• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine & Xanax

Stretchthetruth

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. Im obviously a newbie and only experienced a few drugs when i was a In my very early 20s, I had a question regarding mixing morphine and xanax.
I'm actually trying to use the morphine for medical purposes due to chronic pain I've been experiencing for a the past week. And acetaminophen tylenol has not helped one bit, I reached out to a buddy and he has morphine pills (15mg blue morphine tabs) .
I've been taking prescription xanax daily for many years due to severe anxiety and suffering from PTSD. Only 4mg alprazolam day, split into 3rds. 1.33mg Morning/mid-day/then before bed.
Is it okay (safe) to take 1 morphine tablet with my xanax to ease pains. Lol, I can't find anything regarding the mixture between the two. I'd totally prefer some norcs or vicodin right now but that's not an option for me unfortunately. Please advise.

Hey!! Fresh Meat! You're lucky you joined when you did. Every 13th Greenlighter who joins is selected to partake in Carousel. You were number 12. Praise be to

So, what you are describing is a very common practice in both the licit and illicit worlds of medicine/pharmacy. I'm assuming you understand the word synergy? Basically,

"The combination of these drugs creates an effect above and beyond what the 'sum' of the different parts should equal".

Prescribers take advantage of this by, in theory, keeping the dosages of pain medications lower. Illicit drug users do the same, except a lower overall cost is the main draw.

This also is extremely risky. That same synergy can and often does lead to fatal overdoses by way of respiratory distress. The best I can say is, respect this combination (including Alcohol and Barbiturates).

I'm not giving you a hard time or anything buddy, but 4mg Alprazolan (Xanax) every day is a substantial amount of Benzodiazepine. If you need it, you know yourself better than I. If you have the time and would like to discuss this, please message me. For now, your question.

If you are really trying to conserve the Morphine, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the variability of this drug's bioavailability. Long story short, taking tablets orally is not the best. Rectal seems to be better ( some conjecture in the data) but I've always found it to be much better.

I would have you take 15mg with your Alprazolam. 30 mins should present effects and an hour cam be used as a benchmark. If you need/want more, you can take it.

Let us know what you decide or if you have any questions at all. This practice is safe if done with caution at the fore.

And acetaminophen tylenol has not helped one bit
Just to add to what is posted:
Be very careful with those tylenol as from a couple experiences OD-ing on tylenol is without doubt the roughest sick ever felt in my life. Fuckin' liver and/or kidney damage is scarey and suck the big one. Wont go into details but it stopped me from taking pills with APAP, tylenol and anything related to this "drug" errrmmm poison....
The bio availability of oral morphine is quite low and I feel you have been on alprazolam for a while and probably have built a tolerance. I will opine that what you ask is safe-ish but do not let it get out of hand as death is near and waiting....
I also wish to welcome you here to BL and look forward to diggin' in your mind a bit. ;)
Be well and safe as possible.
Ptah

Just to add to what is posted:
Be very careful with those tylenol as from a couple experiences OD-ing on tylenol is without doubt the roughest sick ever felt in my life. Fuckin' liver and/or kidney damage is scarey and suck the big one. Wont go into details but it stopped me from taking pills with APAP, tylenol and anything related to this "drug" errrmmm poison....

Yikes. I'm definitely going to stop tylenol. My last dose was 500mg at 2am PST last night.
I've been only taking under 2000-2500mg daily.
But after reading that I no longer even wanna touch the stuff.

Should I just fight through the pains and let my body detoxify the tylenol before even touching the morphine for my pains? Lol I'm getting a headache just thinking about this... 🤕

Hey!! Fresh Meat! You're lucky you joined when you did. Every 13th Greenlighter who joins is selected to partake in Carousel. You were number 12. Praise be to

So, what you are describing is a very common practice in both the licit and illicit worlds of medicine/pharmacy. I'm assuming you understand the word synergy? Basically,

"The combination of these drugs creates an effect above and beyond what the 'sum' of the different parts should equal".

Prescribers take advantage of this by, in theory, keeping the dosages of pain medications lower. Illicit drug users do the same, except a lower overall cost is the main draw.

This also is extremely risky. That same synergy can and often does lead to fatal overdoses by way of respiratory distress. The best I can say is, respect this combination (including Alcohol and Barbiturates).

I'm not giving you a hard time or anything buddy, but 4mg Alprazolan (Xanax) every day is a substantial amount of Benzodiazepine. If you need it, you know yourself better than I. If you have the time and would like to discuss this, please message me. For now, your question.

If you are really trying to conserve the Morphine, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the variability of this drug's bioavailability. Long story short, taking tablets orally is not the best. Rectal seems to be better ( some conjecture in the data) but I've always found it to be much better.

I would have you take 15mg with your Alprazolam. 30 mins should present effects and an hour cam be used as a benchmark. If you need/want more, you can take it.

Let us know what you decide or if you have any questions at all. This practice is safe if done with caution at the fore.

Thank you for that information.
I do have a really large tolerance to alprazolam.
As I am tapering I feel little to no effects of my prescription xanax anymore. And use it solely to fight the withdrawal symptoms and lowering dosages by a hair each week.
On a strict plan with my PCP..

As the other reply stated below kinda freaked me out about tylenol so I'm stopping that completely.
And probably will just fight through the pains today and let my body detox the acetaminophen.

