• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Muira Puama (Gaba Antagonist) - strong Benzo potentiation!?

Soulfake

Bluelighter
I had once taken some Etizolam over a night, maybe 3-5mg. Because of the "Benzo creativity" I always got especially with Etizolam (it´s really a wonder drug in that term - it gives me unbelievable creative thought processes and ideas like no other drug, I´m really sad it´s already illegal in my country :X ) I somehow wondered how a gaba antagonist would effect it, so I took about 2g of Muira Puama powder thinking that it would reduce the effects or give me somehow even more "clarity" (which I usually have anyways with the uplifting triazolo-benzos (never with hypnotic ones, that´s why I don´t like them) but after about an hour it felt as if the effects almost doubled - it was like drinking a beer on top of a good benzo dose, strong wobbly feeling and lack of coordination, but in a nice way, not as dirty as alcohol.

Can anyone explain that strange interaction of a Gaba Antagonist potentiating Benzodiazepines?

I'd chalk it up to placebo, the effects of BZDs are very much mentally influenced, esp. the euphoric and relaxing effects.

2 grams of that stuff is not likely to be pharmacologically active.

I dont understand what chemicals are the active ones and how much is in the extract.