Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Mortal Kombat Drug: Warning After Girl Dies

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
mortal-kombat-tablets-1-522x293.jpg

Mortal Kombat Drug: Warning After Girl Dies

People are warned against playing "Russian roulette" after the death of a 17-year-old girl who took the drug at a club.

teenager has died and four others have been taken to hospital after apparently taking a drug called 'Mortal Kombat'.

Police in Scotland say the drug - thought to be an ecstasy-type compound - is distributed in red tablets with a dragon imprinted upon them.

Regane MacColl, 17, from Clydebank, collapsed after taking the drug while at The Arches nightclub in central Glasgow on Saturday.

She died in hospital on Sunday.

A further three men and one woman were also admitted to hospital in separate incidents over the weekend after feeling unwell from taking drugs.

One woman, aged 19, was admitted to Glasgow Royal Infirmary on Saturday night and three men aged 18, 26 and 27 were taken to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock on Friday night.

Police said early stage enquiries have revealed the Mortal Kombat tablet is thought to be the common link between the incidents.

Mortal Kombat has so far referred to a combination of mephedrone and ketamine, according to the Urban Dictionary.

But it is thought this drug may be different.

Tests are being carried out to establish exactly what the drug contains but the results may take some time.

The incidents come days after police issued a warning over other pink ecstasy-type tablets with the Superman logo on one side which were found to contain methoxyamphetamine (PMA).

Regane MacColl who has died after taking a new drug Mortal Kombat
Regane had been at The Arches nightclub
PMA has previously been connected to a number of serious adverse reactions and fatalities.

The incidents have prompted police and health workers to issue a general warning about the dangers of drugs.

Detective Inspector Sharon MacGregor said: "I can't stress enough how dangerous drugs are, sadly a young woman has died and several other young people are ill in hospital.

"Illicit drugs are unstable, unpredictable and extremely dangerous as this outcome shows, often the content of the drugs is unknown but they could contain dangerous chemicals and people need to understand the devastating effect they can have.

"I would strongly advise people to avoid illicit drugs and report any information to the police."

Mr James Stevenson, A&E consultant with Ayrshire and Arran, added: "People who choose to take drugs are playing Russian roulette with their life.

"They have no way of knowing what they are taking, and as a result, some of them will die.

"I would appeal to young people, don't believe what you're being told by someone giving you drugs.

"There's no such thing as a safe, illicit drug, you could be swallowing anything.

"You can't tell what's in it by looking at it."

http://news.sky.com/story/1205669/mortal-kombat-drug-warning-after-girl-dies

Why the fuck do they call it a new drug when it's just a mixture of drugs which have been around for years.
They're talking like dangerous ecstasy combos are a brand new thing
I hate the fucking media

I remember when rolls were more common it was one of those random rules to never take an out-press (as opposed to a press that's indented into the pill), as those were, as the legend went, always bombs, either meth or PMA. Guess it's still true...

I took these about a year ago and I was fine! The MK's were just high dose MDMA (180mg), but I remember a batch having 0.8mg PMMA in them. I call bullshit!

New drug lol terrible misinformation
took these and had a fantastic roll they were clean as could be mdma
My guess is either way to high of dose because these are high mg or dehydration woth out proper precautions being taking or another press altogether. Could be those bunk super mans that look some what similar.

Just the media trying to scare users out of taking mdma.

Every body buy a test kit and test all your product. Only way to be safe and know what your ingesting.

"There's no such thing as a safe, illicit drug, you could be swallowing anything.

"You can't tell what's in it by looking at it."

This is actually true is a way. Back when mdma was legal before it became an illicit drug a majority of the people making and distributing it were good honest people not low life thugs that would put any random rc in a pill if it means they will make more profit. Also clubs would have testing booths which in allot of countries are not aloud anymore since it'd mean they acknowledge drug use takes place on their property which would get them shut down and/or arrested.

If MDMA was legal there would be no need for testing booths either because the pills would all be pure.

"Mortal Kombat has so far referred to a combination of mephedrone and ketamine, according to the Urban Dictionary.

But it is thought this drug may be different."

Fuck me, lol

This is the journalism you do when you don't have a budget to actually leave the office 8)

Another dire article!

Bear in mind folks, that people unfortuntately do, now & again, actually die from pure MDMA, even in low doses. It happens. Random allergic reactions to MDMA have occured, & I remember one case back in the early 90's, where a young lady very nearly lost her life after a reaction to just half a pill. Pills tend to be very high doses these days, & to the sensitive individual, dose is everything.

Even for people without an allergy to MDMA it's use is still a small risk. Deaths from pure MDMA still occur due to heastroke & DIC (Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, often fatal) & through accidental water OD's & other avoidable behaviour.

The dangers of toxic pills has increased considerably in recent years. The only danger of contaminated pills 20 years ago was that you might have wasted your money. Nowadays, with PMA appearing in more & more different pills & drugs like bk-mdma & other RC's available to drug dealers, the risks of unknown substances & interactions between them is still growing.

But there's still every reason to use MDMA with care & caution, especially for young people & new users! It might not happen very often but MDMA can still harm & kill!

"Mortal Kombat has so far referred to a combination of mephedrone and ketamine, according to the Urban Dictionary.

But it is thought this drug may be different."

Fuck me, lol

This is the journalism you do when you don't have a budget to actually leave the office 8)

Wait they actually used Urban Dictionary as an information source for a news article; they may as well of used Encyclopedia Dramatica or The Onion.

Not all drugs are dangerous like these research chemicals that someone is mixing together & giving them out as x pills.

I guess its pretty hard to get old school x like back in the 80's & 90's.

I wouldn't touch today's x pills, too dangerous.

Not all drugs are dangerous like these research chemicals that someone is mixing together & giving them out as x pills.

I guess its pretty hard to get old school x like back in the 80's & 90's.

I wouldn't touch today's x pills, too dangerous.

Yeah, same pretty much. And you hear of people at raves and festivals having 5 or more at the event. Very risky business.