• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids MST 30mg sustained release

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay guys recently prescribed these upto 4 tablets of 30mg sustained release morphine sulfate tablets upto 4 times per day. How long is it suppose to take until this medicine actually starts to work ?

The first day i had 2 but along with codeine and diazepam so i did feel somewhat effect but hours later if anything. This isnt sufficient for me and needs to work more rapidly. I have tried dissolving in soda but that hasnt seemed to take a real effect, i dissolved 70mg too.

I thought its best to ask before just trying it but does crushing and snorting make these pills work faster, i have read bits and bats but nothing full on confirming. So this being a harm reduction site, i would like to ask before just trying please

Last edited:
Morphine isn't very effective with oral route, pretty much the same nasally as well. The most effective way is intravenous route but shooting instant release pills is asking for trouble but shooting extended release is really very dangerous; people loose limbs because of this practice.

What people with real life experience with morphine and studies of Morphine bioavailability via different routes of administration both come to the same conclusion which states that taking morphine rectally (up to) %70 bioavailability) is about twice as strong/ effective as orally or nasally (~%30 bioavailability) administered morphine.

So if you don't have a problem with taking your medication rectally in order to double it's efficiency, you can try this by crushing the pill and shooting it up your back using a syringe without the needle. It comes on much more rapidly, some even feel a little rush and to be safe, try to use half your regular amount.

Make sure that you aren't constipated and don't push the whole barrel in. You don't want it to reach the upper part of rectum because this causes the medicine to be digested as it would be with the oral route; you want the veins close to the exit to be the vessel for morphine (or any other substance that is used this way). It's safe and very efficient.
Good luck.

Hi guys I have a bunch of 30mg purple MST prolonged release morphine sulfate pills. I have crushed on and fined it out best I can as swallowing whole really isn’t helping in time at all I have even spoke to my doc about this nothing they are willing to do

so if I crush 30mg start small to find my threshold as I normally take around 240mg codeine per day to achieve a nice effect and good pain relief but it does not last long hence the switch. I need to know before just going ahead as I’m very impatient when in pain like now

so would snorting a crushed pill break the time release barrier and should this medication give me a euphoric feel like codeine which is kind of what I’m expecting as it helps me greatly with my sort of chronic pain.

kind regards

I have been on MST Continus, Vendal, and MS-Contin for many years and I also have come across ways of making it work better. MST Continus is the best in my experience for doing what you are wondering about, and Mallinckrodt generic MS-Contin.

Simply chewing the tablets and washing them down with a Brown Fizzy Caffeine Beverage like Coca-Cola or their Lemon-Line analogues like Sprite will give you the extra blast of euphoria/analgesia that you need, and it also retains much of the extended-release effect as well. The bubbles drive the medication through the stomach wall more rapidly and the other ingredients also speed absorption.

You can also snort it two ways: Crush the tablet and snort it, or follow the injection preparation process to the powder stage and snort that.

This will appear in pieces over the next hour or so as we are having internet connectivity problems in the neighbourhood and I do not want to write out the whole thing and then lose it, so I will denote at the end and with the -30- mark when it is finished

I. Removing The Coating
In both cases, you will want to remove the coloured coating from the tablet as it has 1-13 per cent of the listed morphine dose in it. Either suck it off, lick it off, or put the tablets in water with about 0.2 to 1 per cent by volume of lime or lemon juice in it, and shake, drink the liquid, and, if tablets are anything short of completely white, replace the liquid with more of the citrus and water combination (which uses spring water, distilled water, or carbonated bottled water) and repeat the process until there are white tablets which will stick together as a mass on drying. Allow this tablet or conglomeration thereof to air dry, or, preferably, put in a microwave on a solid non-porous surface like a plate or bowl, and cook for 60 seconds at high power. Do not worry if there is a colour change, small curls of smoke, or scorching -- this only helps you more with the next step.

II. Crisping
The tablet(s) have various waxes and other excipients in them which cause the gelling of the tablets when wet. The minute of moderate heat began the breakdown of the waxes, and a quick blast of intense heat will finish the process. You will want to take one tablet, or the dried mass of tablets (try to get it off the plate or bowl in one piece for the sake of convenience. Pick up the tablet/s with tweezers or another way to be able to hold them and not burn your fingers. Play the flame of a lighter over the surface of the tablets until they are black, and a small amount of smoke and even flame if extinguished quickly is actually preferable.

III. Powdering
Take a mortar and pestle or other method of grinding tablets and grind to the finest possible consistency. You will now have a pink powder with white, pink, brown, and black specks which can be snorted or processed further for injection. The steps below are what is needed to make the injection.

IV. Separation of Wax and Liquid
There s a difference amongst the different manufacturers' tablets as far as how well they work. Word of mouth and experience are the two ways of determining which are best . . . M is for Morphine.

CR Alders Wright reported getting a brown liquid from the hard black product from an alternative method of processing the powder, and complete absence of waxy elements to his organisation's leavings and the liquid, a very clear brown colour.

Get a vessel for heating (A "cooker" as you usually use) put the powder in whilst the cooker is dry. Tap and jiggle the cooker to make the powder an even depth across the bottom of the cooker. You will want to use 0.9 per cent/9 per mille (isotonic) saline solution for this step as the salt in it helps with the congealing of the wax. Add enough liquid to cover the powder and then some more, 4 ml for one tablet, plus 0.5 ml per each additional tablet, and mix thoroughly by stirring with a needle cover. Heat the mixture over a heat source that can be used hands-free up to a minute, and momentarily allow to boil, and the surface will appear waxy and is insolubles floating on a purple liquid layer. Use an eyedropper to draw off lower liquid layer and put in a second cooker.

Keep the wax left in the cooker. It can be used for a second and usually third extraction. Do not discard the wax, and allow to cool and swallow the ball of wax.

V. Filtration of Liquid
Use the usual filtering method to draw the solution into the second cooker. The liquid can be anything from amber to very dark purple, and should be transparent when filtered thoroughly. A micron wheel filter or IV inline filter is optimal, and since your final product is the result of oxidation of some of the inert ingredients and is present in both the waxy and liquid portion, and is the same for the 15 (blue) 30 (purple or mauve) 60 (orange) 100 (grey) 200 (sky blue) -- so you want something resembling anything from beer to grape juice when held up to the light.

-30-​

Last edited:
Morphine isn't very effective with oral route, pretty much the same nasally as well. The most effective way is intravenous route but shooting instant release pills is asking for trouble but shooting extended release is really very dangerous; people loose limbs because of this practice.

What people with real life experience with morphine and studies of Morphine bioavailability via different routes of administration both come to the same conclusion which states that taking morphine rectally (up to) %70 bioavailability) is about twice as strong/ effective as orally or nasally (~%30 bioavailability) administered morphine.

So if you don't have a problem with taking your medication rectally in order to double it's efficiency, you can try this by crushing the pill and shooting it up your back using a syringe without the needle. It comes on much more rapidly, some even feel a little rush and to be safe, try to use half your regular amount.

Make sure that you aren't constipated and don't push the whole barrel in. You don't want it to reach the upper part of rectum because this causes the medicine to be digested as it would be with the oral route; you want the veins close to the exit to be the vessel for morphine (or any other substance that is used this way). It's safe and very efficient.
Good luck.

Do i Add water to it if I’m going to plug it ? How does it work once I have the syringe and pill crushed

Crush your pill. Get a 2 or 3 ml syringe and draw in water to fill it 3/4 full. Mix the crushed up pill with all the water in the barrel either in another vessel or just in the barrel without using another vessel. Try to dissolve the particles as much as you can. Now you can use it.