• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Most harm reduction possible

ablom

Greenlighter
First off I am new to this site so apologies if I post something that has already been posted.
I am wondering if SWIM:
A.) Uses a new & sterile needle, cooker, micron filter
B.) Has clean and sanitized hands, tie off, scale, etc
C.) Does not use old cottons to do a "rinse"
if there is still risk for infection?
I have a very near and dear friend who contracted a heart infection and is noW on her death bed from reinfection, AFTER a heart valve replacement.
SWIM is looking into treatment right now TO GET HELP but in the mean time wanted to know if SWIM isn't using old cottons etc,. if there is a.) anything else SWIM can do to help not get infections or b.) if there is a high risk just from using the heroin itself?

Thank you and any tips are greatly appreciated.

There is a high risk in heroin itself, you have no idea what you are putting in your body even with perfect practice, equipment, and technique you never know when you might get bitten by fent, tainted powder, water soluble chemicals that might kill you. Your best bet is really just to stop. That said you are doing a very good job about being safe... as safe as one can be. But in this game you WILL eventually lose... and you will lose big time.

I would think seeing what happened to your friend would be enough to immediately get you into rehab, and to do it for yourself. You are watching someone die essentially and thinking about getting high? Does that make you a bad person? NO. But it does mean your addiction has become so massive that subconsciously you crave it more than you crave life. Think about that for a little while... A dear friend of your is dying, you are watching it happen... and you still want to use... addiction is a disease, and you are sick. Let's see if we can get you help and make you sick of it so you can start over my friend. Best of luck, be safe, and God bless your friend.

Back in 2006 fentynal laced heroin was going around and one of my best buddies died from it. It was terrible and I feel like a bad human being but I wanted to score some of that dope at the sametime I was crying about his death. You can only be so safe but do you know where that dope has been and how many others(that don't know you from a can of paint) hands it's passed through. Please,if this was really a wake up call you'd stop hitting the snooze button.

there's a very high risk with the heroin itself not even counting the question re: who the hell knows what it's cut with without being able to lab test it, and who's butt muled/smuggled it into your country/city in.

This is why micron filtration is of the utmost importance when IVing and also to never reuse a needle. always use sterile water and all sterile everything, if one aspect of your prep process is not sterile, the entire shot is compromised. always wash your hands first.

Oh boy, MRI showed scarring in the lungs which was probably talc and other junk. Thought the cotton swab was the way to go. Perfected making W which cost a lot of time and money even though LeJunk had the formula written out. Now learning to clean H. Think the filter will still be necessary, even with cleaned H? Thanks again

Couldn't hurt to filter only help. The talc sounds like pills not filtered well enough were IV or up the nose as crushed pill powder.