• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine vs oxycodone?

X11400

Bluelighter
I am confused as to what the therapeutic index of morphine relative to 25 mg of of oxycodone is, can anyone direct me to some information regarding dosing of this drug for harm reduction purposes?

Google Opioid Equivalency Chart.

Oxycodone is a bit stronger, but Morphine has an outstanding duration, which is where Oxycodone falters.

It's important to remember IV morphine is 3x as potent as oral morphine, so take that into account.

IIRC, 10mg oxycodone is about as effective as 30mg oral morphine, or 10mg IM/IV.

It's important to remember IV morphine is 3x as potent as oral morphine, so take that into account.

IIRC, 10mg oxycodone is about as effective as 30mg oral morphine, or 10mg IM/IV.
What about smoked and Ir?

Good... Point =D

In all seriousness though if IV is the route in question please keep in mind that the histamine release of morphine is considerably greater than with oxycodone. It's a different beast so to speak. Personally I now enjoy the rush of morphine but didn't always. The "rush" with morphine with it's histamine release can be unpleasant for some users. Some users prefer to take an antihistamine to prevent this issue. So depending on the person IV morphine might feel "stronger" than the oxycodone. At least in terms of the "rush". Of course that is a subjective experience so these are anecdotal observations.
I had to throw that out there as my wife enjoys oral morphine but did not like the "rush" of IV morphine at all. IV diacetylmorphine she was fine with but morphine itself the histamine was to much as far as I could tell. I didn't think at the dose involved histamine would be an issue but I digress .
I have to keep her happy so I always toss that disclaimer out there. :)

Good... Point =D

In all seriousness though if IV is the route in question please keep in mind that the histamine release of morphine is considerably greater than with oxycodone. It's a different beast so to speak. Personally I now enjoy the rush of morphine but didn't always. The "rush" with morphine with it's histamine release can be unpleasant for some users. Some users prefer to take an antihistamine to prevent this issue. So depending on the person IV morphine might feel "stronger" than the oxycodone. At least in terms of the "rush". Of course that is a subjective experience so these are anecdotal observations.
I had to throw that out there as my wife enjoys oral morphine but did not like the "rush" of IV morphine at all. IV diacetylmorphine she was fine with but morphine itself the histamine was to much as far as I could tell. I didn't think at the dose involved histamine would be an issue but I digress .
I have to keep her happy so I always toss that disclaimer out there. :)
I don’t plan on injecting any drugs. I should have specified oral, rectal, and inhalation.

10mg oxy is actually closer to 15mg oral morphine, 1.5x stronger, so 25mg oxy is something like 37.5 morphine orally. As for BA's rectal is like 45%, oral 30%, I believe smoking morphine destroys most of it in the flame

10mg oxy is actually closer to 15mg oral morphine, 1.5x stronger, so 25mg oxy is something like 37.5 morphine orally. As for BA's rectal is like 45%, oral 30%, I believe smoking morphine destroys most of it in the flame
Smoking ms contin tablets is shit and gross.minimal effect

Oral oxycodone is indeed very high BA, around 90%.

Smoking or snorting oxycodone are less effective overall but produce a more potent effect (higher&faster peak blood concentrations) so some people prefer that.

If you're eating pills, oxy is the most efficient dose wise. If you're into needles, morphine supposedly blows oxy out of the water.

I have never injected any drugs because I'm pretty sure I would like it a lot and just keep doing it all the time.

No way 10mg Oxycodone to 15mg morphine. I’ve taken both of these plenty with zero tolerance. I can get a good buzz off 10-20mg Oxycodone but would need to take 50-75mg orally morphine to get anywhere close.

Morphines oral BA is absolute garbage in comparison and it only gets better if you’ve been dependent on opiates for awhile. (BA is higher in opiate dependent vs opiate naive individuals.)

Also the “high” of morphine is poor as well. I’ve never IV’ed it properly to find out but oral, snorted and rectal it’s mainly just a good painkiller in my book.

If your looking to kill pain take the morphine if your looking to get high take the oxy.

-GC

The equianalgesic wiki which compares everything to 10mg morphine has oxy at 6.67 oxy so that's where I got that, perhaps you take more because like you said its more of an analgesic than a euphoriant in relation to oxy. Guess dosing depends on whether its to get high or for pain. Also found the same dosage recommendation of 1.5x more morphine than oxy on most opi calculators

Ahhh good point. It’s almost certainly regarding the analgesic properties not the euphoria which is considered a side effect ;)

-GC

The equianalgesic wiki which compares everything to 10mg morphine has oxy at 6.67 oxy so that's where I got that, perhaps you take more because like you said its more of an analgesic than a euphoriant in relation to oxy. Guess dosing depends on whether its to get high or for pain. Also found the same dosage recommendation of 1.5x more morphine than oxy on most opi calculators
I thought that euphoria was a by product of pain relief? Then again there is the nociceptive receptor.