,Temazepam,Clonazepam and Etizolam (recreationallly).
Among all I've tried, I love nitrazepam the most for recreational use as it has the most noticeable anti anxiolytic effect for me.Most would disagree tho as its more of a hypnotic benzo.

My vote based on personal experience:

1.) diazepam
2.) nitrazepam
3.) clonazepam
4.) lorazepam
5.) alprazolam
6.) bromazepam

But it all depends on dosages and if you need to stay functional or you can lay down relaxing/go to sleep.

I liked nitrazepam, but its strong and more often than not blacked out before I could relax with it.

Diazepam or alprazolam for me.

Bromazepam didn't do much tbh.

Diazepam without a shadow of a doubt. I have dislocations and sometimes I get really bad muscle spasms around the joint so I need a good muscle relaxer and diazepam gets it done every time. 5mg sublingual and within 5/10 mins or even quicker actually I am good.

Diazepam is well known and medically documented as having muscle relaxant properties to it. I’d definitely vote diazepam too and I’ve tried just about all of the benzos around

For some reason diazepam barely relaxes my muscles, never gotten any worthwhile effects from it tbh... I think this is an unpopular opinion but I find benzos pretty much useless when it comes to physical relaxation, I would take carisoprodol over any benzo.
Among benzos I'd say midazolam is the one which provides the best muscle relaxation IME, though diazepam is the reference for that (IIRC diaz is the only FDA-approved benzo for the treatment of muscle spasms).

My doctor has been prescribing me Clonazepam for anxiety and for muscle spasms but i don't find them do anything other then calm my nerves. Diazepam didn't work either.

So weird how benzo's and there properties work differently for different people but think we know that by now. Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Seems for me personally, diazepam and bromazepam still works the best but xycam works wonders too for me but that is then just another extra med to take again.

Hey there

Just want to find out from a personal point of view which benzo do you find to have the best muscle relaxant properties excluding muscle relaxants themselves. For me its always been between diazepam and bromazepam but a lot of people say clonazepam helps with that too. I dislike clonazepam for many reasons but if i had to use it during night time for a good sleep, do you think clonazepam is good for that property or should i stick with what i have or what im doing.

But if i do have to go with a muscle relaxant, i always go with xycan (piroxicam but it makes my eczema worse i think).

Any thoughts?
My choices go mostly against common opinions.. and I've only tried either on a few occasions. But Tetrazepam, and Temazepam have the most noticeable muscle relaxant effects for me.