• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Muscle knots/lumps in back after Meth use. Whyy?

I Registered

Greenlighter
I have done some due diligence and this is my last resort.My fiance uses Meth recreationally (once or twice on the weekends) and has been getting knots in his back. These are not found in just one spot, but at random. I have done the best that I can to discover what they are, but nothing. I am not sure if they are just knots in the muscles themselves or something that I should be highly concerned about. They seem to come and go just as inflammation would but I am concerned.If anyone has any information/experience this would be appreciated.

most likely that it's a potent stimulant. the central nervous system controls muscle tone, when overly stimulated, muscles can become hypertonic. there's also the nervous twitch that some people have.

you probably don't feel it until after the methamphetamine use because it's also a potent analgesic.

homeless -> basic drug discussion

welcome to bluelight

Stretches and regular movement will solve this. Sitting in one place for hours always kills my back.

I have only smoked meth a few dozen time over the past 40 years so my experience is limited.
Decades ago I only felt the typically strong stimulant effect but after a serious lower spine injury I was left with permanent severe chronic back pain and accompanied related lower back muscle spasms.
Now when I try meth it really aggravates the muscle tension spasms and thus results in more severe pain.
Meth has never been a favorite drug of choice but due to these meth aggravated already existing symptoms it has no appeal to me personally. I have monthly prescriptions of morphine SR 100 mg once every 12 hours, diazepam 10 mg 3 x day, 4 mg tizanidine 3x/day and hydrocodone/APAP 10/325 mg 4x/day.
Diazepam and tizanidine were helpful in reducing the aggravated lower back muscle spasms after trying meth.
I have no idea whether or not you also have any pre-existing problems with muscle spasms. In any case, there could be many reasons why this particular batch of meth you are using is very pure or is adulterated but a purer batch or contaminated batch could be reasons why this time your experience is different. Maybe your anxiety is heightened? Who can say?
If any batch of any street drug is producing anomalous side effects I feel are unpleasant I stop using that batch. Most meth users would consume the particular batch despite the untoward side effects; at least I've never seen a tweaker toss out his/her meth. Diazepam is widely accepted as an adjunct for ameliorating meth effects and another muscle relaxant on hand is likely to help manage acute symptoms. Long hot showers or baths can be helpful. Bad or adulterated batches are always a possibility with illegal street drugs. Good luck.

I have done some due diligence and this is my last resort.My fiance uses Meth recreationally (once or twice on the weekends) and has been getting knots in his back. These are not found in just one spot, but at random. I have done the best that I can to discover what they are, but nothing. I am not sure if they are just knots in the muscles themselves or something that I should be highly concerned about. They seem to come and go just as inflammation would but I am concerned.If anyone has any information/experience this would be appreciated.
Scoliosis condition induced by methamphetamine use is a ongoing clinical study.