• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Thoughts Most Overrated Books? (In YOUR Opinion)

you already read everything by douglas adams?

No... I will have to check him out

Claiming It as being overrated is a hate crime against fiction.

Couldn't stand The Great Gatsby. Barely any plot and the characters are all incredibly vapid and dull.

I concur with these sentiments. Although I enjoyed the Great Gatsby a lot of the characters were vapid and dull but I also think that that was Fitzgerald's intent as an illustration of the juxtaposition between the world that the main character was alluded to have arisen from and his present company. The differences between the old guard(money) and the new arrivals(new money). Polite vapid society and this mysterious underworld character with more class and substance than all of the entire established wealth combined.

Hipster alert!!!!

Anything by William S. Borroughs. There, I've said it...

Although it's incredibly hip 'n' cool to say what a literary genius he was, he wasnt really, was he?

No. His writing style was a couple of hundred pages of stream of consciousness bullshit that would only satisfy those most desperate to belong...

Tbc, I liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books, but they needed a heavy-handed editor, methinks. 🙂

harry effing potter, I mean I know it's a book for kids but there are some kid's books that I stll enjoy. Like all about the Moomins, especially the one about the comet, loving it.
but harry potter just didn't do it for me, I honestly don't get why it's so popular