• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids morphine vs heroin addiction

casualdruguser

Greenlighter
Is addiction to either one just as bad in terms of the level of addiction and difficulty coming off it? Or is morphine slightly more forgiving since its not as strong? Would a morphine user moving on to heroin be much worse than sticking with morphine?

Well Heroin is derived from Morphine.

But I would say Heroin is MUCH harder to get off than Rx Morphine.

Oxycodone is stronger than Morphine, and I've been thru both Oxy and Heroin W/D...Heroin was 1000x worse!

Heroin is just simply evil.

To answer your question, they're both bad. But H is much more hardcore.

it depends on how much youre using and for how long. if the amounts were the same mg for mg then the heroin wd's would be worse.
morphine withdrawal is still horrific, and if you use enough it can be as bad as heroin withdrawals. heroin simply has the potential to have worse withdrawals because it's stronger.

aren't you the guy who was saying the other day that you used once a week and didn't plan on getting addicted?

heroin is more potent than morphine but the addiction is exactly the same, one will substitute for the other in an addict.

it depends on how much youre using and for how long. if the amounts were the same mg for mg then the heroin wd's would be worse.
morphine withdrawal is still horrific, and if you use enough it can be as bad as heroin withdrawals. heroin simply has the potential to have worse withdrawals because it's stronger.

aren't you the guy who was saying the other day that you used once a week and didn't plan on getting addicted?

Yep. I've just been doing alot of reading and i'm just curious. I've been using morphine for a while now and i dont feel the strong desire to take it like alot of people describe when they talk about heroin.

what does morphine even feel like? i'm so confused, i get that it probs numbs you. but euphoria? surely none?

It makes your body tingle and feel great, and it also puts you in a really good mood and you just generally feel excellent.

Is addiction to either one just as bad in terms of the level of addiction and difficulty coming off it? Or is morphine slightly more forgiving since its not as strong? Would a morphine user moving on to heroin be much worse than sticking with morphine?

Heroin, being a 3,6 diester of morphine, acts as a prodrug and is metabolized in vivo into morphine. The addiction is the same - physical dependency and cravings - the differentiation would lie the amount of substance being ingested and its reciprocal effect on how addicted you got. Doing 100mg of morphine daily wouldn't get you as addicted as doing 100mg of heroin daily because heroin's lipid solubility allows it to be absorbed MUCH easier into the brain to be converted into morphine. Heroin is generally regarded as easier to get addicted to due to its potency, availability (in certain places) and price (again, in certain places.)

what does morphine even feel like? i'm so confused, i get that it probs numbs you. but euphoria? surely none?
It feels like you're wrapped in the warmest blanket in the world where nobody can hurt you. The euphoria is its own kind - the problems of the world and your life melt away so quickly that you don't have time to worry about them - at first. This is why it's so bloody easy to get addicted to. Nobody forgets that initial feeling of perfection and freedom from worry which is why so many poor souls spend so many years chasing that dragon in hopes of finding that same feeling, but it never truly comes back.

Not something one should trifle with.