• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most effective / efficient way to vaporize DMT?

JohnsonE

Greenlighter
Was just curious as to which is the best way to smoke DMT, more specifically, how to light/torch it so as to not waste any

Hi!

The title is misleading, the term 'activation' is often used for 'oral activation' by means of MAO inhibition. That is how ayahuasca works.
Let me change it in a minute.

There are numerous smoking apparatus and smoking technique threads, so use the search engine. To sum up though I'd say that:
- using a metal mesh (like choreboy) in your pipe works well to apply the DMT on, then warm it up a little so that the DMT melts onto the metal, then carefully vape. This achieves better and even distribution of applied heat.
- Using an inert material to cushion at the bottom to prevent DMT from seeping away is also smart, just like covering the DMT to protect it from being licked by a flame and burned. Though the latter is much less necessary with metal meshing.
- some devices like 'The Machine' / DMT machine are reported to be very effective but IMO there is no reason why another type of pipe with metal meshing wouldn't work just about as well. I think the magic from The Machine comes from that idea.
- especially when you don't have a proper smoking apparatus and the DMT is just sitting there it can be easy to burn the DMT because temperatures from a flame / torch can run hot. So learn to hold the flame close without actually applying it to the DMT, and using your breath to suck in the hot air coming from the flame, which of course draws the flame which then kinda licks your DMT anyway. Use something other than DMT to finetune the technique. Again especially with conventional smoking apparatuses.

Hi!

The title is misleading, the term 'activation' is often used for 'oral activation' by means of MAO inhibition. That is how ayahuasca works.
Let me change it in a minute.

There are numerous smoking apparatus and smoking technique threads, so use the search engine. To sum up though I'd say that:
- using a metal mesh (like choreboy) in your pipe works well to apply the DMT on, then warm it up a little so that the DMT melts onto the metal, then carefully vape. This achieves better and even distribution of applied heat.
- Using an inert material to cushion at the bottom to prevent DMT from seeping away is also smart, just like covering the DMT to protect it from being licked by a flame and burned. Though the latter is much less necessary with metal meshing.
- some devices like 'The Machine' / DMT machine are reported to be very effective but IMO there is no reason why another type of pipe with metal meshing wouldn't work just about as well. I think the magic from The Machine comes from that idea.
- especially when you don't have a proper smoking apparatus and the DMT is just sitting there it can be easy to burn the DMT because temperatures from a flame / torch can run hot. So learn to hold the flame close without actually applying it to the DMT, and using your breath to suck in the hot air coming from the flame, which of course draws the flame which then kinda licks your DMT anyway. Use something other than DMT to finetune the technique. Again especially with conventional smoking apparatuses.

This. Amazing answer Solipsis. This covers everything you need to know about vaporizing DMT. Good reference here too for a DIY device if metal mesh medium isn't available.

thank you ;)

By the way always heat the shit out of metal meshing before you use it, there can be leftover machine oils and stuff on there that will generate smoke before you are rid of it.

Wow this was extremely helpful. Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your knowledge. I will put it to good use