• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Most Anticipated Games of 2012

MrGrunge

Bluelighter
Mass Effect 3 - Loved the first game, loved the second game ever more (minus all the boring mining), so Bioware is gonna have to step their game up for the third one. I'm not worried though, Bioware knows what they're doing.

Never Dead - Konami's E3 preview of this game really intrigued me. I don't really know much about it other than I want to play it.

Twisted Metal - I'm going to buy a PS3 the day this game is released. That's the bottom line. The Twisted Metal games pretty much defined my childhood, so there's no way I'm going to miss this one. I would sell my unborn child for this game.

Borderlands 2 - The first game was plagued by all sorts of glitches and programming laziness, but it was still one of my favorite games of the current generation. If they can improve on some of the faults of the first game, the sequel should be amazing. Now that I think about it, I still haven't beaten the General Knoxx DLC (because it's really fucking hard), so I'm gonna go do that now.

Ninja Gaiden 3 - I'm kinda worried about this one since Tomonobu Itagaki is no longer with Team Ninja, but I'm gonna try to remain optimistic since the last Ninja Gaiden game was so fucking awesome.

Prototype 2 - If the developers can make the sequel less monotonous, this should be a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Will probably buy a 3DS for this one.

There's my list - what's yours?

Dota-2-on-2011.jpg

Soulcalibur V
Prototype 2
Borderlands 2
Armored Core V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken X Street Fighter
Dishonored

Seriously.....I also do not have a beta key. Oh well... I still have fun with DotA 1 every now and then.

RE Revelations. Although I have a suspicion it will be bad...

Diablo 3 I guess.

Same although i never really anticipate with Blizzard, i'll probably just wake-up one day and see that it's released and be like 'oh cool'. I'm actually wondering how long it will hold my attention.. i've went from been a hardcore gamer in FPS league competitions and high-end guild raiding in WoW years and years ago to just losing interest completely, i couldn't even finish most of Skyrim and i usually love RPG games.

Bioshock Infinite would be one. Bought my 360 mainly to play Bioshock when it was released and wasn't disappointed, my first intro to next gen console gaming being both stunningly playable and stunningly beautiful. How they managed to bork things so badly with Bioshock 2 is beyond me, but looks like they're properly putting the effort in for Infinite. Can't wait.

Mass Effect 3 is a given. Played them the wrong way round, only playing through the first quite recently after putting in god knows how many hours into the second. Quite a leap from ME to ME2 in terms of plot and gameplay. If 3 improves on 2 by anything like the same amount it will be immense!

Its pretty amazing. I follow the pro scene semi closely, and there is a function where you can be an observer in any game as it is playing. So as Im waiting in queue (another amazing feature that dota1 didnt have) i can observe pro games. The hero pool needs work but the ones they have done so far are really great. It feels pretty much just like DotA minus the shitty graphics and many of the frustrations that came with the original.

Also the shopping system is much more streamlined, couriers are automatically shared with the team, and just a laundry list of other stuff that makes it better. There is some stiff competition though.