• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Multiple Powdered Drugs -- Insufflation Instruments

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
The potential for disease transmission from sharing straws and the like for snorting C-Jam, Dilaudid, smack and so forth is well documented, with small areas of broken membranes being the portal of entry, something which seems to bring with it the risk of infection in general, so I am thinking that currency is not a perfect thing to use as well. Over the past few years I have been experimenting with the possibility of insufflation, both powder and liquid in a nasal spray bottle, as a route of administration for the hydromorphone and nicomorphine I am scripted on a rotation of a few months for breakthrough pain with the help of the doctor and her nurses and a compounding pharmacist and I have found that the barrel of a pyrex eyedropper (it can be regular glass too of course; I think I actually got these droppers at the same place I got the pyrex shot glasses and soup bowls) can be disassembled from the bulb and used as a washable and sterilisable insufflation instrument, and also with the bulb as a third way to use the nose as a route of administration: use a dropper such as this to instill a liquid into the nose of the medication and sterile water or saline. This also allows me to administer the liquid oxycodone-hyoscine-ephedrine combination from the compounders as well. I pull the dose from the phial and then remove the blunt filling needle and use the syringe to instill the liquid, and liquids can go into nasal spray bottles or be used with droppers as well.

In fact, in the XIX. Century, Dr Birney's Catarrhal Powder, whose fans were known as Birney Blowers, which came in bottles of powder with I think five grains of C-Jam making up 97 per cent of the dose, was administered through a glass tube which was to be loaded with the powder, and the tube was attached to a rubber hose into which the patient blew:
attachment.php

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=650004&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341152481
and the instructions are shown in a number of books about drugs . . . Nose Candy in particular . . .

Additionally, I have used as well as well a quite small silver spoon for tea which doubles as a large-size C-Jam (and medicinal powders like hydromorphone) spoon as well as a set of gold and silver straws used for communion wine from a small antique set of such implements. I have heard that jewelers can get or make these kind of straws and figured that they are for Bolivian Marching Powder, as well as straws and small spoons made of platinum, palladium, steel, hafnium, titanium, niobium or anything else . . . any implement made with metal containing copper and/or silver has at least some surface anti-microbial properties, and there are hypo-allergenic surgical steels as well a titanium and other unreactive or readily passivating metals from aluminium to tantalum alloys which can be used for implements.

Last edited: