• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Multi part question about ms contin how it’s released and plugging

Bag84

Bluelighter
Ok. So I’ve been searching and searching for a long long time for these answers and can’t seem to find them so here goes.

1. I have some generic MS Contin (orange round morphine sulphate extended release pills with ABG 60 imprint by Watson pharm) and I want to know since these are time release I know they release 60 mg of morphine over an 8 hour period, but I want to know how much is released at a time. Ie does it release the first 30mg right away and then the next 30mg 4 hours later or does it release smaller amounts hourly etc?

2. can the time release be broken on these and if so how? I don’t do needles, I was planning on taking orally (I know the BA is terrible) but I really want to plug them so if there is a way to break the time release on them and prepare them for plugging that would be the best answer I can hope for.
Thanks in advance

Years ago when the tip of my syringe had broke off and wasn't able to get any more rigs that late in the night so I ended up preparing a 30mg Morphine tablet the same way I would prepare it for IV, and plugged the solution.
Seemed to work, but wasn't sure of the % in the ROAs related to Morphine.

Crush into a powder mix with water and administer via an oral syringe rectally.

As to the first question there are a number of variables. They aren't engineered with that type of precision. Essentially they are just blended with waxy substances to slow absorption.

Reactions: Ds
Years ago when the tip of my syringe had broke off and wasn't able to get any more rigs that late in the night so I ended up preparing a 30mg Morphine tablet the same way I would prepare it for IV, and plugged the solution.
Seemed to work, but wasn't sure of the % in the ROAs related to Morphine.
Was it ms contin or was it instant release morphine? If it were an IR pill I was dealing with id just crush it up and add some water and load the syringe and plug it. But since it’s ER I’m not sure how it would react to crushing and adding water. I know some gel up but I have no experience with morphine or any type of ER pills (other than taking them orally). Also. Do you happen to remember the imprint and color of the pill you had?

Crush into a powder mix with water and administer via an oral syringe rectally.

As to the first question there are a number of variables. They aren't engineered with that type of precision. Essentially they are just blended with waxy substances to slow absorption.
Is that the same for the ABG 60 ones? I remember a few months ago my uncle cursed one and it didn’t crush like a normal IR pill. It wasn’t powder like the instant release pills. It almost looked like really tiny grains that would kinda clump together. There was no water added so I’m not sure how it would react and I dint want to waste this by crushing it and. It being able to plug it.

Was it ms contin or was it instant release morphine? If it were an IR pill I was dealing with id just crush it up and add some water and load the syringe and plug it. But since it’s ER I’m not sure how it would react to crushing and adding water. I know some gel up but I have no experience with morphine or any type of ER pills (other than taking them orally). Also. Do you happen to remember the imprint and color of the pill you had?
Sorry but all I know it was waxyer then fuck, and had to cook/break it down like I would do when prepping an OC 80mg tablet (had to act quick because the longer the solution would sit in the cooker the quicker it would re-solidify). Way more to it then just crushing up and adding to water. Not sure how wax gets absorbed into the blood vessels downstairs.

Mine were ms contin 60 and 100mg.

I should have mentioned it required some heat. But I only injected them. They require a fair amount of processing. Never plugged morphine.

Hey... I'm a little late to the party. Long time opiate user. Been of the needle for several years after 12 years of the bullshit. Lol.
I have a lot of major medical issues (I just lost my left leg) So, I'm on pain meds... one of which is orange 60mg McKesson Morphine ER. I just went up from the 30s and they were super easy... just clean off the coating...crush and snort. Literally almost no gelling. These 60s though, it seems that there are tiny harder separate grains as well as fine powder. I went ahead and crushed it and insuffilated one. I did notice a small amount of gel but nothing significant and I'm feeling pretty damn good atm. Lol.
Think that brand is pretty good for ER to IR. I was so happy when I saw them crush to almost powder!