The pains I've been experiencing are kinda embarrassing to talk about. But It has to do with me passing micro kidney stones. I was in the ER last friday. Only to be told to take Motrin, but I am allergic to ibuprofen. Then was just referred to continue taking acetaminophen every 6 hours. Which again hasn't helped a bit.
I'm already afraid of pain medication as is.
So I'd rather just stick out the pain then risk my liver. I have a kids and definitely don't want them to see their father suffering even further.

As for the morphine. I think I will be taking in full moderation (after acetaminophen passes my body in 24 hours or more)
I am not trying to achieve to get "high" or feel "euphoric" by any means.
I just want to ease the pain in experiencing.
And will most likely when I begin taking the low morphine will take it and hour or more apart from my alprazolam (with food).

Is that a smarter decision?

kinda freaked me out about tylenol
I like that. Sorry to be the one to break the news about tylenol ut there are informative posts about this.
I would recommencement naproxen sodium (aleve) above any other but not a doctor. I have chronic pains, too and aleve is great for this (take with food). 220-440mg a day is recommended but Docs prescribe larger doses at times and not sure what to believe so stay in the 220-440mg range. Kratom and a little aleve goes a long way for me.
when I begin taking the low morphine will take it and hour or more apart from my alprazolam (with food).
Those morphine tabs are extended release iirc and it lasts pretty much all day. I love extended release as they help stave off pain for a long time.
Some advise to take substances on an empty stomach (too feel quickest/maximum effect) but I always eat before I dose anything (even if is a few saltines)... need to keep my stomach intact and healthy as possible. It may delay onset of a substance but it also prolongs the effects.
Kratom and alprazolam (xanax) is nice, IMO. :)

Thank you for that information.
I do have a really large tolerance to alprazolam.
As I am tapering I feel little to no effects of my prescription xanax anymore. And use it solely to fight the withdrawal symptoms and lowering dosages by a hair each week.
On a strict plan with my PCP..

As the other reply stated below kinda freaked me out about tylenol so I'm stopping that completely.
And probably will just fight through the pains today and let my body detox the acetaminophen.

The pains I've been experiencing are kinda embarrassing to talk about. But It has to do with me passing micro kidney stones. I was in the ER last friday. Only to be told to take Motrin, but I am allergic to ibuprofen. Then was just referred to continue taking acetaminophen every 6 hours. Which again hasn't helped a bit.
I'm already afraid of pain medication as is.
So I'd rather just stick out the pain then risk my liver. I have a kids and definitely don't want them to see their father suffering even further.

As for the morphine. I think I will be taking in full moderation (after acetaminophen passes my body in 24 hours or more)
I am not trying to achieve to get "high" or feel "euphoric" by any means.
I just want to ease the pain in experiencing.
And will most likely when I begin taking the low morphine will take it and hour or more apart from my alprazolam (with food).

Is that a smarter decision?

Okie dukie. Path Tek is right to caution you about the Acetaminopen (Tylenol). You can, of course stil do damage, but for a long time, the most problems were arising from folks misusing combination products like Vicodin, Percocet etc. without being properly educated about the dangers.

It's good that you are addressing it now. Acetaminophen, like a lot of medicine, is really effective but not as "fool-proof" as people tend to believe.

You dont have to just stop taking it immediately though. If you're in pain then we fan figure something out. I'm just saying, you dont need to do a full-size U-turn. Just make sure you understand the dangers and make a reasonable plan to change things.

There are other OTC pain relievers that are not so hepatoxic. The NSAID's are the most commonly used. They are as effective as Aacetaminophen for many types of pain and they are metabolized by other organs i.e. kidneys for Ibuprofen.

I would suggest substituting Ibuprofen for acetaminophen and see if that works and then hit us up!

P.S. you can still take 2,000mg Acetaminophen per day for four weeks even with liver dysfunction. I'm not encouraging it, just trying to manage your fear.

Okie dukie. Path Tek is right to caution you about the Acetaminopen (Tylenol). You can, of course stil do damage, but for a long time, the most problems were arising from folks misusing combination products like Vicodin, Percocet etc. without being properly educated about the dangers.

It's good that you are addressing it now. Acetaminophen, like a lot of medicine, is really effective but not as "fool-proof" as people tend to believe.

You dont have to just stop taking it immediately though. If you're in pain then we fan figure something out. I'm just saying, you dont need to do a full-size U-turn. Just make sure you understand the dangers and make a reasonable plan to change things.

There are other OTC pain relievers that are not so hepatoxic. The NSAID's are the most commonly used. They are as effective as Aacetaminophen for many types of pain and they are metabolized by other organs i.e. kidneys for Ibuprofen.

I would suggest substituting Ibuprofen for acetaminophen and see if that works and then hit us up!

P.S. you can still take 2,000mg Acetaminophen per day for four weeks even with liver dysfunction. I'm not encouraging it, just trying to manage your fear.

I don't know if I stated above but I have a bad allergic reaction too ibuprofen so that kinda rules that out. I definitely wanna figure it out.
I'm actually going to be honest here and talk about my pains I'm enduring, as I am passing micro-sized kidney stones at the moment. Non the less they hurt like hell. I've been sticking today out like a CHAMP with no pain relief today. And tomorrow if I still feel the same i maybe just gonna try just riding the rollercoaster again. If the pain does worsen though, i will be taking those morphine pills. But I did also get a second opinion and possibly might take the morphine as a half or quarter of the dosage, then see how I feel and updose If needed.
You think that's a good idea?
I am incredibly grateful for everyone's help.