• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Most commonly used "recreational" drug - it's probably marijuana/cannabis, right?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Seems to have the strongest reputation, rap songs etc., are forever "rapping" its praises.

In Amsterdam legalization of certain drugs is in place, but "coffeeshops" seem by far and away what its best known for.

I know there's "smartshops" that in the past have dealt in mephadrone, GHB and psilocybin but again, the coffeeshop seems more popular.

In general drug culture, mdma, cocaine, lsd, ketamine, amphetamine etc are typically considered more "hard" drugs, therefore not really partaken of in the same "sociable" manner (or are they?).

Long question short: the most commonly used and popular drug is.....? (plz omit alcohol, caffeine etc.)..

Probably depends where in the world you are and what is most readily available to you.

Street kids in some African countries huff solvents/glue because that's what they got.

Anywhere that grows weed will probably be weed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Polish kids do loads of speed.

Etc

Also alcohol totally counts in countries where it isn't legal.

I hope this answer was pedantic enough.

I agree about it being largely what is available to the different cultures. In my experience and baby boomer status in this world I would have to say weed is the most commonly used in the "soft "category.

Methamphetamine seems to be giving weed a run for its money in the "hard" category.

GDR-2020.jpg

Source: World drug report 2020

Is that based on people reporting their own drug use? Maybe cocaine users are just more secretive :unsure:

Is that based on people reporting their own drug use? Maybe cocaine users are just more secretive :unsure:
No, I believe it's an estimation based on multiple sources of information from many different countries (multiple surveys, drug seizures, arrests, intelligence reports, etc...). It's a pretty good report done by the United Nations, they even discuss current drug use trends on a country-by-country basis.

On the other hand, this one is exclusively from an online survey: https://www.globaldrugsurvey.com/gds-2020/
Cocaine users aren't that secretive after all :ROFLMAO: (This data is much less reliable than the one from the world drug report though, but it's still interesting).
survey-2020.jpg

Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and cannabis are the most used psychoactive substances in the world.

Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and cannabis are the most used psychoactive substances in the world.
But on recreation level ime Cannabis rank's higher as Alcohol.
Nicotine and caffeine are more reinforcing then re-creative.

Booze is a different category as it imo is less re-creative as Weed. Its way reinforcing, and very good as an add on drug. While it combines poor at best or deadly at worst with other substance's.

lol reminded me of this guy
Me too never done Coke.

Never went to any shady apartment with Morrocan's or Jamaican's sellin'. Neither did i see the kid who asked where is my mom:
The mother was at work as prostitute.

Met junky's that came to score crack and heroin or had to see a 10 year old weigh my Peruvian marching powder.

Bad shit with an even worse scene!

Me too never done Coke.

Never went to any shady apartment with Morrocan's or Jamaican's sellin'. Neither did i see the kid who asked where is my mom:
The mother was at work as prostitute.

Met junky's that came to score crack and heroin or had to see a 10 year old weigh my Peruvian marching powder.

Bad shit with an even worse scene!
Shit, I once went to some motel looking area to buy some weed from a friends connection. They txt in to say we're here, next thing I know a 8 yo little kid comes out with my weed. I gave him the money and drove off lol.

Shit, I once went to some motel looking area to buy some weed from a friends connection. They txt in to say we're here, next thing I know a 8 yo little kid comes out with my weed. I gave him the money and drove off lol.
Don't you find it weird that there are parent's that have their kid's sell drug's.

That thought would never cross my mind. I mean selling drugs is something that is not my thing. I am in no way commercial enough. But I do care about my kid's, so how and why someone decided to let his or her kid do the job amaze's me.

Got me off Coke totally, which was the good thing about it. but in general, this is something I truly despise. making your kid's do that kinda thing.

Not at my house. At least not since my kid moved out. I’m decades away from touching anything green.